The first rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eb007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my first rejection. Just now. Via email. From BU. Is today d-day for a lot of schools? Now that the holidays are over, the adcoms are ready to roll up their sleeves and get the ball rolling with spring interviews and rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

BU seemed busy this morning - check the wall of shame thread. I don't know about other schools. Today seems like an odd choice to send out rejections.
Oh, and my deepest condolences. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.
I acknowledge and respect your accomplishments, and recognize that Boston University's inability to offer you an opportunity to complete the admissions process is a loss for Boston University. Please accept my best wishes for all your future endeavors. Or something.

desiredusername said:
BU seemed busy this morning - check the wall of shame thread. I don't know about other schools. Today seems like an odd choice to send out rejections.
Oh, and my deepest condolences. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.
I acknowledge and respect your accomplishments, and recognize that Boston University's inability to offer you an opportunity to complete the admissions process is a loss for Boston University. Please accept my best wishes for all your future endeavors. Or something.

Geez is BU booty, or what?! I got my rejection email and then 5 minutes later they sent the email that said my file was complete and under review and to await further notice. nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
wistarrat said:
Geez is BU booty, or what?! I got my rejection email and then 5 minutes later they sent the email that said my file was complete and under review and to await further notice. nice.

so what happened? did you call them up and tell them that they were idiot losers who didn't know what was going on?

i like that you all know the wording of the rejection letter so well. i was well above their average scores and such. it truly is their loss. jerks.

Well, if you're well above their averages you should be fine for other schools. It's only one rejection and I'm sure you applied to a grip of schools. You'll be ok. Besides, they get over 9K applications - I'm sure their admissions process is sometimes imprecise.

BU's nuts. I already withdrew and still got a rejection today :mad:

I was really counting on an interview from them because my uncle went there. Whatever. I didn't want to move to Boston anyway.

Does anyone know if other schools are opening their own cans of whoop ass today?

I can't believe they called me "the applicant who was turned away." What a bunch of bitches!