The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i don't have the final screenshot but i happened to take a few random screenshots on my way to turning a 7k trade into 300k. reverse google search the image all you want. you won't find it

I love this guy! Gm falcon - just a heads up - you come across as a total jacka$$ over the internet.

But that’s okay! Let’s get this thread on track and let’s start coming up with ideas. If your as good as those screenshots say you are - your cool in my book…. Alright here is mine:

- DRV is the ticker. It’s an inverse 3x leveraged bear short on the housing market as a whole (or about as close to you get). I put 30k into that a few weeks ago and I’m up 30% currently. I’m going to hold this until what I think may hit somewhere around 70%-200% increase sometime over the next year. But please know this is a short position and if your up you should sell as these never stay up. But I do feel strongly in a significant bear market in the housing market is coming.

Hit me with your best suggestion…. I’m all ears bro. I’ll even do the big numbers screen shot stuff like they do over at WSB…. If your not bonkers I’ll probably even buy.

So you got a tip for us or are you just measuring dick here?

Also - what do you think of this Hycroft mine thing? Are you in that? I bought 25k shares of Hycroft mine at 82 cents a piece. I’m just going to let that stay for about 3 years as they have a very interesting strategic initiatives/plan.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saying landlords build is like saying grocery stores farm. It’s just not accurate with how language is used. It’s more accurate to say that pharmacies manufacture meds than it is to say landlords build houses.

If you get rid of landlords…where are people going to live?
Then the house would still be there.

Chairman Mao realized this and killed them all. Landlords serve no real purpose other than to be a middleman between the original builder and the end occupant.

Which is what should be done in the US, obviously.

Last edited:
What is your suggestion then on providing housing for people who need or want to rent? Why not get rid of landlords if they don’t provide value?

Oh, I just checked. It is now $600 k per unit LA is building for the homeless:

Some people are just envious because people like me have made a boatload of money for the last 10 years. But what they don’t get is…real estate is a leveraged game. I need to get a mortgage and be responsible for the risk I am taking. I can make a lot of money but I can also lose a lot of money.
This post sounds defensive. All I said was that landlords do not build. Are you so insecure you can’t even admit that to yourself?

Let's get this thread back to investing... less of the drama.

Bought VOO, SCHD, VZ, CSCO early this AM. Anyone else buying? Blood in the streets = me getting greedy.

Also been thoroughly enjoying Rocket Money app (previously known as TrueBill). Free premium user to those who have Rocket Mortgage. Beats personalcapital and mint imo. They negotiated two bills for me & saved me $500 this year, took me 30 seconds.

Reactions: 1 user
Your genuine concern for the people of Ukraine is touching. I am not sure I can connect the dots of how it is us sacrificing the Ukrainians but your concern is still touching.

Elon musk gets attacked for calling for a peace deal.
View attachment 360270

Apparently sacrificing the good people of Ukraine to weaken Russia is our only option.

Musk gets his news and opinions from Tucker Carlson, just like BM.

The "referendum" was literally done at gunpoint. There was already a free and fair referendum:

Also, Crimea is the homeland of the Tatars, not ethnic Russians. Musk generally has no idea WTF he is talking about in areas in which he has no expertise in, yet he genuinely thinks he knows everything. I refer you to his idiotic tweets during the pandemic concerning hydroxychloroquine.

And Musk's "assured outcome" definitely isn't the case.

And the Ukranians aren't going to stop no matter what the rest of the world wants. They are asking for weapons. They are asking for help. People are taking away their autonomy and pretending that they are in this war because of the US and NATO. There are two outcomes here. The genocide of Ukrainians or the defeat of Russia. Look at what happens at every town the Russians occupy. Torture, rape, murder. Genocide. If the free world stop supporting them, they will be tortured, murdered, and raped. It's mind blowing how ****ing stupid the argument is. And I don't understand why people seems to be falling for the gigantic leap of logic that it takes.

Also, Musk deleted the tweet when he realized that he was getting dunked on by the entire free world over it. Because, again, it's an idiotic opinion.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This is what happens when you weaponize the dollar for this stupid war that shouldn’t have been fought in the first place. Feels like you are winning yet?

I wonder what are the consequences when the dollar is no longer the world reserve currency? Any ideas?

I told you Biden is incompetent. This guy has been wrong for 40 years.

View attachment 360277

Are gold bugs saying to buy gold? I don't believe it.

Did you buy? It's up 17% since you posted. This thread is a reverse indicator.
I did not. I find myself timing the market these days. I could have dumped 7-8k into Shopify and would have had a nice profit in less than 1 wk.

Last edited:
You better talk to Biden. According to reports, Biden won’t do anything if Russia nukes Ukraine besides providing Ukraine with more conventional weapons. He won’t attack Russia directly or provide any US troops because he doesn’t want a nuclear WW3 with Russia and rightfully so.

How is this a winning strategy for Ukraine? How do you expect Ukraine to go against Russian nukes?

No more this fantasy talk. It is a losing strategy for Ukraine unless your only goal is to weaken Russia at the expense of Ukrainians and you want to turn Ukraine into a nuclear wasteland.
Biden doesn't get to choose what the Ukrainians want to do in the first place, my man. Again, you are working under the assumption that they have no autonomy in all of this.

Of course he won't, he's a politician and wants to get reelected. He probably sees it as too much of a risk politically. I assume, anyway.
He might use NATO as cover...

People are just tired of Putin antics.

this is a depression in the works. you heard it here first!

my sources: my charts

Last edited:
Biden is no grand strategist. He goes from one failed plan after another.

First Biden called MDS a pariah then when oil price spiked, he had to beg the Saudis for more oil.

Today OPEC+ is cutting 2m barrels per day.

Strategic Petroleum Reserve down big time so we can keep oil prices down.

You think this is a good time to deplete our oil reserve? View attachment 360337

So we’re back to the 70’s with stagflation and long gas lines?

Last edited:
Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I thought Biden said he would while he was running for President? I remember SNDL and all those stupid weed stocks pumping two years ago.

Remember when NIO was over $60?

I love this guy! Gm falcon - just a heads up - you come across as a total jacka$$ over the internet.

But that’s okay! Let’s get this thread on track and let’s start coming up with ideas. If your as good as those screenshots say you are - your cool in my book…. Alright here is mine:

- DRV is the ticker. It’s an inverse 3x leveraged bear short on the housing market as a whole (or about as close to you get). I put 30k into that a few weeks ago and I’m up 30% currently. I’m going to hold this until what I think may hit somewhere around 70%-200% increase sometime over the next year. But please know this is a short position and if your up you should sell as these never stay up. But I do feel strongly in a significant bear market in the housing market is coming.

Hit me with your best suggestion…. I’m all ears bro. I’ll even do the big numbers screen shot stuff like they do over at WSB…. If your not bonkers I’ll probably even buy.

So you got a tip for us or are you just measuring dick here?

Also - what do you think of this Hycroft mine thing? Are you in that? I bought 25k shares of Hycroft mine at 82 cents a piece. I’m just going to let that stay for about 3 years as they have a very interesting strategic initiatives/plan.

Anyone else partaking in some sweet real estate bear market bliss?

Ticker is DRV - I’m up 60% on 30k and still holding. I’m figuring this will hit somewhere around 150%.

• Haha
it's not yet time, but we're heading for an economic depression

You talk a good game dude - your all hot air..

Give me a ticker. I don’t need your anonymous internet doomsday prophecy. I gave you 30% this week, you gave me a bunch of, “trust me bro” with no real recommendations.

You talk a good game dude - your all hot air..

Give me a ticker. I don’t need your anonymous internet doomsday prophecy. I gave you 30% this week, you gave me a bunch of, “trust me bro” with no real recommendations.

i have nothing else to say right now. let's wait

i have nothing else to say right now. let's wait

Alright well - while your pouting on the bench-warming section, I’m going to be out there on the dance floor busting a move to, “Stayin’ alive”. This whole DRV thing has me all warm and fuzzy (hint: I don’t think it’s over yet but you do you).

Don’t get too grumpy over there…

CVS stock tanked 10% after Medicare lowered its rating. The rating is based on customer survey.

CVS always over promise and under deliver.

How ironic! Remember those stupid customer care surveys that determined the store's score and bonuses!

Should we be shorting then?

everyone has their own style of trading, but if i could offer you a one-size-fits-all trade: go ask KCAB the Bull for his best long idea, then short the hell out of it

Last edited:
  • Haha
You would have made a lot more money if you had simply buy the S&P 500 and a house. You tried to time the market and this is the result.

It is all talk like usual…can’t even post what you are betting. You are going to disappear again like a fart in the wind like the last time.

Housing in Southern California has gone up 50% in last 5 years. Rent has also gone up that much. You are telling us you know how to time the market? Give me a break

yea but could you give us your best long idea

If you read thread, you would know I have been bearish for a while. I don’t see the market going up until the Fed reverses course.

Look at this guy. This was posted at the start of the pandemic. He made dire predictions about real estate . Instead it has gone up 30-40% since then.

How did you get it so wrong? How is renting working out for you? View attachment 360462

every one of those points looks to be on track. the next 10 years would be to 2030 if that was an arithmetic challenge to you. mcdonald's workers will almost be halfway caught up to you in terms of wages once CA passes their food workers bill. your 401k is on pace to get cut in half (most stocks are below their pre-pandemic peak), and home prices dropping are just getting started. the prophecy is on track and it's only 2022

Last edited:
People can search your posts. You have been saying the same dire crap about housing for years now. Instead the opposite happened.

Now you are paying record rent. Hope you didn’t have to move into your parents’ house.

funny how that inflation/interest rate call in 2020 was 2 years before one of the fastest interest rate increases and the biggest inflation readings in decades

no one on Wall Street or sdn saw it coming, save for babybull

Last edited:
yea but could you give us your best long idea

I have been asking you for a ticket since you showed up here. I’m up 65% on DRV since I bought and up 35% since I told you about it…. I will sell it at a 100% return (30k gain) or I will dump it if I sense panic… My stop loss is at 45% gain and will sell if it drops that much from its current run.

It’s your turn…. What’s your best long idea? Or short - I really don’t care…

You say things that end up being completely wrong. If people listened to you then they wouldn’t have bought a house in 2017. Now that housing is down 0.7% from the previous month even tho it has gone up 50%….you claim victory.

Your “predictions” are not actionable. Over a long period of time, every “prediction” ends up being right. Unless you also get the timing right then it doesn’t mean jack.

This is why many of us here are multimillionaire with a nice home. We leave the wild predictions to the clueless degenerate gamblers.

BM you are a little enamored with your own predictions too…. Let’s be honest.

This is like the ultimate example of the pot calling the kettle black.

• Love
S&P 500 checked

Real estate checked

NIO when it was $5 checked

Recent:

Bearish market until Fed reversed course checked

Don’t buy European stocks checked

Unlike some here..I play with just < 10% of my NW. Now that I have more money, I can gamble a little more but the vast majority of my investment is in real estate and index funds.

checkmated you mean. since you say you're a multimillionaire, extrapolation has it that you're down one million bucks in less than a year.

5 million x 20% drawdown in assets = about one million. you're on pace to being a multimillion dollar loser since this is just getting started LOL