The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

This may be a dumb question, but did we all get the same version of the test? Or were there multiple versions distributed to each of the sites across the country?

Don't worry when I report my piss poor score, it will make you feel all better... Saying to yourself "it could be worse, least I didn't get the score that dumb guy got."

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a dumb question, but did we all get the same version of the test? Or were there multiple versions distributed to each of the sites across the country?

Some people had different passages I think but I'm not sure. I don't think everyone's test was the same cuz a lot of people said they had heavy orgo but mine didn't feel that orgo heavy. I think they all came from the same pool of passages but I could be wrong

Don't worry when I report my piss poor score, it will make you feel all better... Saying to yourself "it could be worse, least I didn't get the score that dumb guy got."

Should we take bets on who will do the worst cuz I choose me of we are

The more I think about the exam...the more I feel like ****. I'm trying to study for finals right now and I'm just so unfocused because I can't get the MCAT off my mind.

I hate this! I'm not going to make it over these next 30 days.

Is there any hope we could get our results a little sooner than the May 30 projection? I've heard sometimes they post them up after 3 weeks

I don't think you should even hope for that. It's VERY rare. Everyone normally gets them on the designated day and being that the 28th is one of the most popular dates, I doubt that it'll Get out early

The more I think about the exam...the more I feel like ****. I'm trying to study for finals right now and I'm just so unfocused because I can't get the MCAT off my mind.

I hate this! I'm not going to make it over these next 30 days.

Are you going to apply to MD/PhD this cycle ?

I am really worried about VR. I'm scared I'm getting a 2 or something. Argh. I'd be happy with a 7 or an 8 in VR. The passages weren't bad to comprehend, but the majority of the questions were convoluted!

Overall, I didn't feel like the test was all that bad. Just barely finished the PS. I went back to the questions that I skipped/marked. I finished a question then it took me back to the end section screen. I don't know if I didn't get to the incomplete or just the marked questions because the screen barely appeared before the PS section ended. I'm hoping that I got all of the incomplete questions and just didn't get to review the marked ones. I felt like the VR section was fairly straightforward. BS wasn't too bad either. I remember very little Orgo being on the exam (thank goodness).

Did you guys try on the writing section? Because I barely wrote anything for both prompts and kind of used that section to regroup for the BS section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am really worried about VR. I'm scared I'm getting a 2 or something. Argh. I'd be happy with a 7 or an 8 in VR. The passages weren't bad to comprehend, but the majority of the questions were convoluted!

Same with me man. Seriously, I'd be running naked down the street if I could get a 7 or an 8 on the VR.

And anyone started working on their applications yet? Anyone using interfolio?

Using Interfolio as well. Got 2 LOR's in already! Seems very handy and easy to use. Plus we can reuse it if we have to reapply next year or later, they save your LORs for 3yrs I think.. not saying i'd like to reapply.. but you never know.

Hey did anyone else think PS was physics heavy? I was banking on more Gen Chem because it's my strongest section, and this test thoroughly surprised me at how little Gen Chem I thought was on it. Fml.....

JFK I would be jumping up and down with a 33 no matter how the #s distributed to get to the 33...

With a decent gpa and reqs you will get into a program, even if it was 15 3 15. Maybe just not your top choice program lol

Let's give it up to the ****nut schools who won't recognize my PharmD is superior to a BS. I've been rejected from 5 schools off the ****ing BAT so far.

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

Hey did anyone else think PS was physics heavy? I was banking on more Gen Chem because it's my strongest section, and this test thoroughly surprised me at how little Gen Chem I thought was on it. Fml.....

I did, I didn't mind it, but it was way too calc heavy IMO.

the more I think about it, the more I feel I messed up real bad, I'm driving myself insane :mad:

PFA that sucks, sorry.

I my plan use to be pharm school, I even was accepted to a few schools, but decided its not what I wanted. It sucks because I know your PharmD is 100% then any bs program.

Best of luck man, have you contacted DO schools?

I definitely thought so. But that would be my kind of luck because physics is my weakest area. These 30 days are gonna tick by so slowly...

I just definitely had horrible flashbacks to BS test questions I may have gotten wrong during one of my Upper Bio classes just now...

I spent the last 2 days trying to get past how horribly I probably did on that test...it might be too early to start thinking about retaking but I think I'm going to have to retake. How are people going to study if they are thinking about retaking?

PS was definitely physics heavy. I didn't mind too much b/c I like physics but still, I felt like all the time I spent learning gen chem was totally wasted. :/

Using Interfolio as well. Got 2 LOR's in already! Seems very handy and easy to use. Plus we can reuse it if we have to reapply next year or later, they save your LORs for 3yrs I think.. not saying i'd like to reapply.. but you never know.

yeah, i'm using interfolio.

taking a week off and starting my apps next week

Are you both applying MD and DO? Also, do we have to tell the letter writers to include our AMCAS/AACOMAS ID in their letter once they upload it to interfolio?

Last edited:
I could have sworn when I was leaving the testing center that there was a girl who had a passage onscreen that wasn't on my test, and I think she was taking an MCAT because the guy at the testing center said he was putting all us MCAT people in this one little quiet area together.

PFA that sucks, sorry.

I my plan use to be pharm school, I even was accepted to a few schools, but decided its not what I wanted. It sucks because I know your PharmD is 100% then any bs program.

Best of luck man, have you contacted DO schools?

Nah, not yet. I haven't shadowed any DO's and probably won't have time...though I am at LIJ, maybe I could do a few hours with one and get a small LOR! Meh.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12456915&postcount=1630

Did you just respond to yourself? I'm also applying, but holy **** writing these essays of personal statements and etc is so hard. ****balls.

Also question; you guys are using committee letters...why Interfolio?

Nah, not yet. I haven't shadowed any DO's and probably won't have time...though I am at LIJ, maybe I could do a few hours with one and get a small LOR! Meh.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12456915&postcount=1630

Did you just respond to yourself? I'm also applying, but holy **** writing these essays of personal statements and etc is so hard. ****balls.

Also question; you guys are using committee letters...why Interfolio?

I'm only planning on using it b/c I'm also applying DO, which will make it faster to send those letters.

But I'm saying, isn't a committee letter preferred, so I don't understand the point of Interfolio. My 12 LORs are stored in the school so I can't even access them.

As someone with a 33S who needs to retake because of a 7 on Verbal, no, you wouldn't be happy with that score.

For someone who kept averaging around 6 on Verbal on AAMC FLs and bombed the VR section on Saturday like me, a 7 sounds like not a bad score, at least a 7 is still better than a 5 or a 3, right ?

Hey guys,
Is anyone selling their TBR books on here by any chance now that you guys are done?

Come back on May 30 buddy. Right now this thread is dominated with a post-test depression and an uncertainty about future.

Yes...
IF I didn't completely bomb the MCAT.

Great ! I'll be applying to the program as well, IF my MCAT allows me to :(

I don't think you should even hope for that. It's VERY rare. Everyone normally gets them on the designated day and being that the 28th is one of the most popular dates, I doubt that it'll Get out early

Just curious. How will the format of the score report look like ? are there going to be score breakdown along with percentage of questions correct, percentile, average time for each question, etc, like the AAMC FLs or are there simply and coldly 4 numbers (i.e. composite and subsection) ?

Just curious. How will the format of the score report look like ? are there going to be score breakdown along with percentage of questions correct, percentile, average time for each question, etc, like the AAMC FLs or are there simply and coldly 4 numbers (i.e. composite and subsection) ?

They provide you with the numeric section score and the approximate percentile score. Sadly, you never find out the question breakdown.

Here's hoping for a good curve. That test was tricksy.

I THINK it's just the scaled scores for each section.

But I'm saying, isn't a committee letter preferred, so I don't understand the point of Interfolio. My 12 LORs are stored in the school so I can't even access them.

My school technically has one, but it is so disorganized that it is safe to not do it. A friend of mine tried to ask for a committee letter and an interview last year, but it never happened. She ended up sending the letters individually. I have a great excuse on not using my school's "committee".

when can we register again? I don't think I did so hot so I want to give it another shot in July

I just looked it up to check. I thought that they only gave you te actually numbers for each section then your overall score but it shows a date and allows you to click the date and that breaks down the percentile ranges also. No information is provided about questions wrong/right tho. It's all just pretty basic. The main screen shows test date| VR | PS | WS | BS | TOTAL |. If you click on the link for the date it shows the percentiles.

when can we register again? I don't think I did so hot so I want to give it another shot in July

You can sign up again 24 hours after your test date

Anyone feel like one prep company's problems was best for preparing for the types of questions seen for the 28th? Especially with Physical Sciences being calculation heavy. Best of luck to everyone with the application process! I'll be taking the beastCAT later in May so any pointers would be great!

And are you applying to AACOMAS as well right? If yes, is it similar to AMCAS or are the IDs really need to be attached in AACOMAS?

Was only gonna do MD because I didn't feel like doing an entirely different app, but if my MCAT is <30 :( then I definitely will have to apply DO. Don't really know anything about AACOMAS though.