the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Funny that Northwestern Feinberg already gave out an offer. I wonder who was the POI (though I'm not a 100% on how that program works as a whole). I know they had three interview dates (that invitees could choose from), the last is this Friday. Hopefully, it's not a waste of time (i.e., interviewing for someone who already gave out an offer)...

Edit: scratch that. I just remembered that not all professors are interviewing on the same date. That'd make more sense.

They may also be referring to Northwestern Evanston campus, and not the Feinberg program

whoops just read the whole thing, nm

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted to the University of South Florida clinical program today!!!!!!! happy outta my skull!

Any rejections to Clinical Health? What about wait list? How many so far accepted? Incoming class seems to be about 15.

Where did you see that number? For some reason, I was under the impression they took more. I just declined an offer from them (Clinical-health) today. Hope that helps someone out. Good luck everyone!

accepted to the University of South Florida clinical program today!!!!!!! happy outta my skull!

Congrats! That's wonderful news!

I love reading this thread (and the Where Are You Going Next Year thread) - they both make my day!

Hi
I just wanted to update on the post I left that they extended more offers today. Unfortunately, that information came from an unreliable source and deemed to be incorrect as the board took it off their website. I'm sorry if it upset anyone or scared anyone. That was not my intention.

I do know, however, that they are still extending offers (via an e-mail last week from the admissions department).

What are first offers vs second offers? Are second offers spots that have opened up because someone has denied the acceptance? I don't care how I get an acceptance I was just wondering.

I saw that someone posted about receiving a snail mail acceptance for LaSalle and I'm wondering if anyone knows what's happening with LaSalle's process. Have all of the acceptances been sent out or is it a rolling process? I'm on the west coast, so it might take a while for it to get to me :) I still really don't like not hearing from schools. Either accept me, waitlist me or reject me, but at least tell me!

Also, I got waitlisted at Xavier today, so that's another additional date to add.

I saw that someone posted about receiving a snail mail acceptance for LaSalle and I'm wondering if anyone knows what's happening with LaSalle's process. Have all of the acceptances been sent out or is it a rolling process? I'm on the west coast, so it might take a while for it to get to me :) I still really don't like not hearing from schools. Either accept me, waitlist me or reject me, but at least tell me!

Also, I got waitlisted at Xavier today, so that's another additional date to add.

which program?

Hi,
I was looking on the old acceptance/waitlist thread that has since been closed. Someone mentioned something called the 3 week rule. I have not heard that term used before so if someone would be so kind as to explain it- I'd appreciate it very much! Thanks!! Good luck everyone who is still waiting to hear from schools or is waitlisted!

<<<<< my bad on that one, thats just my rule when a) the POI or program said it would be quick, possibly within a week and b) students have already received acceptances (to either your POI or a POI from that program)

Its all up to you though, I take no blame for what might happen lol its just how I roll

So I saw that the University of Memphis gave out offers today, does anyone who received one want to PM me with their POI?

Members don't see this ad :)
If interviewees have until April 15 to make a decision does that mean wait listers could be offered admission after that deadline?

<<<<< my bad on that one, thats just my rule when a) the POI or program said it would be quick, possibly within a week and b) students have already received acceptances (to either your POI or a POI from that program)

Its all up to you though, I take no blame for what might happen lol its just how I roll

So your idea is that you call them after 3 weeks if these are the circumstances? I just want to know how people go about these things. Thanks for clarifying this.
Dont want to be "unordinary" (in the weird sense). I am kind of going through applications and all till now without much guidance- no real advisers at my school that are worth anything. so yeah, all sorts of terms and procedures are new to me. The whole APA guidelines about holding acceptances and D-Day (AKA tax day or April 15) I learned here. Other things I picked up from reading guidebooks, other websites, a couple of professors who are helpful and better than advisers, and those friends who are facing the same process as I am... (or other people at interviews... I pretend I know what they are talking about and learn a whole lot...)
Thanks SDN!!!

I heard from Delaware yesterday via an email from my POI.

Has anyone been offered acceptance at any of these places and declined their offer? I am an alternate at all 3 schools, and would love to know if anyone is giving up their spots! You can PM me if you would like (even if you are going and let me know who you are working with)!

Thanks in advance!

Whoever was accepted to Northwestern -- could you PM me your POI? I've been waiting to hear back from them and last I heard (called last week) they were still deciding, but it says on here that someone heard way back in February...

Could the person who got accepted to Penn State please, please, please let me know which track it was (child or adult)? Thank you!!

The Penn State acceptance was for the child track. I don't know about the adult track.

what program is this in regards to?

76 posts in less than a day...ya'll are a neurotic bunch. :D

It's the process. It makes us this way. I never knew about these threads my first two years applying and i'm kind of glad I didn't. I feel like I'm addicted to world of Warcraft and check Sdn before using the bathroom in the morning.

acceptance received via email this morning!

my first one! :laugh: :laugh:

Received acceptance for Clinical PhD program at Nova via email from POI and Graduate Admissions. (They also offered me PsyD and told me to choose) :laugh:

I hate to keep asking but has anyone heard from Binghamton yet? I'm anticipating a letter of rejection at this point, but no one has reported being accepted. I just see waitlists and rejections post-interview so far. That has to mean offers have gone out, right? I think I'm e-mailing my POI tomorrow.

I emailed my POI and got a response, so I would recommend it.

Has anyone heard from GWU (PsyD), Denver (PsyD) or Brooklyn (PhD)? I'm curious! Still waiting for a response...had interviews there a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

No response from Denver either. I'm thinking we should know by the end of this week? At least judging from years past. Anyone else heard or got any additional info?

I emailed my POI and got a response, so I would recommend it.

Last Mon. 3/1, I called the Psych. Dept's office and spoke to a secretary. I briefly stated that I had an acceptance offer to another university and was wondering what my application status was at ___ University. The secretary took my ph #, but no one called me back... At this point, should I email my POI? Wait another week?

Also thanks to everyone who previously gave advice!! It was very much appreciated!!! :love: Congrats to those with acceptances!! :thumbup: Best of luck to those still waiting!! :xf:

So I wonder if within a specialty like Forensic, if there is ever a situation like follows:

Person A gets accepted into 2nd choice school A, Person B gets accepted into second choice school B, Person A is waitlisted at School B (their top choice) and is waiting on Person B, while Person B is waitlisted at School A (top choice) and is waiting on Person A...

what a horrible situation that would be!

Also i just spoke with the graduate coordinator at UNL, and they apparently have given out acceptances, they have an ongoing waitlist but who knows at this point, this might be why i havent heard from my POI, he is waiting to find out if his first choice accepts or not, then maybe will contact the next in line... either way UNL is takin the piss... but no worries

Just thought I would relay that

gl everyone as always

So I wonder if within a specialty like Forensic, if there is ever a situation like follows:

Person A gets accepted into 2nd choice school A, Person B gets accepted into second choice school B, Person A is waitlisted at School B (their top choice) and is waiting on Person B, while Person B is waitlisted at School A (top choice) and is waiting on Person A...

what a horrible situation that would be!

Ahh the Prisoner's Dilemma at it's finest! Well I guess that's why sites such as SDN were developed ~~ hoping everyone can connect and get all the info to make the best decision possible!

Ahh the Prisoner's Dilemma at it's finest! Well I guess that's why sites such as SDN were developed ~~ hoping everyone can connect and get all the info to make the best decision possible!

well its worse because at least in the PD one or the other suspect will fold, I reckon in my example neither student would fold in fear of not getting their top choice...

Any word on when applicants could hear from the University of Hawaii's clinical PhD???

Last edited:
Received acceptance for Clinical PhD program at Nova via email from POI and Graduate Admissions. (They also offered me PsyD and told me to choose) :laugh:

Who was your POI? I have not even interviewed yet! I am going on Monday. Congrats on being accepted already!

Hey,
Does anyone know when Bklyn LIU will be extending offers?

Hey,
Does anyone know when Bklyn LIU will be extending offers?

I don't know but it looks like from last year's thread that it was the second week in March... so if it is like last year any day now! :xf:

I just received an e-mail from program administrator with financial aid application to fill out. I don't know if it was sent to everyone that interviewed or not. I figured I would post it here anyway. Good luck to all that applied.

Who was your POI? I have not even interviewed yet! I am going on Monday. Congrats on being accepted already!

It was amazing to hear back so soon! :) Good Luck on your interview!

Last edited:
I know acceptances have gone out to this program-I am currently chosen as an alternate. I was wondering if any of you out there with offers have officially accepted or turned down the offer. If so if you would not mind PMing me with your POI it would be much appreciated.

I with all of you-I hate playing the waiting game.:bang: