The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC) MBS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my acceptance!! I'm so stoked! I've been checking my email compulsively since last Friday, even though my interview only happened on Thursday. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I called the admission office and spoke to really nice lady named Jillian, she had advised that they are still accepting applications and walked me through the process. So let's hope for the best! Congrats to those who are definitely attending this fall! :)

For the MBS program, if I have a 25 MCAT, 3.46 Cumulative GPA, and a 3.28 Science GPA. Would it really benefit me to enroll into this program? (already been accepted)

It really depends on what schools you wish to apply too. You would pretty much need to take the MCAT again, so the review course would be a huge plus for you. Also, you need to do really well in the program to pull up your science gpa. Say for instance you get a 4.0 in the program, depending on how many science classes you have taken in college, it will pull your science GPA from a 3.28 to a 3.45 at best, and that is pushing it probably unless you didn't take that many science courses. This science GPA would be very good for some schools, but not high enough for some.

Scenario 2, if you get say a 3.5 in the program, it won't pull your science GPA up very much at all. During my interviews, schools did seem to value the grad classes very much so in the interview. BUT, that was during the interview. Unfortunately, you have to get the interview before you can really talk about the program. SO, long story short, really try to evaluate how you think you will do in a very difficult science curriculum. If you think you can do it, go for it! (and take the princeton review course)

Don't go into the program as a "GPA booster" . These are typically the students in my opinion that didn't do well with our glass. You really have to bring it if you want to get a good GPA. BUT, you would be doing that anyway in med school It is a manageable curriculum if your willing

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the MBS class at TCMC for a job well done. You are almost finished completing your degree as you face finals in the coming week. Godspeed on the next journey of your life.

To conclude this thread................63 graduated minus a few dropouts for various reasons. VERY Small percentage of MBS students received admittance into their medical school program for 2015-2016. Can't confirm numbers but there were some acceptances to other MD schools and DO schools . Some MBS students in this class are taking a gap year to retake MCAT, shadow and apply to medical school for the 2015-2016 cycle. Good program, and a means to an end of fulfilling your goal in becoming a doctor! Just be aware...........................small percentage of MBS students get into their MD program. Just so many seats for such a small medical school!