The OFFICIAL 2005 August MCAT PREDICTION Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IAMS

in the scheme of things
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read the cards and studied the stars,
the MCAT has for me in store :rolleyes: :

PS 11
BS 11
V 10
Total 32-Q :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Usually, I score in the low thirties, but I really didn't like this MCAT-- it felt like I was taking my first diagonistic.

PS: 8
VR:7
BS:11
Writing sample:Q

ARRGGH!! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a horrible MCAT nightmare-- it started out well, but then there was an evil twist. So, in my dream I check the MCAT site and I get a 37Q. I am astounded and happy, but somewhere in the back of my mind I can't help but think that there was a screw up with the computer. Then, I talk to my friend and she gets a 36. I then log on to the MCAT site to show her my score, and a hot pink background appears and my score is changed to a 24Q!! I woke up really angry-- cuz getting a 24Q sucks but at least there's really no roller coaster ride. But to think you're in the 99th percentile and to go to the 46th is harsh. Is anyone else having disturbing MCAT dreams?

bubabugster said:
I had a horrible MCAT nightmare-- it started out well, but then there was an evil twist. So, in my dream I check the MCAT site and I get a 37Q. I am astounded and happy, but somewhere in the back of my mind I can't help but think that there was a screw up with the computer. Then, I talk to my friend and she gets a 36. I then log on to the MCAT site to show her my score, and a hot pink background appears and my score is changed to a 24Q!! I woke up really angry-- cuz getting a 24Q sucks but at least there's really no roller coaster ride. But to think you're in the 99th percentile and to go to the 46th is harsh. Is anyone else having disturbing MCAT dreams?
Well, hopefully you will do good in the actual exam...good luck :) !

:thumbup: Okay, not to get too hokus pokus... Some of us have to get out how we think we did before we find out how we really did do.

There is no way to change the scores, we've had 2 months to dwell on performance, and I guess I've tried more than anyone to put it out of mind, but hey,..

Okay - I'm putting it on the line here, - anyone wanna buy raffle tickets on my score?? We could have a substantial pot if enough people buy in.. Come on, whaddaya say??? :thumbup:

--- OH by they way, Buba, I had a very similar MCAT dream this weekend - I was in an MCAT assembly, they had all the scores on cards, I got a sneak peak of my card and it said 38Q - then it changed on me too... really freaky how these dreams go around...

Aye aye...it's too hard to predict scores...I think to myself, "Wow, what if I actually did okay?" and the next minute, I'm like, "Yeah, right"...so no predictions for me either.

BS = 15
Ps = 15
VR = 15
WS = T

(Oh, did I mention the above prediction was if I was in-fact God )

See my mortal prediction below:

BS = 9
PS = 8
VR = 11
WS = O

I'm being pretty pretentious here, but for my state school I wouldn't at all be ashamed with a 28... here's hoping for the prediction of God though!!!!! :D

WhatUpDoc! said:
BS = 15
Ps = 15
VR = 15
WS = T

(Oh, did I mention the above prediction was if I was in-fact God )

See my mortal prediction below:

BS = 9
PS = 8
VR = 11
WS = O

I'm being pretty pretentious here, but for my state school I wouldn't at all be ashamed with a 28... here's hoping for the prediction of God though!!!!! :D

Wouldn't it be weird if any of these predictions actually were true??

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, I'll play. Nothing can change our scores now.

PS: 7 (I'm praying for 9 here, but I doubt it)
VR: 11
BS: 12
WS: P

Total: 30P

I wasn't gonna post, but then I realized that you're right, ingamina. The scores are already determined and nothing we can say here will change that.

My dream score:
PS: 10
VR: 10
BS: 10
WS: S

However, my realistic predictions are:

PS: 8
VR: 10
BS: 9
WS: at least an R
for a total of 27. I hope I don't get lower than that!

Good luck, guys!

i refuse to predict cuz i dont even know!! i could have gotten from 25-35 thats how up in the air it is im soooooooooooo scared

I had a dream the other night that I got a 25, and the individual sections were 9, 8, and 10. I didn't realize they didn't add up to 25 till after I woke up!

So here's my predictions:
PS: 11
VR: 12
BS: 12
Writing: P
Total: 35P

1 point higher than my last practice test, but I felt pretty good about it *knocks on wood repeatedly*

Predictions:

Psci: 8 (hope I'm wrong on this one)
Bio: 12 (hope I'm right on this one)
Verbal: 11
Writing: Q

Total: 31Q

My hope is that other sections will make up for PSci

Too low to even think about it. Uggggh, and I spent mucho $$ on secondaries too on a gamble. Holding my breath...

Don't be looking for a score over 30, people. I wrecked the curve by cramming the night before. Sorry, guys, it's just my forte.

SearsTower said:
Don't be looking for a score over 30, people. I wrecked the curve by cramming the night before. Sorry, guys, it's just my forte.

lol damn u searstower!!!

ummm...

PS: 12+
VR: 7-10
BS: 12+
WS:<O

I'll retake if VR <8....which is possible...very possible :(

I had a dream I got a 25 B with 9s in all sections. I also didn't realize they didn't add up or that a B wasn't possible til I woke up. I'm too scared to predict anything, though hopefully that dream wasn't a premonition.

lots of people low balling on the PS. i think that's a good sign!!

dream:
P9 V12 B12

thinking I should get:
P7 V11 B11

writing sample:?
I forgot the writing sample scale but I think I am in the middle

cosmo said:
I had a dream I got a 25 B with 9s in all sections. I also didn't realize they didn't add up or that a B wasn't possible til I woke up. I'm too scared to predict anything, though hopefully that dream wasn't a premonition.

Hoping for BS - 11, PS - 11, VR - 12.

Guessing I'll get BS - 10, PS - 10, VR - 11.

Em1 said:
I had a dream the other night that I got a 25, and the individual sections were 9, 8, and 10. I didn't realize they didn't add up to 25 till after I woke up!

HAHAHAH.... that is so funny... :laugh:

I did the vegas thread last MCAT and well I don't remember if it was close to my predicted score... but here I go:

P:8
V:8
B:11
Essay:O

I think that may be close to my real score ... it is close to my average score of all my practice exams (26.6).... so I think/hope that it is true.... :scared:

Good luck guys ...

Sure ill play, its not like i can change it now.

PS- 10
V- 8
BS- 10
essay-P
yes this is low compared to my practice tests however after sitting here worrying for the last 7 weeks it seems my confidence has dwindled. Crap maybe that verbal is a 7, aw hell i havent really been on SDN since the mcat but i have cleared my schedule for all of thursday nite and most of friday.

Damn you guys are really modest. In April, we had people predicting 35+ all over the place.

I am a cowardly and superstitious pre-med so, I stayed away from that thread.

Best of luck to all of you.

Well...seeing you all post predictions made me change my mind about jinxing myself or whatever I said before...I mean, what's done is done, so whatever...here goes nothing:

Dream score:

PS-13
VR-13
BS-13
Writing: R
Total: 39R

Here's what I thought I got when I walked out of the test center:

PS-11
VR-10
BS- ? 7-9 (yep, pretty sure I bombed BS...my head was spinning when I was reading the passages and I couldn't really focus so I kinda blew it [I think]...but who knows? Miracles happen.)
Writing: Q
Total: 28-30Q

What sucks is that even if my prediction is right, it's a pretty ok composite score for my state school, but if I get below an 8 on BS, I gotta retake it in April.

Just a few days left and all of this waiting and uncertainty will be all over.

Next post: Actual MCAT scores (if I'm not too embarassed to post them :oops: )

soon among the SAT, IQ, GPA correlation threads we will see "modestly correlation to MCAT score" threads.

RayhanS1282 said:
Damn you guys are really modest. In April, we had people predicting 35+ all over the place.

I am a cowardly and superstitious pre-med so, I stayed away from that thread.

Best of luck to all of you.

Nice to see so many familiar faces (er... screen names) from this summer.

I remember I felt terrible on August 20th and I posted in some thread about how I was expecting a terrible score. But I've calmed down and I'm thinking I'll be alright.

Hope everything works out for everybody :thumbup:

PS-9
V9-10 screwed up my damn timing forgot to set watch at beginnin =/ never gonna forgive myself for that
BS9-10

Im gonna stay up all nite thursday i already know it if those scores dont come out on thursday nite.

Abe said:
PS-9
V9-10 screwed up my damn timing forgot to set watch at beginnin =/ never gonna forgive myself for that
BS9-10

Im gonna stay up all nite thursday i already know it if those scores dont come out on thursday nite.

you already know what?