***The Indiana University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVKE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where are my Hoosiers at?

DDS CLASS of 2019
1,508 Applicants
106 Accepted
71/35 Residents/Nonresidents
57/49 Male/Female
3.62 GPA Overall Average
20.20 Average DAT AA

Good luck to all! I was first batch, the dates I had are listed below:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application "complete": 7/7
*wait 3-6 weeks*
Interview invite: 9/6
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A couple days ago I got a call from an Indianapolis number, my first thought? Maybe this is IU calling to offer me an interview invite. I answer the phone, "Hello.. This is the Indiana University School of Dentistry.............*dramatic pause* calling to remind you of your cleaning appointment on x date". I hate this waiting game! Hahah
 
I'm praying that week is nothing but good news, I only applied to 6 schools in surrounding states and they all mostly send around the same time 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application complete: 7/12

I had a hiccup with my LOR there was an electronic signature on one and it had to be a written signature. My professor got it fixed ASAP and my application was good to go the next day! I currently work at IUSD so if I hear anything ill keep everyone posted!
 
Hey guys!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application complete: 7/12

I had a hiccup with my LOR there was an electronic signature on one and it had to be a written signature. My professor got it fixed ASAP and my application was good to go the next day! I currently work at IUSD so if I hear anything ill keep everyone posted!

Let us know! What do you do for your work? I'm here right now for a cleaning hahah
 
Tuition is ~$70k for OOS/year. It it better than most private schools, and fairly average for public OOS cost. Indianapolis isn't a super expensive place to live (unless you decide to live downtown.... don't do that haha). All in all, I'd say I spend ~$80k/year with living and tuition. So, definitely not great, but could be much worse. I.e. Tufts, NYU, USC, etc...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the interview style?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ours was a few one on one interviews. I assume it will be the same, but I can't swear to that. It really is a fun day, and it is very laid back. Just be yourself (I know that is the most cliche thing to say, but it is so true), know your personal statement, know why IU is a good fit for you and why you're a good fit for IU, and know why you want to be a dentist. Make sure all your answers are genuine and not just you trying to tell everyone what you think they want to hear.
 
Ours was a few one on one interviews. I assume it will be the same, but I can't swear to that. It really is a fun day, and it is very laid back. Just be yourself (I know that is the most cliche thing to say, but it is so true), know your personal statement, know why IU is a good fit for you and why you're a good fit for IU, and know why you want to be a dentist. Make sure all your answers are genuine and not just you trying to tell everyone what you think they want to hear.

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I am trying to fill out supplemental online but I don't know what is External Application number? is that AADSAS ID?
 
Still waiting for gpa verification and do I have a chance if I apply late in September? Got my bachelor degree at Purdue.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I've called them multiple times over the last few weeks to check on updates and every time they said that about interview notifications (the waiting's been killing me haha).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So did they say they will begin sending out on the 20th or they won't send out any until after the 20th (or in other words it'll be sometime after the 20th)?
 
So did they say they will begin sending out on the 20th or they won't send out any until after the 20th (or in other words it'll be sometime after the 20th)?

They said in the past they start sending things out on the 20th. The 20th though is a Saturday this year so it makes me wonder if it will be a few days after the 20th until we hear something.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Status
Not open for further replies.