The Official 01/30/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since January is nearby, I decided to refine the January MCAT club to it's two dates. For those of you who are taking it on Friday, January 30th, here is the place where you can vent, discuss, and support each other for this upcoming test. Best of luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
how are they going to tell us if the scores are late?

I think I read something about an email if the results are running a few days late...otherwise they are bound to put up some sort of message on their website...

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt they will be late, i really do... I think they'll be out this afternoon.

nothing..:( from 01/31 thread looks like they usually release them in the afternoon. we can relax until then.

add me to the list of new people joining the thread! took on 1/31 but we're all in the same boat at this point...good luck everyone! my stomach is doing funny things:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
lucky...i have to do research all day and do not have internet which means i have to rely on a friend texting me when scores are out

Back to work for me... I keep filling scripts for xanax and I keep thinking how much I need 1

lucky...i have to do research all day and do not have internet which means i have to rely on a friend texting me when scores are out
Hahaha I totally feel for you! My6 computer broke two days ago and now i am wandering around logging on to any campus computer. Also everyone here consider yourselves lucky I am in the UK and its 430 here! my day is soo much longer and worse ive been panicking for a whole 8 hours now!

Just checked for the first time, not up yet. It was a little racking to hit the view scores page, but at this point nothing is going to change my score, so might as well find out the news. Good luck everyone!!!!!

i posted this in the 1/31 forum, but i'm curious...do any of you do the same thing as me and cover up the screen as your opening thx so you can reveal it slowly and it's not such a slap in the face?

last time (august) i saw my scores i was totally unprepared and BAM!

Today's the day :) Good luck everybody! :luck: I know we're all going to do wonderfullllllyyyyy! :thumbup:

I'd like to dedicate these song lyrics to the AAMC Thx website:

"Every breath you take... Every move you make...I'll be watching you"
-Police

"I just can’t get you out of my head
your score is all I think about
I just can’t get you out of my head
Boy it’s more than I dare to think about"
-Kylie Monogue

"One way or another, i'm gonna find ya.
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.
One way or another, i'm gonna win ya.
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.
One way or another, i'm gonna see ya.
I'm gonna meetcha, meetcha, meetcha, meetcha"
-Blondie

Im freaking out!!! The wait is killing me...all my life I have waited for this one moment and I dont know what to think?!?!?!? Lol jk but seriously AAMC should hurry up and post to put us out of our misery :)

i never understood why they couldn't give us our raw score (like you got x right out of 144) on the day of the test?

i never understood why they couldn't give us our raw score (like you got x right out of 144) on the day of the test?

They rank you based on percentile to adjust for the difficulty of the test; a raw score wouldn't be accurate enough I guess.

They rank you based on percentile to accomate to the difficulty of the test; a raw score wouldn't be accurate enough I guess.

yeah I know, but it would give you a good sense of how you did, so you wouldn't have to spend a whole month paralyzed by fear

Because it doesn't matter? And then people would know more about how they score? Idk, AAMC seems real sketch and hush-hush about everything.

Is anyone else scared to be confident? Everytime I think, "Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I thought, I'm sure I did good," I get this sinking feeling in my stomach. If I think that way, then I'll be even more disappointed when I don't do as well as I hoped.

Because it doesn't matter? And then people would know more about how they score? Idk, AAMC seems real sketch and hush-hush about everything.

that could be true. I have a professor that waits forever to release grades so he can fix any errors before students find them out.

i dont want to be a debbie downer but I heard from a friend that scores might be postponed for 2 weeks (no joke)...has anyone else heard about this? I will be pissed if this is the case :(

Is anyone else scared to be confident? Everytime I think, "Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I thought, I'm sure I did good," I get this sinking feeling in my stomach. If I think that way, then I'll be even more disappointed when I don't do as well as I hoped.

This is exactly how I'm feeling right now. I was actually pretty confident after taking the test, but over the past month I have tried to beat myself down so I don't get disappointed with my score. Unfortunately it hasn't worked too well because I still think I did well deep down. With all the mind tricks, I've basically worked myself to the point where I probably will be disappointed. Sigh.

IF I do well, I'm taking all my friends out to Ruth's Chris. I think they're more eager to hear my score than I am. :laugh:
that's absurd. i wish i had one around me. great idea.

me...i'll probably just beat my chest, scream really loud, and go Kevin Garnett on everyone's a**.

lol too slow on the #. i have a class from 2- 3:15 and its seminar style. im gunna be a complete nervous wreck...i need my scores!!:scared:

I can't believe I'm revisiting these parts of the forum. I was a devoted lurker when I was studying for this horrid test. Now I have three friends waiting on their scores from this test date :scared: and I'm starting to get anxious for them. Good luck to you all !!!