The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Sold Tesla and started a new half position today in Huya. Plan on buying up to two more times on further dips with a hold period until it hits $30.

This is not a recommendation

It may not be the gains everyone wants but huya is up 30% ytd. Slowly getting up to $30.

New idea for an ETF:

Buy the entire weighted stock market, but sell individual stocks as they go parabolic when r/WallStreetBets pump and dumps a stock.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok one month in the books. It was an interesting month. At one point the fund was up 10%.

@wagrxm2000 PYPL -$14.60
@Sine Cura PCG -$84.00
@redfish955 DBX +$31.97
@owlegrad JBLU -$21.08
@mentos NNDM +$246.45 and GEVO +$87.00
@PharmDminus CCL -$136.63
@WVUPharm2007 TM -$90.00
@Momus BABA +$109.32
@MatCauthon BCRX +136.68
@StockPharmD2020 OPEN +$42.40 and IPOE +$144.45
@thumbz FSR -$12.24
@footfairy NET +$36.33
@lapharmacienne WFC -$13.86
@PharmDBro2017 MELI +$88.52
@rxdawg21 BEAM +$177.48
@student089 VLDR -$61.71

Sold:
Upwork: $127.94
Sangamo: $6.39
Vanguard Materials: $52.72

Current Total: $17,853.97
Starting Total: $17,000.00

Cash on hand $461.01

Gains:
SDN fund: +5.02%
S&P500: -1.11%
DOW: -2.04%
NASDAQ: +1.42%

Overall not to shabby. Could have been way higher if WSB didn't screw up the market.

As always you may hold your position or trade whenever you want. Its hard for me to see posts though in the middle of the day.

Ok one month in the books. It was an interesting month. At one point the fund was up 10%.

@wagrxm2000 PYPL -$14.60
@Sine Cura PCG -$84.00
@redfish955 DBX +$31.97
@owlegrad JBLU -$21.08
@WVUPharm2007 TM -$90.00
@Momus BABA +$109.32
@MatCauthon BCRX +136.68
@thumbz FSR -$12.24
@footfairy NET +$36.33
@rxdawg21 BEAM +$177.48
@student089 VLDR -$61.71

Sold:

Cash on hand $461.01

Gains:

Overall not to shabby. Could have been way higher if WSB didn't screw up the market.

As always you may hold your position or trade whenever you want. Its hard for me to see posts though in the middle of the day.
Noice 1st place

You and mentos combined have pretty much prevented the fund from being in the negative.

Looks like it would still be positive without us. Next two weeks will be ugly though. I might cash out my taxable again.

Last edited:
Imagine if the wkhs trade has gone thru!

Yeah, its going to be hard to make a trade during the day
Looks like it would still be positive without us. Next two weeks will be ugly though. I might cash out my taxable again.
I'll be buying some favorites if we continue to dip.

Members don't see this ad :)
ENG is my pick for big runner in 2021. 5 to 10x potential

@MatCauthon thoughts on bcrx? Do you have an exit price?
For the public record, I am personally diamond hands for BCRX and don't plan on selling this year as this is a multi year prospect.

That said, for your fund why don't you take out half with limit sell order if it hits 20 and let the rest ride. If we take out half does that mean you can reinvest it elsewhere?

For the public record, I am personally diamond hands for BCRX and don't plan on selling this year as this is a multi year prospect.

That said, for your fund why don't you take out half with limit sell order if it hits 20 and let the rest ride. If we take out half does that mean you can reinvest it elsewhere?
Yep, I give complete control after big gains so if it does ever hit $20 you can choose any stock you want.

Gotta reward those that make me money.

I assume by your post, ENG would be your pick?

Yep, I give complete control after big gains so if it does ever hit $20 you can choose any stock you want.

Gotta reward those that make me money.

I assume by your post, ENG would be your pick?
Nice. Eng was my real #1 pick but it did not meet your eligibility criteria so I picked BCRX. ENG already had a 300% plus run from when I made that post. too bad that couldnt have been in your fund. :) so I would not pick eng at this time as it probably needs to cool off a bit. But I was able to enjoy some great eng profits in my personal account. I did take out 2/3 of that now and running the last 1/3 for longterm. may add some back if I can get a huge dip

Nice. Eng was my real #1 pick but it did not meet your eligibility criteria so I picked BCRX. ENG already had a 300% plus run from when I made that post. too bad that couldnt have been in your fund. :) so I would not pick eng at this time as it probably needs to cool off a bit. But I was able to enjoy some great eng profits in my personal account. I did take out 2/3 of that now and running the last 1/3 for longterm. may add some back if I can get a huge dip

I've been contemplating lifting the criteria at some point but my fear is people not paying attention and making the right moves so I've stuck with the reward system.

Started at 11k last July, we'll see if this fund ever makes it to 100k

What happen to CVS 401K

Large Cap Core Fund​

It seems like they changed?
It's now:Month-end ten largest holdings

Month-end ten largest holdings
(100.0% of total net assets)
as of 12/31/2020)​

1Columbia Focused Large Cap Value Strategy
2T.Rowe Price US Large Cap Core Growth Equity Strategy
3Wellington Disciplined US Equity
4BHMS Diversified Large Cap Value
5MFS Growth Equity

as of 12/31/2020)

I'm trying to find their individual top 10 holdings..but no luck

What happen to CVS 401K

Large Cap Core Fund​

as of 12/31/2020)​

5MFS Growth Equity

as of 12/31/2020)

Just look up their holdings.

So Columbia Focused Large Cap Value Strategy: 3.3% both comcast and J&J, 3.1% berkshire, 2.3% walmart, 2.2% medtronic and at&t, 2% home depot and Citi

Do that for each

@wagrxm2000 PYPL -$14.60
@Sine Cura PCG -$84.00
@redfish955 DBX +$31.97
@owlegrad JBLU -$21.08
@WVUPharm2007 TM -$90.00
@Momus BABA +$109.32
@MatCauthon BCRX +136.68
@thumbz FSR -$12.24
@footfairy NET +$36.33
@rxdawg21 BEAM +$177.48
@student089 VLDR -$61.71

Sold:

Cash on hand $461.01

Gains:

Bought FUTU on the dip with the cash left over. 4 shares @106.36.

Will see where it goes. Might average up if it runs or sell for a small gain.

What happen to CVS 401K

Large Cap Core Fund​

(100.0% of total net assets) as of 12/31/2020)​

5MFS Growth Equity

(100.0% of total net assets) as of 12/31/2020)

Those are all the holdings. From the prospectus:

Investment objective
This fund seeks long-term capital appreciation in excess of the Russell 1000® Index over a full market cycle primarily through investments in a diverse portfolio of large market capitalization U.S. stocks.

Investment strategy
The multi-manager approach brings diversification to the Fund and helps protect it from single-manager risk. The fund is sub-advised by complementary asset managers that select stocks as follows:

Columbia Threadneedle (25%) – Seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in a concentrated portfolio of value stocks and invests in underappreciated companies that show accelerating earnings growth that have potential catalysts to drive earnings forward.

T. Rowe Price (25%) – Invests in blue chip companies that are market leaders in the irrespective industry with strong management teams, solid financial fundamentals, strong earnings growth and increasing operating cash flow within industries where there is a positive outlook.

Barrow Hanley (15%) – The strategy is implemented by constructing portfolios of individual stocks, selected on a bottom-up basis, reflecting all three value characteristics: a price/earnings and price/book below the market and a dividend yield above the market.

MFS (15%) - Seeks to invest in companies where rate and duration of growth is being underestimated by the market over the long-term. The manager integrates rigorous risk management analysis in seeking to ensure that fundamental, bottom-up stock selection drives alpha.

Wellington (20%) – Seeks to maximize risk-adjusted total return and to outperform the S&P 500 Index over a market cycle by investing in companies with improving quality and attractive fundamentals. The manager utilizes a disciplined valuation framework that has the potential to lead to more predictable and consistent excess returns.

This fund's inception date was literally days ago (2/2/2021). Expense ratio 0.33%

@wagrxm2000 PYPL -$14.60
@Sine Cura PCG -$84.00
@redfish955 DBX +$31.97
@owlegrad JBLU -$21.08
@WVUPharm2007 TM -$90.00
@Momus BABA +$109.32
@MatCauthon BCRX +136.68
@thumbz FSR -$12.24
@footfairy NET +$36.33
@rxdawg21 BEAM +$177.48
@student089 VLDR -$61.71

Sold:

Cash on hand $461.01

Gains:

For those not on the discord page.

Beam was sold in the fund for about $480 gain and $400 worth of stpk and bft were bought

Looking for an invite as well please

If open, I’m interested in the discord chat as well. Seems like I’m always a few days late on buying. Just starting to do more trading and use vanguard (for mutual funds) but am looking for a better site for more frequent trades. Fidelity? Ameritrade? What do most people use around here?

If open, I’m interested in the discord chat as well. Seems like I’m always a few days late on buying. Just starting to do more trading and use vanguard (for mutual funds) but am looking for a better site for more frequent trades. Fidelity? Ameritrade? What do most people use around here?

I abandoned Vanguard for Fidelity once I started trading and I like it. It isn't the best out there but it isn't bad. If you want to trade options I would look elsewhere - they charge a $0.65/contract fee which adds up pretty quick, where as other brokerages are apparently entirely free.

I abandoned Vanguard for Fidelity once I started trading and I like it. It isn't the best out there but it isn't bad. If you want to trade options I would look elsewhere - they charge a $0.65/contract fee which adds up pretty quick, where as other brokerages are apparently entirely free.
Fidelity is good. I have Vanguard for long term stuff. Fidelity for day trading...

Now I am looking for a company where I can do OTC (sub-penny stock) trading...

Fidelity is good. I have Vanguard for long term stuff. Fidelity for day trading...

Now I am looking for a company where I can do OTC (sub-penny stock) trading...

I use Schwab for OTCs.

Also we're all in the discord now.

Last edited:
hi i'm back! my charts are saying sell-off coming. finally! good luck

charts matter more than policy or economic data or financial support or w/e fundamentals you worship. otherwise how would i have nailed this before most other analysts
So this is the sell off now?

Great so I am calling a sharp recovery soon after the sell off is over.

Making vague statements that are bound to be correct is fun!

So this is the sell off now?

Great so I am calling a sharp recovery soon after the sell off is over.

Making vague statements that are bound to be correct is fun!

there's a major difference between calling a sell off to the exact date when it begins, and determining that a sharp recovery will occur at some point in the future in the stock market

Sell off despite stimulus right around the corner?

where's your stimulus now doctor?

Last edited:
hi i'm back! my charts are saying sell-off coming. finally! good luck

Damn I wish you were in the discord so I could have seen this! I lost like 12k these past two days.

My net worth is finally out of the red, LFG! Not exactly sure where it was when I graduated but probably around -260k - 270k. Graduated 2017, started working Feb 2018.

NetworthOutOfRed.png

Reactions: 9 users