The Failing Medical Care System, and the Hopeless Slaves (physicians)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoeDaMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Given the crisis in medical care today with HMOs and insurance companies cutting important care, and making huge profits at the expense of the patients and physicians. What would you do to change the system and improve the healthcare system today?"

any serious or funny replies welcome :D

Members don't see this ad.

It's funny how this question has been asked so many times to med students, doctors, politicians, etc.... yet still the problem is yet to be solve....

There was a Time magazine published last year regarding such issues.... The cover title was "HMO Hell".... I had a copy of it, but gave it to a friend to read and learn from.... in the magazine it also discusses the different types of care out there (PPO, HMO, etc).... try and hunt for it if you're really interested in reading about it.... or you can wait for a new issue to come out of a different magazine....

It's an issue every year....

I read that over the past 20 years, medical technology like imaging and stuff has been responsible for half the 6% inflation-adjusted increase in medical costs. I think that if the government were to subsidize diagnostic equipment for hospitals and clinics, that might do some good. Of course, this idea has its flaws. Short of Hillarycare, I don't have a better idea.