The 4/05/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pingouin

just chillin'
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, all April 5, 2008, MCATers!!!!

This is your official place to stress, vent, hang out, party, cry, yell, or whatever else you need to do in the week before and just after your MCAT.

As a reminder, when your test is done, you are welcome to come here and discuss your experience with it. Discussing general passage topics is OK- ie, "I had PS passages on circuits, thermodynamics, and optics." However, you are NOT allowed post specific questions, passage information, or answer choices from your test. Any posts which contain specific content from the test will be deleted, and a 1-week post hold will be placed on your account. Look here for more information on this.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually jealous of all you guys who are in finals right now, I mean sure it sucks that you have one more big thing happening with scores coming out but think about the finality of being done with school and the whole mcat process at once... I'll still have 5 more weeks then finals with the quarter system. I'd trade any day.

Members don't see this ad :)
well after taking a look at the Jan.MCAT thread they found out their scores 2 days early after 5 pm so the struggle for today isn't quite over yet! haha but either way I am going out tonight!

well after taking a look at the Jan.MCAT thread they found out their scores 2 days early after 5 pm so the struggle for today isn't quite over yet! haha but either way I am going out tonight!

where is that thread? i can only find the one in which ppl are talking about taking the MCAT that day but then it has no continuation on the scores a month later. the search isn't helping me out...

...i'm starting to join y'all in checking the scores too...and getting nervous...

02-25-2008, 01:43 PM is when the first person on SDN realized that the scores were released...that is 4:43 central time. So I guess that would also mean that it was 5:43 eastern time... Where is AAMC located?

Supertrooper (great movie by the way) I just went to the link of similar threads on the bottom of this thread - Jan 25th and 26th - I went to the most recent pages and just read what time people started saying that their scores were in.. Hope that helps

I need to figure out how I'm going to handle it..... I really feel bad about it but you never know. The anticipation is building up, especially because it could be up pretty much anytime now.

chiming in late.. I'm trying to remember from last year whether any scores were released on the weekends, and I think the answer is mostly "no". I think the only possible exception was the date when scores were delayed, and a few may be released belatedly on a Saturday. I wouldn't swear to that.

In my experience, score release was during the week and usually occurred after 3:30pm EST.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping they pull an early release, but I'm not overly optimistic. I think that typically fewer people take it in January (right?), which means fewer potential issues, which could have led to an early score release.
The April exam, on the other hand, has more testers (i think), and we identified in this forum at least one issue with a passage on the test, which could all contribute to a later score release.
GOD I hope I'm wrong, but this is what I'm thinking.

im not gonna be able to relax. this is all im thinking about even though i have finals coming up

Is anyone else ticked off by this wait? I find it hard to believe that the scores aren't all ready yet, just waiting for some lazy secretary to get around to hitting the post button or something. If they are going to let them out Monday, which I suspect they are, why couldn't they just release them Friday...I highly doubt they still have to catch-up on grading some exams on Monday right before posting.

I can't think of anything but my score...I have a terrible feeling about them, knowing I got a ridiculous amount of questions wrong already (mostly stupid errors on questions I thought I had right :() and it's screwing me over for finals. Rant complete.

Is anyone else ticked off by this wait? I find it hard to believe that the scores aren't all ready yet, just waiting for some lazy secretary to get around to hitting the post button or something. If they are going to let them out Monday, which I suspect they are, why couldn't they just release them Friday...I highly doubt they still have to catch-up on grading some exams on Monday right before posting.

I can't think of anything but my score...I have a terrible feeling about them, knowing I got a ridiculous amount of questions wrong already (mostly stupid errors on questions I thought I had right :() and it's screwing me over for finals. Rant complete.

I think everyone is getting impatient....just not as much as you lol

I have those moments too, it's all about distracting yourself.

You'd be suprised how many people would misread this sentence:

Scores are not out!!!!!!!!

... we identified in this forum at least one issue with a passage on the test, which could all contribute to a later score release.
quote]

my thoughts exactly. we might as well all assume the scores are coming out a week late that way we're happy when they're only a couple of days late.

... we identified in this forum at least one issue with a passage on the test, which could all contribute to a later score release.
quote]

my thoughts exactly. we might as well all assume the scores are coming out a week late that way we're happy when they're only a couple of days late.

dude, if the scores do not come out by tuesday evening i may kill someone... +pissed+i will probably have a massive panic attack, need to be hospitalized, and stay in a coma until someone tells me the scores are out.. they have to come out.. i cant stay in this panicked state much longer...:boom:

Mine don't come out until the 18th but I'm checking this forum to see how some of you did. Good luck!!!

^LOLLL. i like both teams, but i'm more of a la liga fan, so i was rooting for barca. ...until this morning when i woke up only to find my beloved valencia crushed by barca. ouch. anyway, that's how i've been trying to keep myself sane from this dreadful wait.:scared:

looks like tomorrow's going to be a big day for all of us...or lets hope anyway

Good luck everyone!!! :luck:

good luck holding it together...

on my MCAT release date we didn't hear a word until 5PM, and it was that way (5PM) for most of last year, but the last few dates have been erratic (late morning, lunchtime).

Good luck guys.

From the MCAT website:

Please refer to the MCAT Administration Schedule for expected score release dates. Please note that these are target dates. Scores may be released on the exact date or within a few days of the day published in the schedule. Should we experience any significant delays in releasing scores (delays beyond three days from the date published in the schedule) we will post a message on this Web page.

So...since there was nothing about it being late, should we assume that the scores will come out close to the 6th?

sooo close! less than 2 days everyone! i won't be checking mine till thursday after finals are over, tho. so i'm expecting all of you to post your scores ASAP to give me hope!

I don't think they'll be delayed. I'm sure there are minor issues with every test, nothing they can't figure out in a month. The January scores were up around 2:30 on Monday of the week they were supposed to be released (instead of Wednesday 5 PM), so I think there's a good chance they'll be up tomorrow.

This has definitely been an agonizing process, and to think it might not even be over is devastating.

Oh man its tough waiting for the scores to come out i have more butterflies in my stomach now than I did before i took the test.

have you guys decided who and if you are going to share your scores with out of your friends premed/otherwise? Is there some kind of etiquette about score sharing... I know some people who refuse to share their scores. I think I might not share mine because I have a good number of premed friends and I don't know if it would be good either way.. comparing can suck whether you do better (getting cocky) or worse (just crappy)..

i'll just share scores with my engineering friends they don't even know what the score means. BTW does anyone if the scores are for sure coming out tomorrow and at what time are they usually released?

they're usually released by 5pm I believe and should be released tomorrow.

they're usually released by 5pm I believe and should be released tomorrow.

Why does everyone seem to believe that they will be released tomorrow? ....I have the same feeling by the way. Is it just us being overly optimistic?