The match and rolling admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dackmonkey

i guess i'm floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

this is likely a dumb question, but is the match in any way run in a rolling admissions fashion? that is, if one were to apply immediately once application is open, does it improve their chances compared to an applicant that applies immediately before the deadline? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys,

this is likely a dumb question, but is the match in any way run in a rolling admissions fashion? that is, if one were to apply immediately once application is open, does it improve their chances compared to an applicant that applies immediately before the deadline? thanks.

As I recall MOST programs reviewed applications at the same time. Usually right after their deadline passed.

This was annoying because you'd call to see if your application was complete and they'd say to call back after the deadline had passed.

^ What he said, it seems like most programs reviewed after the deadline passed. I remember reading anecdotes on here about some programs extending interview invites before the deadline, however, so it definitely won't hurt to have them in. You don't have to have everything submitted the day the applications open by any means.

I'm guessing you're aware that the match is the absolute antithesis of rolling admissions, and are just asking about the impact of submitting your application early.

^ What he said, it seems like most programs reviewed after the deadline passed. I remember reading anecdotes on here about some programs extending interview invites before the deadline, however, so it definitely won't hurt to have them in. You don't have to have everything submitted the day the applications open by any means.

I'm guessing you're aware that the match is the absolute antithesis of rolling admissions, and are just asking about the impact of submitting your application early.

exactly. thanks for the input guys.