The Morning Of August 19th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RubberToe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see what your morning of August 19th is going to be like. :)

What time are you waking up?

What are you most likely to have for breakfast?

Are you going to drink coffee?

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review?

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site?

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch?

Members don't see this ad.

I think I'm gonna vomit.

After that, I will have eggs and toast with OJ for breakfast along with coffee. I will have gatorade, PB crackers, and candy during the test. You can just get there at 8 because the test won't really start until 9:30 when all the fingerprinting is over. I recommend bringing a sac lunch. The last thing u need is to drive to a restaurant and get in an accident.

i see one of two extremes:

1) feeling totally in the zone and mentally focused (i was like this last year when i wrote it...imagine tiger woods type of look)

or

2) feeling butterflies and potential diarrhea...

:p i hope its the first one! although...because this is my second time, i'm feeling a lot more pressure/nerves because it really counts.

What time are you waking up? 6 am

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? Eggs and toast

Are you going to drink coffee? Affirmative

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? Negative

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? 7:20-maybe later

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? Affirmative

Members don't see this ad :)
bringing yoru own lunch is definitely the way to go. not only are you guaranteed your favorite lunch food but you also dont have to worry about finding a place to eat, waiting in line or getting back in time. you can totally relax. bring whatever makes you happy, your favorite sandwich, favorite juice, whatever. sounds stupid but its a nice way to calm down before the 2nd half of the day.

I drove to where I was taking it before hand so I knew just where I was going and what I could get for lunch

What time are you waking up? I will wake up at 6 am. I've been setting my alarm for 6 am for the past 4 weeks.

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? a glass of orange juice, yogurt, fruit, and whole-grain waffles

Are you going to drink coffee? I will be drinking hot green tea.

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? Yes - I will remind myself that I am a wonderful, intelligent person and I will not let this test mentally defeat me.

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? 7:15 am

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? Yes - a lowfat lunch as well as a snack or two :luck:

Wake up around 6:45. Make the daily breakfast, 6 egg whites, 3 slices of toast. Shower, go online, vomit on computer looking at SDN, drive to test center (3 minutes). Listen to some Tool on the way. Get out of the car, realize I forgot my ticket, go back, come back and won't be let in.

What time are you waking up? 5:30 or 6am.. been waking up at 6am, but it wouldn't hurt to go a little earlier

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? Honestly, probably something crappy like a Sausage McGriddle... I'm not a big "breakfast" fan

Are you going to drink coffee? Hell no

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? Hell yes (why I want to wake up a bit earlier)

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? The lab where I research (and have a key to) is right across from my testing site, so I'll probably arrive around 6:30 and review in the lab until 7:50

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? I'm thinking I'll just buy a Subway the night before, and keep it frozen... I'm not much of a cook/sandwich-maker either and I'm living by myself. :laugh:

I know someone is gonna make a comment about my poor dietary choices, but I'm the type that doesn't get fat. So I'll die at 45 from a heart attack, but I'll be skinny, dammit! :laugh:

docbyxmas said:
I thought it would be interesting to see what your morning of August 19th is going to be like. :)

What time are you waking up? 6:40

What are you most likely to have for breakfast?nothing I have I.B.S. and whatever i eat will justcome back to haunt me during the test

Are you going to drink coffee? can't my stomach and coffee don't get along

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? this time around i think i will. last time i just jammed out to the IPOD. we saw what that got me

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? 7:30am; it's about a 10 minute drive so i'll leave at 7:10and sit in the car for 10 mins listening to pump up music

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? once again i can't eat. maybe i'll bring grapes or fruit snacks just to tease my tummy
you forgot to ask what i'm wearing : my lime green shirt i wore last time that i thought was lucky but didn't turn out. gotta make it back to lucky again.

Do yourselves a favor. a few days before the test, scope the place out. If you have never been to your test site, test day is NOT the time to find out. Not only should you at least know how to get there, but also find out where you are going to park. This is a big thing for people taking the test in ANY city. Find the closest open parking lot/deck.

Plan your route. See if you can see the testing room if it is in a hotel. Ask the manager about where the bathrooms are, how are the tables set up, what is the temperature like in the room. Where can you eat your lunch, some hotels WILL NOT allow you to just sit in their lounge without buying something.

Be prepared. Make sure that Friday night, you do not go to sleep without packing your bag and ensuring that your admission ticket is there along with your ID, make your lunch ahead of time, buy all of your supplies then not the next morning. Plan your route. What streets are your going to take, what are your alternates (This past April I took my MCAT at NYU and took the West Side Highway down. Well midway there, the police closed off the highway because of a hit and run that happened not 3 hours before. I had my alternate already planned, took it and no road rage or nervousness).

Good luck to you all.

EBI831 said:
docbyxmas said:
I thought it would be interesting to see
What are you most likely to have for breakfast?nothing I have I.B.S. and whatever i eat will justcome back to haunt me during the test

Are you going to drink coffee? can't my stomach and coffee don't get along

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? once again i can't eat. maybe i'll bring grapes or fruit snacks just to tease my tummy

Damn, I thought I was the only one. Hopefully they have earmuffs so the person beside me isn't distracted by my growling stomach. :p

chaeymaey said:
I think I'm gonna vomit.

After that, I will have eggs and toast with OJ for breakfast along with coffee.

So you're going to eat a full breakfast AFTER vomiting.
Gutsy. :D
-Dr. P.

What time are you waking up? 6:15am

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? Eggs, Oatmeal, toast, and OJ

Are you going to drink coffee? A little bit

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? Maybe

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? 7:15am

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? Yes

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 6 am
2. Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwich w/ V8 Splash Strawberry/Kiwi
3. No
4. No
5. 7:15
6. No

Wake up around 6, just like every other day....eat some eggs, yogurt, and have a cup of coffee...probably some toast or hash browns too...and a banana.

Probably glance at flash cards.

Get to the CBT center about 7:30.

not sure about lunch yet.
My biggest concern is I'm used to pretty much being able to drink water and go to the bathroom at my leisure whilst at work....

What time are you waking up? 5 am , a friend is picking me up a 6:30 am

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? eggs ,toast, oj ,yougurt

Are you going to drink coffee? no

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? hell no

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? 6:45 to 7 am

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? probably no

docbyxmas said:

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site?

1. 5 minutes before the exam.
2. Breakfast is for wimps.
3. Yes, also spilling it on the exam, and neighboring test takers. Then maybe a good..... :barf:
4. Hahahahaha.
5. 7:58 am.

Let's see, I'm hoping the hotel concierge calls me at 6 to wake me up, otherwise I will wake at 9 (since I'm 2 hours behind with time zones) and not be allowed it to the test.

I'm hoping there's a McD's near the hotel for breakfast because I don't think I can make it on the hotel's continental bagel and apple.

I'm not a huge coffee fan, but if I can find a Muzz Buzz I'll be going for an Irish Cream.

No reviewing for me! My last day to study will be Thursday night.

I'm hoping to get to the site by 7:30, but it really depends on if I can get a taxi and if not, how long it will take to walk. I hear the site is only about 2 blocks from the hotel, so I'll probably walk.

I dunno about a sac lunch. I'll have to scope out Melbourne and see if there are any fast food joints near the site first.

I'll change it up a little and tell you what I did for the April test.

What time did you wake up? 6:45

What did you have for breakfast? Oatmeal and fruit. And then I almost threw up because I was freaking out.

Did you drink coffee? No. Bad idea. Nerves kept me awake anyway

Did you warm up your mind with some review? Little bit of looking at notes page

Assuming your test begins at 9:20 AM, what time did you want to arrive to your testing site? 7:40

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? Yes. Definitely. Couple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, an apple, and water.

What time are you waking up? 6:00

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? Eggs, toast w/ peach jam

Are you going to drink coffee? yes

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? yes, do one passage of each

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? 7:40

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? No, I've advised Mr. MCAT that he better bring his and when I get done whipping his A$$ I'll savor the flavor of Mrs. MCAT. :mad:

1) As I have been for 2 weeks now, and as seems to be the concensus, with all MCAT takers around the country, I will be awoken to the beep of my alarm clock at 6:00 AM

2) 2 Eggs, 1 Peice of lightly buttered toast

3) 1 small iced coconut from DD's, as I have for 6 weeks now.

4) No mind exercise, just ready to kick the tests a$$

5) Try to arrive at 7:30

6) Haven't thought too much about lunch, plan on eating well a few days before to load up on carbs, so I should have enough energy, something small probably....

What time are you waking up? 6:30

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? Oatmeal and whey protein as always

Are you going to drink coffee? nah, I don't do the whole drinking fad and just down a caffeine pill

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? I'll probably run some things through my mind to get it going and see if I get stuck anywhere as I do

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? Get on the gixxer at 7:40, arrive at the site at 7:45 or later, I'm toward the back of line anyways since my last name starts with W

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? I live a mile from campus so I'm going home to eat and relax

What time are you waking up? 7 am...maybe 7:30

What are you most likely to have for breakfast? 2 bagels with cheese, orange juice/maybe milk, haven't decided

Are you going to drink coffee? never really have, never will.

Are you going to warm up your mind with some review? maybe, just to get my physics going, usually 1 day before is enough for me.

Assuming your test begins at 8am, what time do you want to arrive to your testing site? my test starts at 8am...but i'm pretty sure thats registration/instructions, get there by 7'55 or 8.

Are you going to prepare a sac lunch? The day before; bread with lettuce, cucumbers, cheese...apple for each snack break; food doesn't really hold me down.

Waking up ~5am

Gonna go for a quick jog (~15 minutes)

Oatmeal with chocolate protein powder and maybe some peanut butter for breakfast.

I hate coffee. I will probalby drink 3 cans of diet mountain dew.

If I'm smart I'll do one or two physics passages to warm up. Maybe one or two in the car when i get to the test site.

I guess I'd get there at 7:45. im going today to check the place out.

I think im gonna pack three sandwiches and eat one during each break.

7:30 - wake up without a hangover
7:40 - cliffbar breakfast with eggwhite drink
7:50 - finally find the admission ticket i lost
7:55 - drive to test center, avoid speeding ticket
8:00 - arrive and look for cheap parking
8:15 - load up carbogel and cram mnemonics
8:30 - test starts (expecting early start)

lunch - drive home, find leftovers in fridge

thought it would be interesting to see what your morning of August 19th is going to be like. :)

6:40

Eggs, Homefries, and Toast at the golden griddle in my hotel

Yes but only a small cup....
people go on about that energy drinks and caffeine are the devil but I think for the people that are used to them they're a nice eye opener....

Thought about a verbal passage.... think I'm deciding against it.... rather pumping the Ipod with some high energy music...
However between the writing sample and the bio I may give a peak at some spectrascopy values.. lol they're tricky

7:45-7:50

Roast Beef Sandwhich with some mayo and mustard, a banana and Powerade...

docbyxmas said:

Fun thread...

I will be waking up at ~5:45am to 6am (depending on snoozing...). I'll probably have a bowl of cereal & some peanut butter toast (for protein) for breakfast. Hopefully, I can convince my fiance to run to Starbucks to get me a tall non-fat carmel mocha w/no whipped cream to get me pumped up. I plan to arrive at the test site (which I've gone to and taken part of a practice test at) at about 7:30 am, and I plan to do two practice physical sciences passages to get warmed up. I intend to pack a lunch the night before & bring it with me, along w/some peanut butter crackers to munch on during breaks. I think I'll probably buy a Time magazine to read during lunch as well, seeing as how the last time I took the MCAT, I got one of my examples for the WS from the article I read that morning from Time / Newsweek, along w/enjoying some quality Tom Petty to get me pumped up. :thumbup:

After reading all the responses, I'm shocked to see how few people drink coffee!!! I started drinking coffee b/c the all the doc's @ the ER where I shadow drink it like water... and as far as I can tell, this is a consistent trend amongst MD's (probably DO's, too)... What is wrong with you people? Aren't we the Starbucks generation???

Jwax said:
After reading all the responses, I'm shocked to see how few people drink coffee!!! I started drinking coffee b/c the all the doc's @ the ER where I shadow drink it like water... and as far as I can tell, this is a consistent trend amongst MD's (probably DO's, too)... What is wrong with you people? Aren't we the Starbucks generation???

In complete agreeance... I second guessed my coffee habits reading these threads lol.... Then realized I love the stuff....

supafield said:
Thought about a verbal passage.... think I'm deciding against it.... rather pumping the Ipod with some high energy music...

i listened to some high energy chase scene music while racing to a proctored exam.

it was in my head the whole time and wasnt really conducive to focusing