the mcat bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bomikepa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for you bio journal readers and masters of science process

how do you recommend i approach the bio section these days with its numerous experiments on rats and various other tiny creatures...

i really dont know how to read a passage that talks about RB42 and its component Z42IYA changing the ecodynamics of magenticbiology.....

my mind blows up and freaks out! :scared:

help!!!! :cry:

Members don't see this ad.

I was just about to start a thread similar to this one. I will be retaking the mcat this summer, after preparing with the kaplan course last time. I felt like it was very heavily weighted toward genetics/ experiments and I don't really know how to study for it. The prep books don't seem to have the same sort of practice passages available.

I was just about to start a thread similar to this one. I will be retaking the mcat this summer, after preparing with the kaplan course last time. I felt like it was very heavily weighted toward genetics/ experiments and I don't really know how to study for it. The prep books don't seem to have the same sort of practice passages available.

none of the prep companies have anything that prepare you for this kaplan sort of comes close with its bs section tests ....thats why i am asking here for those who have done well....

i have asked before and many say reading journals wont help....so idk what to do.

none of the prep companies have anything that prepare you for this kaplan sort of comes close with its bs section tests ....thats why i am asking here for those who have done well....

i have asked before and many say reading journals wont help....so idk what to do.

The TPR-H Science Workbook has tons of experimental biology passages that supposedly mirror those of the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
The TPR-H Science Workbook has tons of experimental biology passages that supposedly mirror those of the MCAT.

i have seen those too and tpr online and the ICC....some work okay but not that close to what you see on the test ..maybe i am missing something. Someone care to highlight which passages specifically?

A lot of the br passages in the genetics chapter are experimental. Same in the immunology chapter I think.

I feel fairly confident with my Organic, Gen Chem and the portions of physics I have studied so far. Bio is killing me though. I feel as if they could create an entire MCAT with just Bio information, there is so much.

I'm much better with the hormones and physiology, but genetics and glycolysis still kick my butt.

I feel fairly confident with my Organic, Gen Chem and the portions of physics I have studied so far. Bio is killing me though. I feel as if they could create an entire MCAT with just Bio information, there is so much.

I'm much better with the hormones and physiology, but genetics and glycolysis still kick my butt.

yea im trying to figure it out so we can also help each other here... i know there are some masters at these passages.....

man...I hear that. No matter how many times I go over metabolism and genetics I still get my butt kicked on those passages. Everything is just so tinnnnyyyy lol

for you bio journal readers and masters of science process

how do you recommend i approach the bio section these days with its numerous experiments on rats and various other tiny creatures...

i really dont know how to read a passage that talks about RB42 and its component Z42IYA changing the ecodynamics of magenticbiology.....

my mind blows up and freaks out! :scared:

help!!!! :cry:

I've been destroyed by the MCAT bio and I was a bio major:rolleyes:.

Anywho, I just took a look at my TBR bio books, and from what I can tell,

Book 2 ch 6-10 passages are weak and not representative of new MCAT style.

Book 1 ch 1-5 with the A&P, has really good passages with lots of graphs, charts, and experiments. Do as many of these as possible.

*** passage number 3 in the heart and circulation chapter is gold.

I've been destroyed by the MCAT bio and I was a bio major:rolleyes:.

Anywho, I just took a look at my TBR bio books, and from what I can tell,

Book 2 ch 6-10 passages are weak and not representative of new MCAT style.

Book 1 ch 1-5 with the A&P, has really good passages with lots of graphs, charts, and experiments. Do as many of these as possible.

*** passage number 3 in the heart and circulation chapter is gold.

Are you using TBR for content review as well?