The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty sure bmb2 was removed so it's just flowers47.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
We were in the middle of one of the most important weeks of protest in US history, BMB posts a video that was relevant to the times we were living in, and gets banned.

Y'all just screwed the pooch, period.

No backtracking other than properly reinstating his original user name will suffice.

Twitter also removed the same content so apparently they have similar standards as well. And it wasn’t just the one video that got him banned.

Bought 100 NIO shares.. Let’s see if this gamble pays off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t matter. It’s a play money.. That’s why I buy cheap stocks because margin of profit is much higher

Cheap stocks? Nio could drop 50% over the next month or go up 50% over the next month

Some would say it's way too high

If you were to just sit in Nio for a year I'd say go for it otherwise I'd wait for a pullback

Don’t matter. It’s a play money.. That’s why I buy cheap stocks because margin of profit is much higher

You make such strange moves. Day trading CVS then buying NIO at its peak, and bashing TSLA the day before it went off the charts.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Me too poor for Tesla
I was waiting for it to hit 250 in March

Tesla's market cap just went up over 20 billion today.

And nothing even happened

Up ~28% since July 3

Earnings July 22 after closing

Tesla 2000? LOL

I would never touch the stock.

Why buy a down stock that doesn't have a bright future when you can buy companies that are actually growing.

This isn't like airlines or cruises where eventually things will go back to normal. Maybe it'll take years from now but at some point things will be better in those areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at it because the dividend was high, thinking I could sell calls on it also.

I probably wont do it, lol.

On to SQ.

Retail pharmacy stocks have gone nowhere but down since 2015. If they couldn't go up from 2015-2019 then I don't see how they can ever go up.

I'm a terrible investor though.

Anyone invest in ARKK or ARKW funds? Thinking of adding then in my tax deferred accounts.

Looked over these the other day after you mentioned it, solid gains!

You in on ARKW, ARKG, ARKQ, ARKF, ARKR, etc. too?

Is Tesla really going to go up another 10% today?

Tesla hit $1700 by opening.

Too late to open a relatively cheapo spread :(

Everyone's concern should be that the Russel 1000 is up 16% while the Russel 2000 is still down 13%

Poors don't care about the stock markets

Tesla just nosedived to even, now is your guys chance to get in

Ok guys and gals I sold my small position in Tesla this morning and I've been trying to figure out where I want to put the gains. I figured if I got enough interest I'd let you guys choose 10 stocks that I'll buy $1k worth each for a $10k portfolio.

If it performs well, I'll consider increasing the value.

If you want me to pick the stock, I'd like to see your reason why or I'll have to do my own research to decide.

No penny stocks and if your stock tanks, I'll ridicule you for the rest of the time I see you here.

If there isn't interest, I'll just scrap the whole thing and put the $10k in an index.

• Haha
Well sadly Tesla is my stock pick, although I think getting out and realizing those gains was smart.

My next picks are all boring. Netflix and Amazon would be my picks and at that point you might as well index.

Well sadly Tesla is my stock pick, although I think getting out and realizing those gains was smart.

My next picks are all boring. Netflix and Amazon would be my picks and at that point you might as well index.

Here I am trying to get some group bonding going and you won't give me your best stock that isn't already over $1k

What no interest @owlegrad and @mentos ?

Okay here are some. How long are you planning to keep these? These picks are assuming you hold until after the pandemic ends.

LYV - I'm surprised this hasn't tanked more but as soon as concerts come back this should soar right?

PLNT - more gyms are reopening and anyone can afford $10/mo. Though I'm not stepping foot in one for a couple years.

DNKN - cause every morning there's a line of cars all the way out to the street. People are addicted to their coffee.

JBLU - cause millennials love the snack bar

GTBIF - because marijuana

GILD - if a clinical trial shows remdesivir works then it will soar

CVS - this is good for day trading. Psyche!

• Haha
Okay here are some. How long are you planning to keep these? These picks are assuming you hold until after the pandemic ends.

LYV - I'm surprised this hasn't tanked more but as soon as concerts come back this should soar right?

PLNT - more gyms are reopening and anyone can afford $10/mo. Though I'm not stepping foot in one for a couple years.

DNKN - cause every morning there's a line of cars all the way out to the street. People are addicted to their coffee.

JBLU - cause millennials love the snack bar

GTBIF - because marijuana

GILD - if a clinical trial shows remdesivir works then it will soar

CVS - this is good for day trading. Psyche!
Can you pick one for now? I would like to do 10 stocks from 10 different people

I'll hold until end of year then come back and decide to continue.

BA - If you've got a long horizon. Air travel will continue post pandemic and Boeing has really taken it on the chin. It's a market with a high barrier for entry and high incentive for companies to give them repeat business (Southwest Air).

Now that you mention it, I'd rather pick a single stock... I just think ARKW is interesting.

Let's swap it for MELI @wagrxm2000

Last edited:
Ha, I bought when down 4%, so i am down like 3.5% already. I went small 15 shares of each.
You want in then? I promise I won't be too harsh on you if Square falls 40%.

Or you have another stock in mind?

Putting a vote in for FUN one of the beaten down stocks due to covid. Currently at about a 50% discount, from norm levels has a very solid dividend history aside from present. Once vaccine clears this stock will soar IMO. Still like CCL as well

Putting a vote in for FUN one of the beaten down stocks due to covid. Currently at about a 50% discount, from norm levels has a very solid dividend history aside from present. Once vaccine clears this stock will soar IMO. Still like CCL as well
SPAQ? Jumped after news of merger with Fisker.
Sorry guys both SPAQ and FUN have too low a market cap.

I also don't think it's time to buy cruises just yet. As long as there's interest I do plan on selling and buying different positions. I do like cruises for the long run if someone was to buy and hold. For now though, they could easily fall back to their lows.

I do want this to be a successful little portfolio.

Can you pick one for now? I would like to do 10 stocks from 10 different people

I'll hold until end of year then come back and decide to continue.

Well if it's only for 5 months then my pick would be TSLA.

T is a stock that I really enjoy having in my portfolio and it's low right now too.

How about Nio instead?

Ah a dividend play, I like it
T can hit it's 52 week low a year from now and you will still be up. It could also shoot up 20% once things recover and pay out the massive dividend on top of it all.

Not sure how soon you're buying but I would prefer LI (Li Auto) when it comes out.

Otherwise I'll go with GILD to diversify your picks.
I'm starting it when I get to ten people.

A.JP Morgan.....Wagrxm2000 (just to be in)
1. Nividia............Sine Cura
2. Boeing............Lane one
3. MercadoLibre PharmDBro
4. Square............Msweph
5. AT&T...............Redfish955

Feel free to switch until I get enough people to buy

Come on @owlegrad you know you have a stock in you.

@pezdispenser @WVUPharm2007 @mentos @Pharm.C. @Chrish @gwarm01 @ValeRx, any of you want in?

Oh and I know @Momus wants to give me an individual stock.

How about @BMBiology? Oh wait.....

I was up 380k on a sub penny stock and held too long, I dont play the stock market anymore.

I was up 380k on a sub penny stock and held too long, I dont play the stock market anymore.
Fair enough.

It's just $1k each, something fun to do to get this forum going since it's slowly dying

But I understand

Hmm I didn't take you as a Lululemon fan

I own one piece of their clothing line. I don’t even know where it is in my closet. But their brand is strong and appeals to just the right market segment (people who care about image and have more money then sense). I think they will be fine, especially as people get back to yoga class and whatnot.

Still looking for 3 more recommendations before I get this started
WMT. Their online grocery pickup is growing like crazy and counts as “online sales” in earnings report which is coming up in August.