The NEW IL (Chicago Schools, etc.) Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just checking in to see how everyone from IL is doing...any news for anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

how do you guys know you're on hold at loyola? do they notify you or did you find out by calling? thanks!

Also on hold at Loyola...Found out by calling, just couldn't stand the wait anymore! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the office last week and found out I was on hold. The lady looked at my file for me because I was flying into interview at another Chicago school, and very kindly told me that my file was reviewed favorably. Told me to wait a week and expect a call from them. Waited a week, called them today, found out that they've passed on interviewing me while I'm in Chicago, but that my file will continue to merit consideration.

Nice folks at Loyola. Would love to interview there, but not quite sure what kind of candidates they're looking for.

yeah, what is the deal with the holds at loyola? I also called last week, and the lady told me: "Your file is up for review again in February." I didn't realize they could review your file multiple times before deciding to grant an interview. Does anyone know if they review pre-interview files on a certain day each month? I'm just wondering on how to long to wait on hearing from them before calling back...don't want to pester them, but don't want to wait until March before I show interest again.

But anyway, I'm not too concerned- I got my acceptance from Rush last week!! I am so excited because I really really loved it there! Although I am still hoping to see for myself what all the buzz is about Loyola...

Hey all. Just thought I'd give a "Freezin' my arse off" shoutout to all the Illinois folk out there. ;)

Originally posted by Woots32
Hey all. Just thought I'd give a "Freezin' my arse off" shoutout to all the Illinois folk out there. ;)
what you really meant to say is "this is a great opportunity of me to pad"

I am going to die next week!!!! why is a New Orleans girl coming to chicago the coldest week of the year? I don't even know how to prepare!!!:eek:

Seaworthc, I am assuming you are coming to interview...If you are wearing a skirt suit with nylons I would recommend to take a bite off the cold by wearing two pairs of nylons, because most likely you won't have a long wool coat. The thing you have to consider overall is how much you are going to be outside. Runs from a car to a building are bearable. :)

I personally am not looking forward to working next week (EMT stuff) in this freezing cold...stairchairs- ick.

I'll be in Chicago in a few weeks. Good call on the double pair of nylons. I'll be definitely donning those to survive.

How icy is it? My shoes are low sturdy heels, but not the most grippy things in the world. Should I take some other shoes? And what in the world would go with a skirt?

And don't forget your long underwear, not to mention your boots, hat, mittens, scarf, mink coat, ear muffs, face mask, as well as your snow suit. There, I think that just about covers it.

:)

Any more news from the wonderful IL schools??

Hey there Chicagoites.......

I'm from los angeles, but I absolutely love Chicago. I have been accepted to CCOM and I am hoping to get into Loyola or Finch also.

I just wanted to say hello and find out if anyone here ever gets together to hang out? I know I will be coming back to Chicago for sure in May, and then moving there in the summer. And right now, I don't know anyone there.

So if anyone wants to hang out downtown in May.....let me know!

:)

i just interviewed at UIC a couple of weeks ago. anybody know what the acceptance rate is for interviewees? (i'm out of state, by the way)

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of state stats for last year from USNews:

UIC
Applied 2,405
Interviewed 240
Accepted 138
Enrolled 55

Not bad odds...

unfortunately the tuition is greater during the M3 and M4 years because of the summer term. For 2003-2004, the projected tuition rate for the summer term is $6296, on top of course of tuition for the Fall and Spring semesters (which happen to be $19880).

Bad news. . . last night, I found out I was waitlisted at Pritzker.

Good news . . . I was told to go out and celebrate b/c I am #1 on the waitlist.

uofchopeful -- how'd you find out what number you are on the waitlist? i'm on the waitlist and would love to find out that info. congrats, btw -- i hope you get in!

I interviewed at UIC in early February. From what I recall, we were supposed to start hearing at the end of February to the beginning of March. Has anyone heard anything or remember exactly when decisions are being mailed out?

Thanks

Originally posted by uwcoxswain
I interviewed at UIC in early February. From what I recall, we were supposed to start hearing at the end of February to the beginning of March. Has anyone heard anything or remember exactly when decisions are being mailed out?

Thanks

i think UIC meets the last wednesday or friday of every month to talk about the people that interviewed over the past month, and then sends letters accordingly. i interviewed in mid-jan, got a letter on the 10th (dated the 7th). you should hear from them not next week, but the week after. good luck!

btw... are you a badger? a rowing badger, no less? go bucky!!

uwcoxswain and uofchopeful -- i pm'd you both back!

Originally posted by badgergirl
i think UIC meets the last wednesday or friday of every month to talk about the people that interviewed over the past month, and then sends letters accordingly. i interviewed in mid-jan, got a letter on the 10th (dated the 7th). you should hear from them not next week, but the week after. good luck!

Hello all, I was just at UIC on Wednesday and they said the committee was meeting the next day (Thursday 2/27) so hopefully people will get their letters soon. I, on the other hand, have to wait until the end of next month!:( Good luck!

Anybody hear back from UIC from the late-January - mid February batch of interviewees?

Any word from UIC about the results of the adcom meeting last week? Will calling do any good or are we only allowed to call on Thursdays for status checks?

Checked my mail today and still no word from UIC. I guess their office isn't sending out those letters the Friday after the meeting.

Has anyone received the "hold" e-mail yet?

grrr....

Nothing from UIC today so I guess there's nothing to do but wait till Monday. Last month people got letters on the 10th dated the 7th, and the days in this month line up the same as last, so we should be hearing on Monday. Not like I'm counting the hours till my friendly mailman comes along... ;)