1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

The Failing Medical Care System, and the Hopeless Slaves (physicians)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MoeDaMan, Jul 7, 2001.

1. MoeDaMan

MoeDaMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

"Given the crisis in medical care today with HMOs and insurance companies cutting important care, and making huge profits at the expense of the patients and physicians. What would you do to change the system and improve the healthcare system today?"

any serious or funny replies welcome :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's funny how this question has been asked so many times to med students, doctors, politicians, etc.... yet still the problem is yet to be solve....

There was a Time magazine published last year regarding such issues.... The cover title was "HMO Hell".... I had a copy of it, but gave it to a friend to read and learn from.... in the magazine it also discusses the different types of care out there (PPO, HMO, etc).... try and hunt for it if you're really interested in reading about it.... or you can wait for a new issue to come out of a different magazine....

It's an issue every year....

4. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

I read that over the past 20 years, medical technology like imaging and stuff has been responsible for half the 6% inflation-adjusted increase in medical costs. I think that if the government were to subsidize diagnostic equipment for hospitals and clinics, that might do some good. Of course, this idea has its flaws. Short of Hillarycare, I don't have a better idea.