The Off Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No need to justify your attention seeking behavior. We all like to feel important, even on an internet forum.

:smuggrin:

Evidently you do.

Members don't see this ad.

LMAO!

BMBiology: Who told you I am Powerful?

WVUPharm2007: Nobody, you nobody. I wasn't talking about you.

:smuggrin:

sorry...didn't know that transpired and you got your little feelings hurt...

You went thru my posts and that's all you got? I was mocking wvu. Keep searching my posts. I am feeling a bit special now.

I'm sure many people do, and don't want to admit it :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
You went thru my posts and that's all you got? I was mocking wvu. Keep searching my posts. I am feeling a bit special now.

Did you see a quote in my signature that I got from a post you made? :laugh:

I thought it was so funny that I just couldn't resist putting it there :laugh:

sorry wvu, you got caught in a crossfire.

tumbleweed.jpg

Anyone still here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like one of the founding staff members at my school (which is admittedly new) is leaving for a higher position at a BRAND NEW school of pharmacy that opens next year.

Jeeeeez, I see why everyone's freaking out about the "diploma mills," etc. I wonder how many more schools are going to open in the coming years. I'm not a sky-is-falling guy normally, but I'm surprised we're losing someone to a school that won't have students for another year.

Looks like one of the founding staff members at my school (which is admittedly new) is leaving for a higher position at a BRAND NEW school of pharmacy that opens next year.

Jeeeeez, I see why everyone's freaking out about the "diploma mills," etc. I wonder how many more schools are going to open in the coming years. I'm not a sky-is-falling guy normally, but I'm surprised we're losing someone to a school that won't have students for another year.

Ferengi rule of acquisition #21 Never place friendship above profit.

I've heard of a chair of the department leaving to go to another school to be a dean.

Job interview at least?

Actually, unless I screw it up or I befall to more misfortune, my future boss gave me books and subjects to read about. Never gone to an interview and have the guy suggest that I read various books before he hires me...but, hey, that fine...not like I'm doing anything else...

I am. I haven't decided which rally I'm gong to.

If I'm going to Colbert's, I've decided to bring a sign with Betty White on it. I'll give her a Hilter stache, and photoshop in a Nazi salute arm. Write "Betty White is Hitler!" on the bottom.

If I'm going to Stewart's, I think I'm going to bring a sign that reads "All of the words in this slogan are spelled correctly!"

It should be the ****, though. A satirical rally. Bwahahaha.

Anyone else have an exam in the morning?
I did. Biology. I studied all night, and yet there were some questions on the test that I didn't study for. O well. :xf: I hope I did good :(

I am. I haven't decided which rally I'm gong to.

If I'm going to Colbert's, I've decided to bring a sign with Betty White on it. I'll give her a Hilter stache, and photoshop in a Nazi salute arm. Write "Betty White is Hitler!" on the bottom.

If I'm going to Stewart's, I think I'm going to bring a sign that reads "All of the words in this slogan are spelled correctly!"

It should be the ****, though. A satirical rally. Bwahahaha.

So which one did you go to?

this is one of the many memorable threads I started! Thank you. Thank you.

I recently bought an iMac. My question is: why is Apple so fuking stupid? I want to play StarCraft2, but there is no way to turn off the god damn Mouse Acceleration.

Apple is a bunch of fuking elitists who feel like they have made computing and technology simple. Bullshhiiit. They won't let you even get to access full preferences for the mouse. It is: "Hey, we invented mouse acceleration and you are going to use it. We won't give you an easy way to turn that shiit off; because we know what is best for you."

Also, Quick time format is the most antiquated bloated piece of shiit. I am making some films for youtube and using iMovie. What a piece of crap. Quick time is 500 MB big and takes a long time to upload.

I am going back to windows. I am returning this piece of shiit. Windows is able to compress videos to about 20 mb and which only takes a few minutes to upload to youtube.

FUKU apple. die Steve Jobs. DIE!

My cousin told me yesterday night that he owes 14,000$ in credit card debt + 14% interest. Besides temp position, he has not really worked in the last 3 years.

I don't think he will ever be able to pay it off. The sad part is that he probably borrowed that money to treat this girl who was interested in.

My cousin told me yesterday night that he owes 14,000$ in credit card debt + 14% interest. Besides temp position, he has not really worked in the last 3 years.

I don't think he will ever be able to pay it off. The sad part is that he probably borrowed that money to treat this girl who was interested in.

he is a *****

I did a double-take... He was talking about Steve Jobs, then you talked about eating leftovers... My mind went to zombie Owle.

I was trying to change the subject, but speaking of zombies, how about The Walking Dead!? I did not see that coming!

You might have been thinking of zombie owle b/c of my Halloween avatar. :D

I was trying to change the subject, but speaking of zombies, how about The Walking Dead!? I did not see that coming!

I might have to add this to my Hulu list, based on this implied recommendation. ;)

You might have been thinking of zombie owle b/c of my Halloween avatar. :D

Probably so. Also, I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs would taste bad, after this long. Diggin' the santa hat, by the by.

there has been a lot of threads lately about getting out of the pharmacy profession. I am not too surprised. Many people decided to go into pharmacy for financial security and lifestyle. Nothing's wrong with that but when that's no longer the case, what's the point of doing something you don't really like?

the real shocker is how many people are still pouring into the schools. i dont get it. do they just not do their research to realize what a horrible mistake theyre making? do they just think theyre going to be better than everyone else and immune? i dont get it. i imagine theres at least a small percentage of the applicants who have had pharmacy as their lifelong dream, and they still want to pursue...ok, MAYBE.....or if you were going to get handed down a family pharmacy...ok, sure....but the vast majority of these people arent going to be in either category.

if this is the off-topic thread...why can't we talk about something off topic?