The OFFICIAL 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've had this offer for a month from the University of Illinois, Chicago as I've waited to hear back from other programs and I just accepted earlier today. I'm excited!!!!!!!! Thank God I never have to go through this process again. Anyone going to UIC's Clinical program, PM me! Let's be friends!

Members don't see this ad.

Just accepted an offer for LaSalle's Psy.D. program, any other new LaSallians out there?

Columbia said they think I'd be best for the Masters program, rather than the PhD so accepted to Columbia's Masters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my offer from Saint Louis University just half an hour ago...finally!

Received my offer from Saint Louis University just half an hour ago...finally!

Congrats! I've heard of offers going out at some unusual times/days, but I think Easter Sunday is a new one :)

Has anyone been offered a spot after being waitlisted? I'm still waiting and would love to know if anyone else has heard!

Thanks!:confused:

I'm still waiting too... hang in there amn! It's not much longer! :)

Accepted at U of Missouri- St. Louis yesterday!!!!:D

Officially invited to the University of Maine. First choice school:):)

Has anyone heard from LIU-Brooklyn or St. John's re: waitlist acceptances? :confused:

This is my April 15th so far....

Accepted to Northern Illinois Univeristy's Clinical PhD Program:love::soexcited:my top choice, my last hope, my dream come true

Got an awesome assistanship at the Masters program I planned on attending at Ball State University, but had to decline..

Got officially rejected from University of North Dakota's PhD program.

All in all....I am so happy!!

(Wow...I'm reading this now, over a year later, and remembering how happy I was that day! Still am!!)

Last edited:
That is AMAZING! Congratulations - you should be so proud! :)
Everything for me was down to the wire as well, so I'm just as excited as you right now! HOORAY!!! :banana:

This is my April 15th so far....

Accepted to Northern Illinois Univeristy's Clinical PhD Program:love::soexcited:my top choice, my last hope, my dream come true

wannabephd: Congrats, I am so happy for you! I mean, about the admittance, not the rejection ;)

Happy April 15th Everyone!!

Woo hoo! this application process is over :) Hopefully I'll see some of you at St. John's next year!

Just received an email today!!! Im off the waitlist and got accepted into La Salle's Psy. D program. YAY :D

Unfortunately, I did not end up getting in. Does anyone have advice on what I should do for the year before applying again next year? I have two years of research experience already, 2 publishings, good grades. Maybe my GREs need improvement? My math was high, but my verbal was a little lower. Does anyone that has been accepted to PhD programs mind sharing about what scores you received? I am trying to look for a different research assistant position. Does anyone know the best places to look in NY, CT, MA, or RI? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks so much!:(

Congrats to all that have been accepted!

I am trying to look for a different research assistant position. Does anyone know the best places to look in NY, CT, MA, or RI? Any feedback would be great

Don't know your exact location but if you are interested in Rockland County NY we have an amazing psychiatric research facility and because of the resent stimulus grants galore are going out and getting funded... 15 miles north of the George Washington Bridge PM me if you need more info I know we will be hiring a new RA very soon... I'm in the geriatric psychiatry dept. and I do a lot of research and clinical with neuropsych testing etc...

Also NYU seems to always have grants and Mt. Sinai

Unfortunately, I did not end up getting in. Does anyone have advice on what I should do for the year before applying again next year? I have two years of research experience already, 2 publishings, good grades. Maybe my GREs need improvement? My math was high, but my verbal was a little lower. Does anyone that has been accepted to PhD programs mind sharing about what scores you received? I am trying to look for a different research assistant position. Does anyone know the best places to look in NY, CT, MA, or RI? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks so much!:(

Congrats to all that have been accepted!

I can speak to RI (see my username ;0) in terms of RA positions. Brown University has a lot of research ties to most of the major hospitals. I don't believe there's any one particular centralized database of RA jobs for Providence, so I would check the lifespan site (this is a conglomerate of like 5 area hospitals). Also check the Brown University employment website and the online job boards of the other schools in the area (PC and URI being the two likeliest to have RA positions in clinical psych). Also check the job boards of hospitals outside of lifespan-- Hospitals that may or may not be included are Butler (general MH inpatient, I believe), Bradley (adolescent MH), Rhode Island Hospital (regular hospital), Miriam (Womens & Infants, and a stellar HIV rx/tx program) and Hasbro Childrens. I know several people who have worked at Bradley hospital in RA positions and loved it-- one applied and got into a number of schools and also is coming back from out of town, now as a graduate student, to work there over the summer.

Also, look into the Brown Med School Psychiatry Division, and the Brown Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies and the Ed and Psych departments at Brown, URI, PC, and other area universities. I know it can be hard to find RA jobs, especially in this economy, but you have to be creative sometimes. Sounds like with your experience you won't have trouble being a competitive applicant for these jobs. PM me if you have any other questions. Best of luck!