The COMLEX Pass Rates and Scoring Average of Each School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The average has been reported as 94 percent for a few years now (dripped to 92 two cycles ago I believe, but that was one year) . I used to comment that the stats on SDN must be missing some poor performing schools. Now I wonder if some of the schools dont add 1 or 2 percent to the avg they tell the students... Since self report can't be fact checked. But thats all conjecture.

Members don't see this ad.

What was PCSOM's pass rate? I can't find much info about the school online:/

I emailed one of the deans at touro-ca, he said pass rate was 93% not 90%.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know LECOM-B's board average?

I think we were told it at some point (probably for the class of 2010, maybe 2011, but I think it was 2010), and I think it was around 550 give or take. Don't quote me on that though, because I was trying to remember so much other stuff (ugh, medical school) that I might be wrong...but I think it was somewhere in that ball park.

bump..im trying to find board scores by school but have failed. Has anyone else had more success?

This info is not mandated to be given out and NO school, MD or DO, seems to post it.

Posting pass rates for COMLEX are, at least, now mandated by COCA. My Class of 2017 is doing quite nicely, thank you. Our Dean will probably crow about it at the next AOA or AACOM meeting.

bump..im trying to find board scores by school but have failed. Has anyone else had more success?

Reactions: 1 user
Im an ACOM student. They wont release this data to us so I'm assuming the stats arent great.

Very few schools will report their average. What they will do is report their pass rate which ends up misleading since most DO students will pass. The average is more important, but will not be released by many schools.

Very few schools will report their average. What they will do is report their pass rate which ends up misleading since most DO students will pass. The average is more important, but will not be released by many schools.
what schools release averages? The ones that only release pass rates im assuming do that because their scores aren't that good.
VCOM releases
I saw CUSOM from an unofficial source

Any other schools?

what schools release averages? The ones that only release pass rates im assuming do that because their scores aren't that good.
VCOM releases

Any other schools?

All schools are required by COCA to release pass rates. They aren't required to release average scores. Most schools tell their students the average, but rarely publish it, which is why most sources are "unofficial".

I wouldn't trust what was "told" in an unofficial capacity either. An example of this would be schools that report an "average MCAT" but don't include linkage students and things like that. Maybe the number you're hearing is students taking it before August or 1st time test takers or some other "asterisk" average.

Reactions: 1 users
VCOM releases

Any other schools?
An acom student just above you said that they don't even know, so how would you?

Reactions: 1 user
Last time I checked OU-HCOM Class of 2017 had a 100% pass rate. Average was a 550.