rugtrousers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So I'm one of those people who have made it through undergrad and med school without being engaged or married (the why is for a different thread) and am trying to figure out which places to rank given my single status. Is anyone else in the same boat? I would love to rank certain programs highly, but they are (1) small programs or (2) in small places, so I worry.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
level at FL210
Status (Visible)
rugtrousers said:
So I'm one of those people who have made it through undergrad and med school without being engaged or married (the why is for a different thread) and am trying to figure out which places to rank given my single status. Is anyone else in the same boat? I would love to rank certain programs highly, but they are (1) small programs or (2) in small places, so I worry.

Miami beach is one of the funnest, hippest places I've been, full of beautiful people.

So is La Jolla California.

jc237

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Status (Visible)
rugtrousers said:

I guess any program in NYC or Boston will have tons of singles. Boston especially, since they have dozens of colleges/universities within a pretty small area.

About the Ads

blocks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
rugtrousers said:

UCLA

usnavdoc

15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
rugtrousers said:

I can tell you this. I dont know what programs or areas of the country you are looking at but beep the social setting high on your list when you are ranking programs. I took a navy scholarship for med school and have been stationed in a very country out of the way setting for the last 4 years, and couldnt be more miserable.

I am counting the days until I get out and move on to residency in a much better locaton.

MAC Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
Check out Northwestern, Emory, UVA, and any Boston program. I really enjoyed the time I spent in those cities during the interview trail. There are plenty of singles there. The only place I can tell you to avoid for sure is Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I really like the Wake Forest program, but it's just not the best scene for singles.

aredoubleyou

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
Heard that Colorado is now the fittest state (the least obese) - maybe Denver's the place to be now.

vecuronium

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
Being in the same boat, I'd say go to a city.

It's a number game, and there're just more people in the city, ya know?

rugtrousers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
vecuronium said:
Being in the same boat, I'd say go to a city.

It's a number game, and there're just more people in the city, ya know?

Thanks, everybody! Will keep your advice in mind on the interview trail.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.