You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The emptyness of my Friday Inbox
Started by Infinitydrop
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
To protest the lack of interview invites today, for the rest of the day I shall have gmail send all emails with addresses not ending in @med.....edu into the SPAM folder.
😡
you can do better
have gmail send your spam folder to addresses ending in @med....edu
you can do better
have gmail send your spam folder to addresses ending in @med....edu


Over the next few months I'll be compiling a list of such email addresses (hopefully not too many) to do just that come the end of May. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh! I really wanted one today... all the acceptances are making me nervous 😛
Sometimes the sound of silence can be so oppressive. Nothing again 👎
Today I turned on the email notification on my iphone and everytime I got one I checked immediately only to see that it was some BS mass mail from my employer. I think I will turn the notifications off, they are toying with my emotions and I just can't take it.
Today I turned on the email notification on my iphone and everytime I got one I checked immediately only to see that it was some BS mass mail from my employer. I think I will turn the notifications off, they are toying with my emotions and I just can't take it.
It's like ending the day with no chocolate from anyone on Valentine's day.
Or getting nothing for your birthday.
It's like ending the day with no chocolate from anyone on Valentine's day.
or rain on your wedding day?
or rain on your wedding day?
It did rain on my wedding day (outdoor wedding planned)....I freaked out for a day and a half (forecast) then I stepped up & bought umbrellas & made it work. I'm ok about it now.
The not-hearing-about-interviews is worse because it is a continual bleakness. Noe nd in sight! AGHGHHGG 😱
heh
Just wanted to wish everyone here good luck!
it's a brand new week.
it's a brand new week.
Just wanted to wish everyone here good luck!
it's a brand new week.
x2!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thought I would join the club... So far no interviews. But then again, I applied later.
I'm not expecting any interviews until Nov-Dec.
Hang in there guys!
I'm not expecting any interviews until Nov-Dec.
Hang in there guys!
x3! I want one!
Good luck everyone this week!! I received my first interview invite today, so keep the hope alive! 🙂
Congratulations!!!!
Thought I would join the club... So far no interviews. But then again, I applied later.
I'm not expecting any interviews until Nov-Dec.
Hang in there guys!
i'm in the same boat! hoping for interviews soon!! good luck to you!
I like this thread, it makes me feel better about myself haha. I have my first interview next week but no emails/calls from anyone else. At least no rejections yet. I'm pretty sure my inbox has been empty all day but who knows- I've only checked like 736748494 times 

Okay seriously the people with >0 interviews need to stop complaining!
Its making us 0 interview applicants feel a little bit :cry:....
Still no interviews...1 hold though. I actually feel better about that because at least someone has been reading my application.
Its making us 0 interview applicants feel a little bit :cry:....
Still no interviews...1 hold though. I actually feel better about that because at least someone has been reading my application.
Guys, I'm getting really scared, here. I applied to like 35 schools, and I've only gotten interviews at like 30 of them, and of those 30, only like 17 of them are top 20.
Should I just try again next year?
Should I just try again next year?
Guys, I'm getting really scared, here. I applied to like 35 schools, and I've only gotten interviews at like 30 of them, and of those 30, only like 17 of them are top 20.
Should I just try again next year?
30/35 interviews only? Dude, you totally fail, I would mos def try again next cycle.
Not to fuel anyone's anxiety or compulsive email-checking, but here's a graph showing when I heard things (interview invites, acceptances, and rejections) from med schools so far. On the X-axis, 1-5 is Monday-Friday. The correspondences have been pretty well spread out, though Thursdays seem to be a no-man's land.
And yes, I'm aware how obsessive I myself have become 🙂
And yes, I'm aware how obsessive I myself have become 🙂
And so another friday goes by. I stop hoping at 11.
Not to fuel anyone's anxiety or compulsive email-checking, but here's a graph showing when I heard things (interview invites, acceptances, and rejections) from med schools so far. On the X-axis, 1-5 is Monday-Friday. The correspondences have been pretty well spread out, though Thursdays seem to be a no-man's land.
And yes, I'm aware how obsessive I myself have become 🙂
![]()
Wow, so where did you get the data points? From SDN, your own experience, your friends, etc.?
Wow, so where did you get the data points? From SDN, your own experience, your friends, etc.?
My own experiences in this cycle thus far. I'm a visual person, so I keep track of these things in a big excel spreadsheet that serves as a timeline. Take a look if you're interested.
http://medschoolwilldo.wordpress.com/files/2009/10/screenshot-2.jpg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to fuel anyone's anxiety or compulsive email-checking, but here's a graph showing when I heard things (interview invites, acceptances, and rejections) from med schools so far. On the X-axis, 1-5 is Monday-Friday. The correspondences have been pretty well spread out, though Thursdays seem to be a no-man's land.
And yes, I'm aware how obsessive I myself have become 🙂
![]()
Wow, your neuroticism far exceeds my own. Nice graph 👍
Nice graph, however, sadly you don't seem to belong in this thread if that's charted from your own experience.
sigh. its friday again. no interview invites for a month now. i guess im totally passed by and its over 🙁
but you have 6 interviews according to mdapps! how is that over??
but you have 6 interviews according to mdapps! how is that over??
Exactly. No need for you to complain, Bannie. 👍
gah i hate sdn and i hate this thread
lol.
I need a drink.
All my secondaries were in by August, then I go 45 days without hearing a peep.
Get 2 rejections and a hold within a week, so i give up all hope. Stopped checking SDN, didn't check my email with gusto, and began to apply to grad school programs.
Then just 3 days ago, I get a small pool notification from RFU. Now I'm all hopeful again and back to checking my email and post like a madman. But its sooooo quiet. Why do you toy with me, O great adcom committees. I stopped caring and you draw me back into nervous anticipation. Why!!!!
Its going to be a long couple of weeks...
All my secondaries were in by August, then I go 45 days without hearing a peep.
Get 2 rejections and a hold within a week, so i give up all hope. Stopped checking SDN, didn't check my email with gusto, and began to apply to grad school programs.
Then just 3 days ago, I get a small pool notification from RFU. Now I'm all hopeful again and back to checking my email and post like a madman. But its sooooo quiet. Why do you toy with me, O great adcom committees. I stopped caring and you draw me back into nervous anticipation. Why!!!!
Its going to be a long couple of weeks...
Third friday in a roll, fail
hahah! our rule was that we still get to whine as long as we had 6 or under interviews. unfortunately, as of this week i have graduated from this thread... 🙁
but i think it shows that schools do turn around and look at the applicant again!!!
all the best guys
😛
and ppl with acceptances should really not be here either 😛
but i think it shows that schools do turn around and look at the applicant again!!!
all the best guys
😛
and ppl with acceptances should really not be here either 😛
Elmo get outta here. Ure already accepted!
Stop hating. Come back to 2014 thread, fool.
After finally hearing some news from schools, the Papa John's email that just snuggled it's way into my inbox isn't quite so infuriating.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After finally hearing some news from schools, the Papa John's email that just snuggled it's way into my inbox isn't quite so infuriating.
H1N1 alerts are toying with my emotions.
Another Friday down! Damn.H1N1 alerts are toying with my emotions.Another Friday down! Damn.
oh man.... I feel your pain. Other culprits = NEJM and Ohio State Sports Memorobilia emails...😴I woke up to a nice, big fat rejection in my Inbox. Great way to start a friday morning. October, as a whole, has pretty much sucked. Hopefully November won't follow suit.
H1N1 alerts are toying with my emotions.Another Friday down! Damn.
lol
For me, it's the Spam emails from the gym that I signed up for but never use... so whenever I see Gmail - Inbox (1) on the tab I freak out only to see yet another email from my gym. So now, not only am I disapointed it's not from a med shcool, but I'm also feeling guilty because I haven't actually made use of my gym membership yet. 👎
still nothing
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 572
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 617
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
.