The 5/31/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decicco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is studying? I've done a fair amount so far, but will have to put it on hold for two weeks for finals... then I have a whole month of 10 hour days :thumbdown:thumbdown.

How are your practice tests? My Kaplan scores have been high (check my MDapps), but I think they are probably inflated.. I don't deserve some of the scores I've been getting, lol.

Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

not to jinx anyone but...so did anyone walk away from the 31st saying wow that really wasn't all that bad. I was expecting it to be a lot worse, i felt the physical was easy, and the verbal was even easier, and i thought that the biological was the hardest but not terrible...we'll see on monday

I don't know about everone else but I sure didn't feel like I nailed it when I left. I felt it was definitely harder than the aamc. When I left I basically only knew I didn't bomb it.

I don't know about everone else but I sure didn't feel like I nailed it when I left. I felt it was definitely harder than the aamc. When I left I basically only knew I didn't bomb it.

hahhaha amen. i felt exactly the opposite of plopper; the only section i knew i did well on was bio. PS caught me offguard and VR is just always hard to tell for me

Members don't see this ad :)
not to jinx anyone but...so did anyone walk away from the 31st saying wow that really wasn't all that bad. I was expecting it to be a lot worse, i felt the physical was easy, and the verbal was even easier, and i thought that the biological was the hardest but not terrible...we'll see on monday

I felt this way and I don't like it. I am expecting a tough curve.

Haha! Last night I had a dream where the score breakdown was some variation of the pythagorean theorem and I got a 25 and then I puked. Weird dream!

I didn't think the test was too bad...it was still bad, but I'm not sure. I still don't think I did as well as I could have so I am signed up for the July 18th test.

So you guys are saying when you took the real test you felt as well about it as the aamc test. I don't know some of those aamc test I felt I nailed them before checking my scores. Definitely not the case for the real thing....Anyone?

In hindsight the 31st test wasn't as bad as I felt it was DURING the test. test anxiety caused me to make some dumb mistakes. looking back, the test wasn't as bad as i made it out to be. but that's part of taking the MCAT... trying to cope with taking a monumental test in a room full of premeds vying for same schools you are.

I totally agree. It is a lot easier to say that the test wasen't that bad in hindsight. Hopefully the curve evens things out and we end up scoring around what our AAMC test scores were. Those things really were cake. Then agian, the curve on the AAMC test were rough. The Kaplan test on the other hand were harder but the curve was way more leanient. I'm hoping it's somewhere in the middle...?

I remember being mad intimidated in the first few minutes of the WS section. The girl sitting next to me was clearly typing up a storm at an inhuman speed, and then I looked at the total of 2 sentences i have written...

Haha! Last night I had a dream where the score breakdown was some variation of the pythagorean theorem and I got a 25 and then I puked. Weird dream!

I didn't think the test was too bad...it was still bad, but I'm not sure. I still don't think I did as well as I could have so I am signed up for the July 18th test.

Very interesting dream. It got me thinking about valid pythagorean triple MCAT scores...

3, 4, 5 = 12(ouch)
5, 12, 13 = 30 (okay...)
8, 15, 17 = 40 (now you're just showing off)

So... I haven't paying enough attention... are scores posted tomorrow at 3p EST or on Tuesday 3p EST?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully the scores will be posted tomorrow...but we are really at the mercy of AMCAS...which isn't a good thing :( At this point I just want to know what I got so I can move on and see if I need to go ahead and retake on the 18th like planned or if by some miracle I can cancel (which would be awesome!)

I'm not looking forward to my dreams tonight!

I remember being mad intimidated in the first few minutes of the WS section. The girl sitting next to me was clearly typing up a storm at an inhuman speed, and then I looked at the total of 2 sentences i have written...

haha me too, i read the question and was like uhhh...it took probably a good 5 minutes to brainstorm where i wanted to go with it, but after you get your momentum going it just seems to flow.
I left a few minutes at the end to proof read, and that was certainly a good idea lol

does anyone know around what time they usually release the score?? i'm hoping for 12:00am

I have come to the conclusion that if I have to retake (signed up for the July 10th just in case), I'll be boned.

I have ZERO motivation to study again, although I've forced myself to reread the princeton bio and I've done passages..but still I don't feel like I can get back to the level I was at, if not higher...

sigh...

so do they email us once the score's released? or do we have to check back on the mcat website at 3pm?

so do they email us once the score's released? or do we have to check back on the mcat website at 3pm?

pretty sure you just log into mcat thx and check, but i saw a pdf saying that the release date is july 1st at 5pm est, (it also said that the may 27th ppl, release was june 26th.) so maybe we'll have to wait until Tuesday... :-(

I can't go to sleep... again. i want my normal sleep pattern back! i really hope we don't have to wait till tuesday...

hahah i wish i had the option of going to sleep...oh how i envy thee. still studying for an exam at this ungodly hour. looking forward to that being over and mcat scores being releaseedd w00t

Not up yet...early I know...but I couldn't help myself! I need to get away from this computer today...:D I hope everyone's prepared for a long day!

Arghhghggh...we're not running any experiments in the lab today so I'm basically on the computer all day doing literature searches, meaning i can do basically whatever i want online, meaning i am basically stressed beyond belief and have already refreshed the score page several times :scared:

Arghhghggh...we're not running any experiments in the lab today so I'm basically on the computer all day doing literature searches, meaning i can do basically whatever i want online, meaning i am basically stressed beyond belief and have already refreshed the score page several times :scared:

I am in the same situation...at the lab, on the computer all day. I'm assuming we won't get the scores until tomorrow, but that won't keep me from nervously checking every so often (hopefully not too often....I may drive my self crazier)

Will this MCAT make our AMCAS submissions late? I plan to take maybe two more days after I get my MCAT to get a list of schools together and proof my app, so I'll probably submit on July 2nd.. Too late?

you can submit your app before your mcat score comes in and you can add more schools afterwards depending on your score. i turned in my app last week or so and my bf turned in his 2 weeks ago and neither of us have been verified. i dont think you are late... but at the same time you dont have to wait either.

Will this MCAT make our AMCAS submissions late? I plan to take maybe two more days after I get my MCAT to get a list of schools together and proof my app, so I'll probably submit on July 2nd.. Too late?

I am in the same situation...at the lab, on the computer all day. I'm assuming we won't get the scores until tomorrow, but that won't keep me from nervously checking every so often (hopefully not too often....I may drive my self crazier)

im in lab too but im doing experiments all day! the comp is so close... but soooo far :p

so would it be up at 3pm or 5pm if it were to be posted today? and do they normally post it a day earlier than they say?

so would it be up at 3pm or 5pm if it were to be posted today? and do they normally post it a day earlier than they say?

i took the january mcat and the scores were up a few days earlier than they said; the 5/23 mcat scores were posted 1 day early; the 5/27 mcat scores were posted as scheduled (6/26); ... so most likely to be 7/1 for our 5/31 mcat

It's 1:02...not up yet...I am just chillin' here at home waiting for these scores...hopefully we all get what we want! I have seriously been praying for above a 30 for the past 3 months! :D

5/27 here.... just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!! And i also wanted to give you all one thing of advice....

honestly, the BEST thing that I did the day the scores were coming back was I left the house, went to the gym, played some b ball and lifted weights, and completely forgot about the scores.... seriously it was the best 2 hours of that day. you dont have to go to the gym, but do whaever you love to do....go to the mall, go to the beach, whatever, but DO NOT sit here refreshing all day it will drive you insane! thats why i left to get it off my mind. the funny thing is that 5 minutes after i posted i was leaving to the gym the scores came out, HAHA. that was about 12:09 western time, so 3:09 eastern....

about 2 hours to go!!

as much as i know i shouldn't be checking this forum every few seconds...i just CANNOT HELP IT ><

i wish this day would be over soon...

Argh..I am too...this is easily more nerve-wracking than the actual test was

*stretch... just took looooong overdue nap :) anyway, so yesterday even my mom agreed that the long score release period was created to torture us premeds. she goes, 'they're messing with you guys" and i go, "yeahhhh... well, it's working..." lol

I've been wondering this... did fewer people take the May 31st test? Why has this thread been so slow? Coincidence?

I've been wondering this... did fewer people take the May 31st test? Why has this thread been so slow? Coincidence?

I don't think there are fewer people that took the test, I think its fewer smart asses that took the test which would hopefully create a good curve.

I'm not sure why this thread is slower than the others...I think it is kinda a good thing...but it has always been slow.

hmmm...synonyms...redonkulus...ok that's not really a word...perhaps...wasteful...

Stay positive... May 23rd test takers got theres at like 3:25 eastern... still have faith they will come out today

We will have to wait another day. It says so on the score release pdf on the AMCAS website...sigh. Bottle of crown is almost half empty.

it seems like they're being released after 30 days though, regardless of what the pdf says. still hope