The 4/05/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pingouin

just chillin'
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, all April 5, 2008, MCATers!!!!

This is your official place to stress, vent, hang out, party, cry, yell, or whatever else you need to do in the week before and just after your MCAT.

As a reminder, when your test is done, you are welcome to come here and discuss your experience with it. Discussing general passage topics is OK- ie, "I had PS passages on circuits, thermodynamics, and optics." However, you are NOT allowed post specific questions, passage information, or answer choices from your test. Any posts which contain specific content from the test will be deleted, and a 1-week post hold will be placed on your account. Look here for more information on this.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

SCORES ARE OUT!!! jkjkjk :) I'm afraid we will probably end up waiting until at least the 6th from what I have heard... My dreams are getting more intense by the day. Good luck!

Just to warn ya.. people who falsely report score releases tend to suffer terrible consequences :smuggrin: Well, at least, those that do it very close to the actual score release do... ;)

SCORES ARE OUT!!! jkjkjk :) I'm afraid we will probably end up waiting until at least the 6th from what I have heard... My dreams are getting more intense by the day. Good luck!

Why do you think the scores will be released on the 6th? The January MCAT scores came out 2 days before they were supposed to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan on checking this thread daily as I know someone will be on top of it as soon as they are up. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

I have heard that in many instances the scores are delayed but hey it would be great if they came out early!

oh jesus. i nearly had a freakout in my PChem class today when i realized scores come out next week! NEXT WEEK!! HOLY F*ING ****!!! i want them now. i cannot wait....

sigh.. i feel better

Its been so long I feel like I have moved on to the next phase of life, then again I never had a sense of completion in all the struggle and hard work for the last 6 months so it seemed like one big anticlimactic experience that I just left unfinished. Its so weird.

Its been so long I feel like I have moved on to the next phase of life, then again I never had a sense of completion in all the struggle and hard work for the last 6 months so it seemed like one big anticlimactic experience that I just left unfinished. Its so weird.

i couldn't have put it any better. i just can't wait for this week to end (and hopefully for it to all be over!.... well the MCAT part at least..)

i know what you mean about moving on already. it's almost seems i won't even care if i get a bad score back. it seems so long ago....i'd just be like "whatever, that was so long ago. doesn't affect me now." of course then the reality would set in soon after hahaha.

good luck everyone!

Wow! Am i the only one that feels like it wasn't so long ago and went HOLY crap the scores are coming out?! Already? haha...while i'm scared and want to cry....

anyone else check their scores about 3 times a day even though there is no way they are out this early?

Members don't see this ad :)
finals end tomorrow and I imagine I'll begin to peek once a day. I might have a heart attack if they came up early......now I'm getting nervous, oh boy.

finals end tomorrow and I imagine I'll begin to peek once a day. I might have a heart attack if they came up early......now I'm getting nervous, oh boy.

you're lucky...my finals go till next thursday. i'll probably not even check the scores till a few days after they're released b/c i don't want them to distract me for finals! ahh

So is the general consensus that the scores will be released on Monday, the 5th?

Next week is my finals week so it doesn't make a big difference to me. All I know is that I still check it 3 times a day and that my nerves are getting the best of me.

will they email us and let us know scores are out or do we have to just keep checking a bunch of times a day like i'm already beginning to do?

Once you login to the AAMC website how to you get to your scores? ...I know they haven't been released yet, but for when they are released.

Good luck on your scores everyone. I'll be in your place soon enough.

they could come out early like Jan also. I guess I'll start checking now.

Ahhh! I'm so nervous. I'm counting it down. I have no idea how that test went, walked out feeling terrible, but my practice test scores were okay so...
*Bites nails* Why do they have to come out during finals week!? :eek:Good luck you guys!

Am I the only one having nervous jitters about it? :scared: For some reason, whenever test scores come out, I enter this state of calendarophobia...

UM no...haha i'm in the same boat..except the more i think about it, the more i know i got wrong..CRAP...dna/rna..really, what's the diff? :( dammit..scared to death right now :scared:

haha, my friend said he had a dream that i got 41! i wish!!

dang guys, 5 days left....i'm definitely waiting 2 days tho till after finals are over. i'll be sure to be checking this thread to see how you all do tho lol

Agreed.. someone shine down your wisdom

come on guys, think....how are they gonna release them on the weekend when no one is at the office? the only way you'd receive a score on the weekend is if they snailmailed you the response. in that case, maybe they'd send them out friday so you'd get them over the weekend. considering AAMC says may 6th (a tuesday) tentatively, it'd probably be no earlier than Monday. either tomorrow (!!!!) possibly or Monday, not the weekend. common sense? i know we're all freaking out right now!!! we waited a month, we can wait a lil longer lol

Well tests are taken place on Saturdays so where do these scores go? There has to be some operation at least on the weekend. Unless they just keep these scores saved on some database until Monday.

Well tests are taken place on Saturdays so where do these scores go? There has to be some operation at least on the weekend. Unless they just keep these scores saved on some database until Monday.

My guess would be that AAMC IS open on Saturdays - but that has nothing to do with where the scores go. Since everything is done on computer I am sure they just have them saved on a database - regardless if they are working or not that day.

As far as score release goes - my guess would be regular business hours (M-F, 8-5)....but, you never know, they could have them set on a timer for midnight or something! =P CHECK CONSTANTLY.

lol - obviously no one really knows, I'd rather just check here. =)

fo sho...i'm too much of a coward to keep checking on my own. i haven't checked the aamc site once yet! i know you all will let me know as soon as they're released lol. i just hope they don't send me an email WITH the scores in them. i for sure want to wait till after finals and i'll be real pissed off if they send them like that!! pretty sure it's only on aamc site...for the LSAT, tho, they do send the actual scores in your email. i saw my brother's and i was like "DANNG straight to the point." "your LSAT score was ____ and scored in the ____ percentile."

My guess would be that AAMC IS open on Saturdays - but that has nothing to do with where the scores go. Since everything is done on computer I am sure they just have them saved on a database - regardless if they are working or not that day.

As far as score release goes - my guess would be regular business hours (M-F, 8-5)....but, you never know, they could have them set on a timer for midnight or something! =P CHECK CONSTANTLY.

Yeah you know what it won't stop me from still checking on the weekend :laugh:

They DO NOT e-mail them to you. You have to go to the site, log in and see it there. Thank goodness.

haha....I guess I'm crazy - I haven't been there to check mine at all. I just really am not sure I even WANT them and I SURE don't want them right now during finals. I'd hate to do bad and spend all my time worrying about it.

I'd obviously rather procrastinate on SDN and fail my finals due to forums - that's a much better excuse than a bad score on the one test that can affect the rest of your life.

lol

They DO NOT e-mail them to you. You have to go to the site, log in and see it there. Thank goodness.

haha....I guess I'm crazy - I haven't been there to check mine at all. I just really am not sure I even WANT them and I SURE don't want them right now during finals. I'd hate to do bad and spend all my time worrying about it.

I'd obviously rather procrastinate on SDN and fail my finals due to forums - that's a much better excuse than a bad score on the one test that can affect the rest of your life.

lol

haha are you sure you just posted this? this sounds like exactly what i've been saying this whole time! me and you are definitely the smart ones :)

haha thanks... yeah my prof is terrible, all my knowledge has primarily come from the MCAT and that doesn't help integrations such as magnetic and electric flux.

good luck guys! we are two weeks behind y'all and we'll be looking for y'all to set a precedent for April :)

GL on your final too Soccerdoc. Physics is awful. hang in there and get out as quickly as possible!

haha thanks... yeah my prof is terrible, all my knowledge has primarily come from the MCAT and that doesn't help integrations such as magnetic and electric flux.

ooohhhh gooood you're taking the calc-based physics. at my school premeds are only required to take the algebra-based so nearly all of them take that. i was like the only one who took the calc-based...i actually wanted to know how things worked and not blindly memorize equations! i hear all the other premeds this semester complaining about the algebra-based one and in my head i'm just like "....stfu it's not even real physics!" anyways, good for you! hehe