The 4/05/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pingouin

just chillin'
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, all April 5, 2008, MCATers!!!!

This is your official place to stress, vent, hang out, party, cry, yell, or whatever else you need to do in the week before and just after your MCAT.

As a reminder, when your test is done, you are welcome to come here and discuss your experience with it. Discussing general passage topics is OK- ie, "I had PS passages on circuits, thermodynamics, and optics." However, you are NOT allowed post specific questions, passage information, or answer choices from your test. Any posts which contain specific content from the test will be deleted, and a 1-week post hold will be placed on your account. Look here for more information on this.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ye SoccerDoc Barcelona is my squad for sure. I lived in Spain for 12 years my father is from the Basque region. Messi is sick but so is Wayne Roonie. When are the finals for the Champions League?

From the MCAT website:

Please refer to the MCAT Administration Schedule for expected score release dates. Please note that these are target dates. Scores may be released on the exact date or within a few days of the day published in the schedule. Should we experience any significant delays in releasing scores (delays beyond three days from the date published in the schedule) we will post a message on this Web page.

So...since there was nothing about it being late, should we assume that the scores will come out close to the 6th?

I read this as "we won't tell you about any delays, unless said delay reaches 3 days". . . meaning we won't hear from the web page until we have already waited for 3 days. But now that you say it, I kind of think your interpretation is right.
Still, I don't see any reason to expect that they come out tomorrow. Although I hope they do, I expect them to come out on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Word.
I suppose optimism would be in order here. I know that I will be checking first thing in the morning, JIC.

ok, i'm just about sick of MCAT score dreams. in one of my dreams last night i got a 35A. A?!?!? how bad do you have to do on the essays to get an "A?" i was freaking out.

it got me thinking though. if you got a good numerical score, but got a heinous essay score would it be a disaster? would most schools look past a "K" for someone that got a 37?

btw, can someone who has their scores already post a screenshot of them? i'm just curious what it looks like and what all information they give you.

btw, can someone who has their scores already post a screenshot of them? i'm just curious what it looks like and what all information they give you.
Gotta go to class, so I don't have time to figure out how to copy the pic here, but this info is on pg 8 of the 1/26/08 MCAT club page.

Members don't see this ad :)
horrible writing for me....but i dont think that will matter too much in the end...am I right?

9 9 10 - 28 O (hopefully my 3.9 GPA makes up for it) what do you think should I re-take it and sign up?

Holy ****, they are early. Pessimism apparently worked. . . 34P, could certainly be worse

Hey, I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments over the past couple of weeks.

I got my scores today:

14P 11V Q 12B (37Q)

I greatly disliked the bio. section because of the one virus/ebola passage. It sucks that the challenge of the section was not more spread out among the questions.

Also, the verbal is very annoying to me. I scored a 13V on the January 26 administration (11P, 13V, O, 9B) and I felt really good about the verbal on April 5. Does anyone else think that the verbal section just isn't as concise as it could be?

29O- 9,9,11
Months of hard work and consistenly getting 30-35 on AAMC, then this.
3.84 GPA, non trad, working full time, taking 17 hrs, and prepping for mcat.
I can't believe my score dropped below 30. Not sure about a retake.

HELL YES!! Just checked and got my score back - 43S! 15bs 14ps 14vs S writing. Phew..now I can concentrate on applying.

HELL YES!! Just checked and got my score back - 43S! 15bs 14ps 14vs S writing. Phew..now I can concentrate on applying.

HOLY **** DUDE!!!!

But still! I got a 37 Q! 11 V, 12, BS, 14 PS!! **** yeah!!! first time!!! yayayayayaya i started crying and laughing at the same time!!!!!!!!

35P!!!!!!!!!!

11 PS
11 VR
P WS
13 BS

Im so happy...i thought i bombed PS and i did the last 2 VR passages in 7 minutes

Well Guys I started in January with a realistic goal of 32.

For the rest of you all, and the April 18-19 Test takers, HANG IN THERE. The last four days have been rough. Almost had like 3 panick attacks. Now the only thing I have to worry about is my Physics II final and my Virology final a mere drizzle compared to the hurricane of the MCAT.

The outcome.....

11VS 10PS 10BS M WS: 31M

Writing score a little low, but it's more than enough for my in-state schools. With my 3.8 GPA I should be fine.

ITS OVER!!! Oh my Gosh.....Total Euphoria!

:banana: :banana: :hardy:

not to be a dick right now, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got 33T with 11 on PS and 12 on BS

If I think I can pull off 12 (maybe 13) on PS and 13 on BS for an overall score of 35-36, should I retake? or is it just not worth it?

I have a pretty good gpa at a good school...
sorry.

congrats everyone on who did well and are satsfied with their score, and to everyone who didn't do as well as they hoped better luck next time if you decide to take it over. MCAT can be handled with hard work

Congrats to everyone!

I'm always stunned by the number of SDNers who score super high--NOT a reflection of the general test taking population! Who would guess the mean is ~25 based on these posts?

Congrats to everyone!

I'm always stunned by the number of SDNers who score super high--NOT a reflection of the general test taking population! Who would guess the mean is ~25 based on these posts?

I was thinking the same thing... I'm happy with my 31...but these people are putting me to shame with their 37's lol.

Congratulations to everyone! At least our wait is over and we can move on with our lives (sort of!) :)