-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The emptyness of my Friday Inbox
Started by Infinitydrop
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's Friday! Good luck everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I seem to get 1 interview invite at the end of each month ... this is depressingly slow and I have 3 long weeks to wait by that schedule. 😴
That means you just got one at the end of November. ^_^
That means you just got one at the end of November. ^_^
Yeeeees but now I have to wait sooooo long for the next one! 😛
You'll never believe how much emptiness is in my inbox right friggin now.
My friday mailbox was not empty.... got an application complete email from Tulane... yea they didnt even know my app was there and its been 2 and a 1/2 months. ****ing sweet
My friday mailbox was not empty.... got an application complete email from Tulane... yea they didnt even know my app was there and its been 2 and a 1/2 months. ****ing sweet
I got my complete notification from them 2 weeks ago, which was 2-3 months after I submitted my application too.
perhaps. but i would like to go to a medical school that sees me for who i am 🙂
in fact, being mistaken for a girl is happening more often now. hahaha its funny.😎
apparently rockaction wanted me to bring to the attention to all people
that you can get into med school with LONG HAIR!👍👍👍👍👍
please please please
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just thinking the same thing.
So when is it too late for interviews? I mean do people even get interview sent to them in Dec due to the holidays?
Anyways my inbox is also very lonely 🙁
Anyways my inbox is also very lonely 🙁
yep I got one this past monday 🙂 There is hope for a few more invites before the new year
My Friday inbox wasn't empty this morning.
I had a nice "Thanks, but no thanks" email from Cornell.
It's like almost better than silence in a way...at least that is one less school you have to worry about lol!OMG this is driving me insane!
It's like almost better than silence in a way...at least that is one less school you have to worry about lol!
OMG this is driving me insane!
True, true. I do appreciate that they had courtesy to actually let me know.
Bummer!My Friday inbox wasn't empty this morning.
I had a nice "Thanks, but no thanks" email from Cornell.
You will get in somewhere great...I can feel it...like in my bones!
My insides are slowly shriveling up. This obsessive inbox haunting is so unhealthy but what can we do...
Do you think it's too early to email/call and ask for a status update if I haven't heard back from them in months and the status website is pretty much useless? I'm only concerned because I know that sometimes administrations drop the ball and things could get forgotten or neglected.
Case in point: I didn't hear back from UC Davis after my primaries where they sent me the "Don't contact us, we'll contact you" email... and only realized that I'd been granted a secondary AFTER they'd closed all the files and contacted me at last saying that my file was closed due to incompletion of a secondary. what the??!
That one about gave me apoplexy. Spilled milk and all, I've come to terms with it since realistically I figure I wouldn't have gotten in with my stats but still!! I would've loved the chance to complete an application there, sigh...
Do you think it's too early to email/call and ask for a status update if I haven't heard back from them in months and the status website is pretty much useless? I'm only concerned because I know that sometimes administrations drop the ball and things could get forgotten or neglected.
Case in point: I didn't hear back from UC Davis after my primaries where they sent me the "Don't contact us, we'll contact you" email... and only realized that I'd been granted a secondary AFTER they'd closed all the files and contacted me at last saying that my file was closed due to incompletion of a secondary. what the??!
That one about gave me apoplexy. Spilled milk and all, I've come to terms with it since realistically I figure I wouldn't have gotten in with my stats but still!! I would've loved the chance to complete an application there, sigh...no more fretting allowed for you bannie-you are going to be a doctor!9 more schools to go. nothing since august. 🙁
Acceptedno more fretting allowed for you bannie-you are going to be a doctor!
Mercer University - "Tulane stole their thunder."
Combined PhD/MSTP: No
- Submitted: 8/7/2009
- Secondary Completed: 8/20/2009
- Interview Invite: 10/13/2009
- Interview Attended: 11/3/2009
- Waitlisted: No
- Accepted: 11/18/2009
- Rejected: No
View Mercer University >
Tulane University - "Loved it here. It is one of my top 3 and is my first acceptance-couldn't be more ecstatic if I tried..."
and you are going to be a doctor double😛
now...
back to fretting..
pls interview me and accept me you holy schools that have so far ignored me 😳
Haha. Yea I don't take my own advice well either.and you are going to be a doctor double😛
now...
back to fretting..
pls interview me and accept me you holy schools that have so far ignored me 😳
I am still fretting over the remaining two of my top three.What did you think of Emory bannie?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha. Yea I don't take my own advice well either.I am still fretting over the remaining two of my top three.
What did you think of Emory bannie?
I really liked Emory, but it seems that I missed out on my first batch... =/
I thought I had a good interview too. proved to me that its just sooo random!!!
Whats ur top 3?
Duke, Emory (ma hommmeee) and Tulane.I really liked Emory, but it seems that I missed out on my first batch... =/
I thought I had a good interview too. proved to me that its just sooo random!!!
Whats ur top 3?
My Friday inbox wasn't empty this morning.
I had a nice "Thanks, but no thanks" email from Cornell.
I love/hate any emails I get from med schools, because they stick out compared to like facebook emails, and my heart always stops for half a second before I realize it's nothing important like "Sorry for the bad weather on the interview day; want to schedule a 2nd look?" kinda stuff.

Duke, Emory (ma hommmeee) and Tulane.
All the best! Take Tulane and gimme the other two 😛
Yea. I had a dif frustration when I was waiting for an invite from my college-because I am still a student here and I also work in the hospital attached to the school....I get like 10000 emails from the school every day. Every time I saw the name my heart jumped....until I read the subject like as something like "Quarantined emails for such and such day"I love/hate any emails I get from med schools, because they stick out compared to like facebook emails, and my heart always stops for half a second before I realize it's nothing important like "Sorry for the bad weather on the interview day; want to schedule a 2nd look?" kinda stuff.
![]()
boo!
Well, my Friday inbox was empty again.
I think I'm changing the idea of this thread to "The emptiness of my inbox until January - if I'm lucky" to reflect my lack of optimism.
I think I'm changing the idea of this thread to "The emptiness of my inbox until January - if I'm lucky" to reflect my lack of optimism.
Woot woot! Guess what day of the week it is again...
As if on cue, my inbox remains empty. Empty, empty, empty...
Woot woot! Guess what day of the week it is again...
depressing last chance for any email news before 2 days of definite silence (or worse until after the new year) day?

I wish I had a dollar for every time I check my email in a given day...

This entire month, and most of last months has been empty for me.
Stupid med schools.
Stupid med schools.
i've unsubscribed from moveon.org, barackobama something or other, macy's, apple, and others...
JUST SO I STOP GETTING FALSE ALARMS!!

JUST SO I STOP GETTING FALSE ALARMS!!

i've unsubscribed from moveon.org, barackobama something or other, macy's, apple, and others...
JUST SO I STOP GETTING FALSE ALARMS!!
![]()
ha I should do the same...currently get daily emails from macys and express 😡
😴
I've yet to get anything good on Friday this cycle
I've yet to get anything good on Friday this cycle
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing since mid October.


Sob. Last business day before the schools go off for holidays.
🙁
So we are all hoping for Feb/March interview now huh? I'm assuming all Jan interviews came out in Dec....
I have heard that Feb/March interviews are interviews for wait list spots... how true is this?🙁🙁🙁
So we are all hoping for Feb/March interview now huh? I'm assuming all Jan interviews came out in Dec....
I have heard that Feb/March interviews are interviews for wait list spots... how true is this?🙁🙁🙁
🙁
So we are all hoping for Feb/March interview now huh? I'm assuming all Jan interviews came out in Dec....
I have heard that Feb/March interviews are interviews for wait list spots... how true is this?🙁🙁🙁
False.
Feb/March interviews are for next year's waitlist spots.

I have been conditioned friday=emptyness
Why does xmas AND new years have to be on a friday this year?
Why does xmas AND new years have to be on a friday this year?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 588
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 640
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K