The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LONNNG time lurker, first time poster :) And trust me.... being April 8th, I've waited a loooooong time to post. But I just wanted to share with everyone about an acceptance from Northern Illinois University off the wait-list!! (Clinical) Really excited!

But for those of you still on a waitlist--- IT CAN STILL HAPPEN. Trust me, I already had my GRE books out...

Congrats everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to SUNY Albany's doctoral program in counseling psychology. I had been on the wait list since March 18. I am equal parts thrilled and terrified. Offer came via email and I have not yet accepted.

Accepted to SUNY Albany's doctoral program in counseling psychology. I had been on the wait list since March 18. I am equal parts thrilled and terrified. Offer came via email and I have not yet accepted.

HURRAY EMPATHIOSIS!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

congratulations!!!

LONNNG time lurker, first time poster :) And trust me.... being April 8th, I've waited a loooooong time to post. But I just wanted to share with everyone about an acceptance from Northern Illinois University off the wait-list!! (Clinical) Really excited!

But for those of you still on a waitlist--- IT CAN STILL HAPPEN. Trust me, I already had my GRE books out...

Congrats everyone.

Congratulations and Welcome! :hardy:

I've been accepted to IIT clinical psych ph.d program today via phone call after being told I was first on the waitlist! :D:D:D:D:D:D and one more for good luck:D! I'm really excited about the lab and I'm sooo happy to be staying in chicago!

Lol I was denied there. We probably saw each other on interview day. I'm glad you got in, the schools seems really nice. I dont think it was the best place for me, my research interests didn't match up at all.

I also received an acceptance letter from Wright today. This is the only school I applied to (I have to stay in the area and both Wright's reputation and its Berkeley location work well for me). So I am very happy about the news and definitely going there in the fall.

CALLMEBRUCE and RUNNY RABIT, are you accepting?! Would be nice to get to know people from your school in advance.

I have also accepted to attend the Wright in the fall, very excited.

Hi Everyone- I've been a long time lurker (I'd say for about two years now). I have also always wanted to post on this thread and finally I have the chance. I just accepted a position at the Medical/(Clinical) Psychology program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I got in off the waitlist this year. After being waitlisted at all 4 of the schools I interviewed at last year (UAB being one of them)! Things will work out in the end. You just have to realize the end may be farther away then you wish at the time.;)

YAY!!! I couldn't be happier (or more relieved that this process is over!)

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am currently in the process of deciding between two counseling programs: Fordham University and Seton Hall University. I got a great positive impression from both programs at the interviews and in talking with students and faculty there since then. I am just wondering how people have gone about making their decisions. And if anyone can give me information about the schools that would help me out. The problem I have is that both schools seemed great while I was there, but Seton Hall doesn't seem to have much of a reputation no one outside of the school there seems to know anything about them, should that impact my decision? However they give funding, and Fordham does not give as much.

Thank you to anyone who can give me some advice!

I am a first year student at Seton Hall right now, and I really love it. I also had not heard a lot about it before interviewing last year BUT I can assure you that the school has and is continuing to develop a great reputation in the field. It's a relatively new program, which I think is why it's still a little under the radar. But we have quite a national presence (just google Dr. Palmer, the head of the program, for starters) and there is a lot of emphasis on getting us - the students - out there. Huge opportunities for publications and presentations, and great research and clinical opportunities. Everyone I know was able to get funding (in the form of a GA, which pays full tuition plus a stipend). And the environment is very supportive and non-competitive, which really makes the program for me. I would strongly recommend it if you felt a connection!

I can't speak to Fordham, but I did my masters at NYU. Their lack of funding for the PhD was a huge turnoff for me. And I know that a number of people weren't thrilled with the program on the doctoral level. But most of the professors are truly great - I miss working with some of them.

what a wonderful news for you!! congrats!!
I'm so badly hoping to hear same news next year..I'm trying to mail you from private, (this is my first mail in this forum) I wander if you can tell me your gpa and other qualifications. In spesific, I have a 75/100 undergraduate gpa, and 3.67/4.00 graduate gpa. (grading is some weird in my country) do u think ı have a chance for berkeley..ı am still working for toefl and gre..and hoping to get very good scores in order to alleviate the shocking effect of my undergraduate gpa.. whats ur opinion about my chance..and also advices..

I finally made it to the UMass Clinical program. Was on the waitlist. Received email from POI on April 13!!! Any feedback on the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally made it to the UMass Clinical program. Was on the waitlist. Received email from POI on April 13!!! Any feedback on the program?

Congrats!!
Is this UMASS Boston or UMASS Amherst?

Sorry I didn't clarify. It is the UMass Boston Clinical psych. PhD program.

Any feedback on the program will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Off waitlist acceptance this afternoon. Yay! I'm so relieved...:)

I was accepted to the clinical PhD program this afternoon at 4pm eastern time. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow! Talk about them making you sweat!!

CONGRATS!!! :hardy:

I got a voicemail from PGSP at 5:30 tonight offering me admission to the psyd program. It has been an interesting day for me as my family and I put my puppy to rest today so I guess it has been bitter sweet. :)

Hey,
Has anybody heard if Howard has accepted people already? Because their deadline was really late and nobody has mentioned it on here. Or did nobody else apply there? lol

LOL! Everyone says E-M-U, but I actually say it like the bird so this post made me giggle! Anyway, others were correct...it is in fact, Eastern Michigan University. And it's not cold right now! It's 70 degrees. ;)

What's Emu? Like the bird? :p

It's just sinking in! I can't believe that 9 months ago I was freaking out, preparing to take the GRE, obsessing over every last detail of my 12 personal statements, trying to nag (without nagging) my letter writers, then waiting on pins and needles for interview invites (and checking this board WAY too much), freaking out about what to wear, how to do my hair, how to act, then the waiting again, even worse now, and then the joy of acceptances and the agony of decisionmaking, and now, finally, everything is signed and recieved and done and no more tests to take and my suit is in a heap on my floor where it will remain until a week before APA, and IT'S OVER:hardy::love::D:p:thumbup::biglove:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, back to regular life!

some schools are still making offers. given it is after april 15th, they are contacting wayward applicants to find out their final decisions.

My first post, but wanted to send encouragement to you all. I got off a waitlist yesterday (april 16th...gah!:eek:). I couldn't take it since I'm committed elsewhere, but I hope someone else is very happy today! :)
Hang in there! It all works out in the end!

You guys, I am going to Wisconsin-Madison for clinical psych!!! This has been the nuttiest process ever :) Wisconsin-Madison does individual interviews and admissions, and I was being recruited by a brand-new faculty member, so my status there has been hazy for quite a while now. I'm sorry I can't put a specific date on the notifications, because there really hasn't been one real "acceptance" point. But it's all official now, and I'm headed to Madison in the fall!

You guys, I am going to Wisconsin-Madison for clinical psych!!! This has been the nuttiest process ever :) Wisconsin-Madison does individual interviews and admissions, and I was being recruited by a brand-new faculty member, so my status there has been hazy for quite a while now. I'm sorry I can't put a specific date on the notifications, because there really hasn't been one real "acceptance" point. But it's all official now, and I'm headed to Madison in the fall!

Wow! GREAT program! Congrats!

I just stumbled on this forum tonight and really like what I have been reading, so I joined! I ended up accepting a position at Argosy - Dallas, Clinical Psych - it was announced over the phone and by mail. Congratulations to everyone!

I am posting this a little late, but things were up in the air for awhile. I just want to post it as hope for all the future waitlisters out there... On April 15 I was accepted to my top choice school (CU Boulder) because the person who was offered it before me declined the offer late on April 14.
This was after I had already made the decision a few weeks earlier to turn down a good clinical program because it was not the right school for me (not even knowing where I was on the waitlist at Boulder due to an email mix up, and me never receiving the email telling me what position I was in the waitlist.) I felt relieved once I got up the courage to make that choice, so I knew it was the right one for me. I was already prepping for applying next year and planning what I was going to do differently, and then, I got the offer.
Take from this story what you will...
Congrats to everyone who survived the process somewhat mentally/emotionally intact, regardless of acceptance status!

For those who wonder what life is like when applying to programs: sometimes crazy. Who would have thought that on 4/23 the phone would ring with an offer after already receiving a "no thanks" letter several weeks ago.

Hey all--

I've been reading this forum for a while now, but I just now joined as a member. I am officially headed to FDU's Clinical Psych PhD program this fall! :D

I'm so excited! Feel free to message me if you will be in my class!

I can't believe it !

I have been accepted off the waitlist today, April 29th, 2008.

University of La Verne, CA--Clinical PsyD (Community-Health focus)

Oh, my.............I was already making other plans....:luck:

I know that interview invites are still going out and some schools are still harboring our applications and making us wait on pins and needles for an interview but everyday is getting closer and closer to April 15th!

So, I have decided to start the official acceptance thread for 2008! Feel free to post on this or PM me any information regarding official acceptances. Due to this arduos ordeal of applying to gradaute school I have decided to get a cell phone that sends my email directly to me and have instant internet access so I am hoping to be really fast in inputing the information from SDNers to this thread!

I will also be distinguishing between the various programs so everyone from every paradigm within the psychological field can benefit from this thread so PLEASE remember to list your specialty (e.g., clinical, counseling) as well when you received your acceptance and how (snail mail, email, phone call, etc.)

Good luck to everyone :)

*PSY.D. PROGRAMS*
ADLER SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY - Accepted 2/8 via snail mail
ANITOCH UNIVERSITY NEW ENGLAND - Accepted 3/4 via email from admissions director
ANITOCH UNIVERSITY-SEATTLE - Accepted 3/27 via snail mail
ARGOSY DC - Accepted 2/8
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/12 via phone
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF INTEGRAL STUDIES (CIIS) -Accepted 2/26 via snail mail (Clinical)
CASE WESTERN (CW) POST - Clinical Psy.D.
CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE - Accepted 2/29 via snail mail letter, also 4/3 via snail mail
CHICAGO SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY - Accepted 2/5 & 3/6 via snail mail (Clinical)
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/24 via email
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/13 via phone call (School-Community)
IMMACULATA UNIVERSITY - Accepted 2/6 via snail mail (Clinical) also 3/18 via snail mail
INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY - Accepted 4/8 off the waitlist via phone call
INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSLYVANIA - Accepted 3/6 via mass email
LA SALLE - Accepted 2/16 and 2/25 via smail mail (Clinical)
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY-CW POST CAMPUS - Accepted 2/29 via phone call from POI (Clinical)
MARSHALL UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/19
MASSACHUSETTS SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY - Accepted 3/18 via email (Clinical)
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/13 via email also 3/24 via email
PACE UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/13 (School-Clinical Child)
PACIFIC UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/13 via email
PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/13 via email, additional acceptance by phone, another acceptance 3/21 via phone call
PGSP-STANFORD - Multiple calls went out on 2/29, additional acceptance 3/21 via phone call
PGSP-STANFORD - Accepted 4/15 via phone call
ROOSEVELT UNIVERSITY - Accepted around 3/18 via phone call (Clinical)
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/3 (Clinical)
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/10 via email from program secretary (School)
UNIVERSITY OF DENVER - Accepted 3/11 via phone call
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD - Accepted 2/28 via phone call (Child & Adolescent track)
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD - Accepted 2/29 via phone call, letter via snail mail 3/3 (Clinical)
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD - Accepted 4/3
UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS - Accepted 2/26 via snail mail (Clinical)
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH COLORADO - Accepted 2/22 via email (Counseling)
VIRGINIA CONSORTIUM - Accepted 3/3 via phone call from program director
WHEATON COLLEGE - Accepted 2/27 via email from director of admissions (Clinical)
WIDNER UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/1 via snail mail (Clinical)
WRIGHT INSTITUTE - Accepted 3/27 via snail mail and another by checking online status
XAVIER - Accepted via email from admin assistant
YESHIVA - Accepted 3/4 via email (School Clinical Child Track)
YESHIVA - Accepted 3/7 via snail mail (Clinical)

*SCHOOL PSYCH PH.D. PROGRAMS*
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY -Accepted 3/2 via email
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/13
SUNY ALBANY - Accepted 3/5 via phone call from program director
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE- Accepted 2/5 via email from POI
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/4 via checking online status
TULANE UNIVERSITY - Accepted 2/22 via email

*SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY PH.D. PROGRAMS*
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY - Accepted 3/6 via phone call from POI
UNIVERSITY OF DENVER - Accepted 3/6 via phone call from POI (Affective-Social Program)

*WAITLISTED INFORMATION*
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 3/19 via phone call from POI - Clinical Ph.D.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted - Clinical Ph.D.
CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted via email from head of pediatric training
DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted around 3/18 - Clinical Ph.D.
FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - Waitlisted around 3/18 - Clinical Psy.D.
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 2/29 via email from DCT - Clinical Ph.D.
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 3/2 via email from DCT - Clinical Ph.D.
IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 3/7 via email - Clinical Ph.D.
ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (IIT) - Waitlisted 3/12 via phone call from POI
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY-BROOKLYN - Waitlisted around 3/18 via letter - Clinical Ph.D.
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY-CHICAGO - Waitlisted 2/28 via email from secretary - Clinical Ph.D.
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY-MARYLAND - Waitlisted 3/10 via email - Clinical Psy.D.
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY-FEINBERG - Waitlisted 3/12 via phone call
NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 2/28 via email - Clinical Ph.D.
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted Psy.D. program
SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 3/18 via email - Clinical Ph.D.
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-COLLEGE PARK - Waitlisted 2/27 via email from POI - Clinical Ph.D.
UMASS BOSTON - Waitlisted on 3/2 via email from POI & another got an email from DCT on 3/3- Clinical Ph.D.
UNIVERSITY OF LA VERNE - Waitlisted 3/15 via letter - Clinical-Community Psy.D.
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS - Waitlisted 3/10 via phone call from POI - Clinical Ph.D.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA - Waitlisted 1/30 via email from POI - Counseling Ph.D.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA - Waitlisted 2/21 via email - Counseling Ph.D.
USUHS - Waitlisted 3/6 - Clinical Ph.D.
VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY - Waitlisted 2/28 via phone call from POI - Clinical Ph.D.
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY (WVU) - Waitlisted 2/25 via email - Clinical Ph.D.

*THE NEW SCHOOL - Letter 3/17 & 3/19 offering a MA in 12 credits and consideration for the Ph.D.

University of La Verne---Accepted off waitlist on April 29th, 2008--University of La Verne, Clinical PsyD (Community/Health)

I was also accepted to University of La Verne Psy.D. and CIIS Psy.D. I'm making plans to attend ULV. Congrats Psychometric! Looks like we will be in the same cohort.