The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pltr bought at 15.00 (interesting)
Work 25.68

Sq sold 191.43
Aapl sold 120.26

Great price for AAPL! I didn't realize tech stocks took a dive at the end of the day cause NIO held strong at 44.

Members don't see this ad.

1605012847282.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just about to post- considering it a buy?
I am not a fan. I don't see a competitive advantage. Other better stocks out there
I will admit WORK is making me a bit nervous. Thought it would have kicked the downtrend by now. I'm in personally and my average is the same as wagrxm roughly

Up to you, there's a lot of money moving between stocks right now it appears with only the DOW up premarket.

That must be a typo, definitely not the right p/e ratio

The reason I don't see millionaires from buying berkshire is look at the top holdings: Apple, Coke, BOA, American Express, Kraft.

You aren't going to see huge gains here.

Buffet did buy Snowflake in September

Last edited:
BABA on sale again.

Everything is on sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Market is selling all the stay at home internet stocks.

Market is selling all the stay at home internet stocks.

Yep I tried to warn people yesterday morning

Just be prepared when news flips on the vaccine.

Yep I tried to warn people yesterday morning

Just be prepared when news flips on the vaccine.

And the news will flip on the vaccine - how are we going to ship hundreds of millions of doses stored at -80*F and then store those on site? Outside of my old genetics lab I've never seen a -80* freezer.

And the news will flip on the vaccine - how are we going to ship hundreds of millions of doses stored at -80*F and then store those on site? Outside of my old genetics lab I've never seen a -80* freezer.
All retail pharmacies already bought their refrigerator. We are waiting on shipment.

It's just like flu season, except 2x madness coz pfizer/moderna MRNA vaccine is a 2 dose series. Maybe, I should take a month off in January... So I don't have to work.

I already got my vaccine through Vaxart, I felt nothing, no side effects. I'm gonna get 4 doses of covid vaccine. :lol:

Walgreens already sent out an email to find interest in pharmacists giving shots.

I don't see that as an issue, if it's approved, we'll have 50 million shots this year and over a billion ready by the end of next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought around 285 Thursday. Was watching all morning. Right after I bought it fell to 280 but wasn't enough to buy more.

Are you buying more? Singles day did nothing for the stock today.

I bought 1400 CBAT today at 3.50 - I figure it's a 6 month hold to see if their tabless battery is the gamechanger in China they're anticipating.
I sold 2400 AXGT at 4% profit to do it - I bought thinking their stock would rebound more than it did.

• Wow
FCEL and PLUG are taking off. Wish I had more money to invest.

I bought 1400 CBAT today at 3.50 - I figure it's a 6 month hold to see if their tabless battery is the gamechanger in China they're anticipating.
I sold 2400 AXGT at 4% profit to do it - I bought thinking their stock would rebound more than it did.

I lost a few hundred with CBAT haha. It was pumped and dumped.

• Care
I lost a few hundred with CBAT haha. It was pumped and dumped.

Ughhh fingers crossed if it gets pumped I'll have the crystal ball magic to time the dump

I remember now why I got out of speculating on individual stocks. I can’t take these wild swings lol

I've been at it for 10 days now - so far I'm having fun but I also haven't taken a bath on anything yet (at least not a bath that lasted).

We will see how long I last playing this game before I convert it all back to mutual funds.

Cases are getting worse by the day, I would really start being cautious if I was everyone.

I might stop the fund early and restart next year.

Also contemplating lowering my exposer even less then I already keep it

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody have any idea of what happens when you inherit the money? So let’s say you got $1 mil from from your parents, how does it get taxed?

I understand it would depend on a state/ county law but I am curious to know if someone has experienced this before..

Anybody have any idea of what happens when you inherit the money? So let’s say you got $1 mil from from your parents, how does it get taxed?

I understand it would depend on a state/ county law but I am curious to know if someone has experienced this before..

I think estate tax applies to amounts over 11 mil? I am not a tax lawyer nor is it likely to matter to me any time soon anyway.

I think estate tax applies to amounts over 11 mil? I am not a tax lawyer nor is it likely to matter to me any time soon anyway.

Yeah according to internet are 6 states with estate tax and there is no federal estate tax.

LMAO and people think they are being oppressed by the current situation by wearing masks. Muh normie rights

Anyone buying airbnb when it goes public?

Anyone buying airbnb when it goes public?

Seems like a terrible time for then to go public with cases rising.

Why is the market so bullish? Where is this correction that we've been due for?

up 71% on PLTR; anyone selling before earnings today?

Reactions: 1 users
Damn congrats.

For earnings, depending in how I feel about the stock, ill just hold (something I plan to own for years) something im more shaky on I may sell 10-15% for money to average down if it tanks.

If I plan to sell all of it I may cut half pre earning and sell the rest if it runs after.

May miss profits but also doesn't keep you fully stuck in a position.
Don't be forgetting about your stock pick if you sell.

Seems like a terrible time for then to go public with cases rising.

Why is the market so bullish? Where is this correction that we've been due for?

What's interesting about the market is we always look at the past to determine how overvalued we are.

What very much could happen is this is the new norm. 30 years from now a P/E of 30 could be the new 18. We've never had long term low interest rates since the 60s and that was temporary. This seems permanent.

up 71% on PLTR; anyone selling before earnings today?

Wow! I'm up 54% and thought I was doing good. My average is 10.35 but I only have 151 shares. PLTR has been trending top 5 on Yahoo finance. IMO, this is the next NIO. Will have a lot of institutions and FOMO buyers.

Wow! I'm up 54% and thought I was doing good. My average is 10.35 but I only have 151 shares. PLTR has been trending top 5 on Yahoo finance. IMO, this is the next NIO. Will have a lot of institutions and FOMO buyers.
there might be a pull back soon. That time will be buy buy buy :)
PLTR is my ticket to retire early lol

Last edited:
Another day, another all time high for NIO and PLTR!

Not gonna lie - I like that all of you are doing great on PLTR but secretly hoping for a pullback after earnings to sub $13 so I can liquidate some biotech and move in on it.

Not gonna lie - I like that all of you are doing great on PLTR but secretly hoping for a pullback after earnings to sub $13 so I can liquidate some biotech and move in on it.

Would love that too! My average is $10.35 :)

I do want to extend a huge thank you to everyone for recommending NIO - if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known they existed

NIO.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I do want to extend a huge thank you to everyone for recommending NIO - if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known they existed

View attachment 322940

Bought 25k of NIO based on strangers huh?

Bold move there glad it's working out.

NIO is up due to XPEV. They sold 3k cars in October.

Xpeng might be the better stock right now

Congrats! Your average is 36?

Yeah, as wagrxm2000 noted it took me a while to feel comfortable gambling $25k on the recommendations of strangers. I watched it shoot from 24 up and jumped in at 34 and doubled down around 38.

Bought 25k of NIO based on strangers huh?

Bold move there glad it's working out.

tenor.gif

(I did do research prior to blindly listening - it's actually why I didn't buy PLTR initially as I didn't feel I knew enough about the company and their products to feel comfortable jumping on it)

NIO is up due to XPEV. They sold 3k cars in October.

Xpeng might be the better stock right now

NIO earnings report is on 11/17, let's see!

Every EV is on steroids now. NIO, XPEV, LI, BYDDY, SOLO, KNDI, WKHS, FSK that's all I can think of.

I'm thinking of entering PLUG.

Last edited: