the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone; 2 questions. Has anyone heard anything post-interview from Rochester?

Also, if whoever has been accepted to Maine doesn't mind (or waitlisted for that matter if that has happend), I would love to know your POI.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email notifying me that i am wait listed at UMKC for counseling psychology. The person who mailed it was the final person i phone interviewed with not the POI or Director. Congrats to those who were accepted

University of South Dakota-Alternate List-3/9 by mail.
If you have been accepted, please PM me and let me know who you POI is, and how likely you are to accept. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from Lehigh yesterday. I didn't get the Ph.D. (this is for counseling) but I did get offered the Master's program. And I heard from Lehigh by snail mail so it may be a while to hear from them depending where you are.

2/26- accepted to University of Houston (in Houston, Texas) for Counseling Ph.D. :)

I don't know but it looks like from last year's thread that it was the second week in March... so if it is like last year any day now! :xf:

Apparently for the LIU PhD they are meeting Wednesday to discuss and then letters should be sent out on Friday....so not too much longer of a wait!

Apparently for the LIU PhD they are meeting Wednesday to discuss and then letters should be sent out on Friday....so not too much longer of a wait!

How did you find this out if you don't mind me asking?

How did you find this out if you don't mind me asking?

When I emailed back my interviewer from LIU I asked when I should expect to hear from the school, and that is what she told me

So I know a handful of people have been accepted to City College's Phd Clinical Program... But has anyone been rejected post interview? Do they just waitlist everyone they interviewed globally as a precautionary measure in case some catastrophic event wipes out the first 40 people they interview?+pissed+

If this is not the case (and I'm sure other are frustrated with this concerning other programs) then I would would appreciate the courtesy of a formal rejection so I can begin my grieving process already and get on with my life.:cry:

Members don't see this ad :)
So I know a handful of people have been accepted to City College's Phd Clinical Program... But has anyone been rejected post interview? Do they just waitlist everyone they interviewed globally as a precautionary measure in case some catastrophic event wipes out the first 40 people they interview?+pissed+

If this is not the case (and I'm sure other are frustrated with this concerning other programs) then I would would appreciate the courtesy of a formal rejection so I can begin my grieving process already and get on with my life.:cry:

Did they call you and tell you that you were on the waitlist?

Did they call you and tell you that you were on the waitlist?

No... they did nothing. Like I said, if I'm rejected I'd just like to officially know; stamp out that small glimmer of hope stringing me along and turning me into a neurotic. They must have some clue as to whats going on, but from what I see haven't actually rejected anyone. Is this like high-school when you can just break up with someone by just not talking to them anymore? Am I supposed to just "get the point" and move on?

Sorry, this whole process is so frustrating. I can't believe I'm willing to do it all over again next year if need be. Anyway, best of luck to everyone else who still has a ray of hope:luck:

No... they did nothing. Like I said, if I'm rejected I'd just like to officially know; stamp out that small glimmer of hope stringing me along and turning me into a neurotic. They must have some clue as to whats going on, but from what I see haven't actually rejected anyone. Is this like high-school when you can just break up with someone by just not talking to them anymore? Am I supposed to just "get the point" and move on?

Sorry, this whole process is so frustrating. I can't believe I'm willing to do it all over again next year if need be. Anyway, best of luck to everyone else who still has a ray of hope:luck:

hmm..i do know they called people on the waitlist and mentioned that there were only a few people on this list. sorry i don't have better news for you but don't lose hope. i agree the process can be frustrating. good luck!!

hmm..i do know they called people on the waitlist and mentioned that there were only a few people on this list. sorry i don't have better news for you but don't lose hope. i agree the process can be frustrating. good luck!!

Thanks!:)

Clinical Ph.D. acceptance from American University on 3/9/10 via email from POI! :O)

Xavier was the only school I did not receive an interview invitation to and was convinced that I was rejected. This afternoon I received an e-mail from the admission director telling me I was on a waitlist. Did this happen to anyone else who did not receive an interview invite at Xavier?

Accepted at Antioch University New England Clinical Psychology (PsyD) - received e-mail 3/9

Xavier was the only school I did not receive an interview invitation to and was convinced that I was rejected. This afternoon I received an e-mail from the admission director telling me I was on a waitlist. Did this happen to anyone else who did not receive an interview invite at Xavier?

I did not receive an Interview from Xavier and I did not get that email either, so it may be better than you think! Good luck!

Hi,
Is it normal for a school to not tell you whether or not you have been rejected? I interviewed there a few weeks ago and so far I've heard nothing. I know a few people have been accepted but I also heard that they are sending out more invites (from the admissions department). Is this them stringing me along or is possible they haven't decided yet? Is it too pushy if I call them again this week after already talking to them last week? I'm just so frustrated and hanging on to a very small part of me that is saying maybe they haven't decided on you yet. I just want to know one way or another so that I can begin to prepare to a) start PhD school or b) start the application process all over again.

How many acceptances does she have?

Four. All in all:

22 complete apps
19 interview invites
16 interviews attended (7 in person, 9 phone)
6 or 7 withdrawn post-interview but pre-decision (one I withdrew from then a got rejection letter anyway so not sure what to call that)
5 or 6 post-interview rejections (see above)
1 acceptance without an interview
1 "I would have accepted you, but I've decided to take a job at another university"
3 post-interview acceptances (1 from waitlist)
1 waitlist still active.

So... it could have been better, but I'm thrilled with three of the programs I've been admitted to, and it will be a HARD decision!

Can whomever got the acceptance from Yeshiva PsyD clinical please PM me? Was this the regular PsyD or school? Did they all go out yet? :)

Could the person who was accepted to Univ of Louisville please, please, please PM me with their POI.

Thank you in advance!!

Acceptance received on Monday March 8th to Seattle Pacific Unviersity Ph.d program! :)

Can whomever got the acceptance from Yeshiva PsyD clinical please PM me? Was this the regular PsyD or school? Did they all go out yet? :)
I am waiting for the PhD Clinical Health-- I was informed that they are meeting today and not all offers have gone out yet.

Crap I've been so behind on sending updates about schools I've heard from (checked SDN yesterday for the first time in a month), but it seems like they're all up there. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far, and good luck to those of you still waiting to hear!

Hi,
Is it normal for a school to not tell you whether or not you have been rejected? I interviewed there a few weeks ago and so far I've heard nothing. I know a few people have been accepted but I also heard that they are sending out more invites (from the admissions department). Is this them stringing me along or is possible they haven't decided yet? Is it too pushy if I call them again this week after already talking to them last week? I'm just so frustrated and hanging on to a very small part of me that is saying maybe they haven't decided on you yet. I just want to know one way or another so that I can begin to prepare to a) start PhD school or b) start the application process all over again.

I feel your pain! I have been waiting almost six weeks to hear ANYTHING from a school I interviewed for. I know they have sent out some rejections and at least one acceptance but a handful of us have heard nothing despite attempts to get information. I think some of this programs just take forever ....hang in there!

Four. All in all:

22 complete apps
19 interview invites
16 interviews attended (7 in person, 9 phone)
6 or 7 withdrawn post-interview but pre-decision (one I withdrew from then a got rejection letter anyway so not sure what to call that)
5 or 6 post-interview rejections (see above)
1 acceptance without an interview
1 "I would have accepted you, but I've decided to take a job at another university"
3 post-interview acceptances (1 from waitlist)
1 waitlist still active.

So... it could have been better, but I'm thrilled with three of the programs I've been admitted to, and it will be a HARD decision!

Congratulations! And I agree, picking a school is the hardest choice I've ever had to make.

I am waiting for the PhD Clinical Health-- I was informed that they are meeting today and not all offers have gone out yet.

Please PM me if anyone hears about yeshiva's PsyD clinical program. has anyone heard back from this program??? (not health or school)

Anyone hear from U Mass Boston? I believe their meeting was supposed to be yesterday...

Please PM me if anyone hears about yeshiva's PsyD clinical program. has anyone heard back from this program??? (not health or school)

I got an individual email from them at 11:53 last night offering acceptance to the Clinical PsyD program. They may be sending these out sporadically, as it appears someone else heard much earlier yesterday, but I don't know for sure. Best of luck to you and hang in there!!

+1
at 3 different schools!

I feel your pain! I have been waiting almost six weeks to hear ANYTHING from a school I interviewed for. I know they have sent out some rejections and at least one acceptance but a handful of us have heard nothing despite attempts to get information. I think some of this programs just take forever ....hang in there!

Does anyone have a link to last year's acceptance thread?
Much Appreciated!

anybody else get really annoyed when you get rejection letters from schools that you turned down first? i mean you call and tell them you aren't interested b/c you've been accepted to a place that is a better fit. you give them plenty of time to invite another student and are super polite and they then send you a rejection letter?!!? saying things like

"Because different departments and graduate schools look for different kinds of preparation in an applicant's background, another graduate school may very well view your application favorably."

it's like breaking up with someone and they go around telling people they dumped you! this process makes applicants feel so small and desperate and they still can't resist getting that last little jab in even when you turn them down. i withdrew myself from consideration you don't get to pretend i wasn't good enough for you! i am temped to reply with my original rejection letter i sent to them..... someone on here posted some nice wording before.

Ok sorry I HAD to vent that. Back to celebrating! YAYYYYY for everyone being accepted (and turning down other programs even though they are in denial about it)!!!

For those waiting to hear from Pepperdine; I caved in and emailed them. Their decisions have been made and their sending out letters at the end of the week. Not sure if it's snail mail or email.

Good Luck to everyone!! :):):)

For those waiting to hear from Pepperdine; I caved in and emailed them. Their decisions have been made and their sending out letters at the end of the week. Not sure if it's snail mail or email.

Thanks for doing that! Very nervewracking...as an East Coaster I pray they decide to email rather than use the archaic postal service.

I know a few of you SDNers interviewed at Bowling Green State University... have you heard anything either way? I interviewed over the 2nd weekend (2/26) and haven't heard one way or another... Just curious!

Good luck to everyone!

anybody else get really annoyed when you get rejection letters from schools that you turned down first? i mean you call and tell them you aren't interested b/c you've been accepted to a place that is a better fit. you give them plenty of time to invite another student and are super polite and they then send you a rejection letter?!!? saying things like

Yes, but in this case, I think the letter was postmarked before they received my withdrawal. It still bugged.

Thanks for doing that! Very nervewracking...as an East Coaster I pray they decide to email rather than use the archaic postal service.

Ditto. I don't think I would be able to survive the weekend without some type of cocktail in my hand if that was the case. lol

PLEASE REPLY!!!! I probably sound like a broken record, but PLEASE PM me if you are waitlisted or accepted to george mason. it's my last hope of getting into grad school this year and i am DYING not knowing anything...

Futureapppsy2:

I think you need to tone it down a bit. Congrats on your accomplishments and how competitive of an applicant you clearly are. And you deserve to be proud. But, keep your vanity to yourself. It comes off a bit pretentious and showy. Many SDNers are continually rejected and won't be attending a program this fall. I don't think you need to rub it in peoples' faces just how awesome you are. I think you should keep this info to yourself.

And no, I'm not bitter or envious. I was accepted to my top choice program. I'm just looking out for SDNers who were less fortunate this application round. I know how disappointed and frustrated I would be if I didn't get in and then had to read your posts. Think about it...

.......and so it begins again.......

:laugh: I'm literally laughing as I type this cos I'm happy for futureapppsych but it just seems like ze cannot say one good thing about hirself or publicly rejoice in hir good fortune without someone ripping hir head off and waving hir entrails in the air :laugh:

McClinas, I totally get your point and as history has shown, you're not the only one who feels that way (wow, I just think its so funny, lol) but actually, I think a few people asked though.

I personally think that if ze put in the work, might as well.......

Last edited:
Futureapppsy2:

I think you need to tone it down a bit. Congrats on your accomplishments and how competitive of an applicant you clearly are. And you deserve to be proud. But, keep your vanity to yourself. It comes off a bit pretentious and showy. Many SDNers are continually rejected and won't be attending a program this fall. I don't think you need to rub it in peoples' faces just how awesome you are. I think you should keep this info to yourself.

And no, I'm not bitter or envious. I was accepted to my top choice program. I'm just looking out for SDNers who were less fortunate this application round. I know how disappointed and frustrated I would be if I didn't get in and then had to read your posts. Think about it...

+1
Congrats, but a simple "I got X acceptances, thanks!" would have sufficed. I'm feeling very sad for some amazing fellow applicants who have not been accepted or waitlisted anywhere this year.

Futureapppsy2:

I totally disagree with this. Futureapppsy2 was just responding to a bunch of people who asked how many acceptances she got. I don't think she's rubbing it anyone's face.

I totally disagree with this. Futureapppsy2 was just responding to a bunch of people who asked how many acceptances she got. I don't think she's rubbing it anyone's face.

+1

Public forum..skip the posts if you don't like it:thumbup:

I have to say I disagree with this. I completely understand your intentions, McClinas, but she did after all manage the entire Interview Thread (and did an amazing job, btw!). The least we can do is read her post about her outcomes. I get what you're saying about SDN'ers who were rejected this year... but I think it probably is just as upsetting for them to read people posting "oh woe is me, I have two (or more) great schools to choose from--such a tough decision to make", which a lot of other people have posted. Not to mention, the only people who could rightfully be upset about a post like this are other school psych applicants (which I gather are a minority on this board). Most SDN'ers were not competing with her for spots, as she was school psych.

For months this board has been focused on the stress and anxiety over applying/interviewing, and now is a time for celebration for those accepted, and regrouping for those rejected. It's nice to hear a success story--it keeps people motivated.

Futureapppsy2:

I've been a long-time lurker, but haven't had any reason to post since I only applied to Pepperdine (where I'm currently finishing up my master's). It has been almost two months since my interview and I feel like I only have a couple more days of wait left in me before I crack. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EMAILING THEM AND FOR POSTING! It has been a nerve-wracking wait and even being somewhat on the "inside," there has been little info. Good luck to everyone and here's hoping we find out sooner rather than later.