The OFFICIAL 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i got the call today too! mine was pretty late, like around 9:30pm, from the professor who i interviewed with and am interested in working for (they don't have a strict mentorship model, but i had mentioned her research in my personal statement)

point is, the person who is calling you might have gotten a late start, so don't lose all hope if you didn't get a call today! best of luck to all.

I was contacted at around 10:30 on thursday morning, but i (not trying to sound stuck up but to be more helpful)think i was the first person she called so i'm not sure if they are still contacting ppl

good luck!

Hello all! I was accepted to the GWU program this morning by email and will be declining the offer today. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered admissions to the PsyD programs at both Indiana University of Pennsylvania and George Washington University today via email around 10:30am EST.

I will be declining both of these offers today and hope I open up a spot for someone else!

Last edited:
I know someone posted about this a few days ago, but has anyone heard back from them yet?

Accepted At:
University of Southern Mississippi (Clinical PhD)
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Clinical PsyD)

Waitlisted At:
Auburn University (Clinical PhD)
Baylor University (Clinical PsyD)

I will be kindly turning down IUP today, so I hope that opens up a slot for someone :)

Has anyone heard from Pepperdine Psy.d yet?? I'm getting worried

I was offered admission this morning via email. Finally! :D

I too received an offer via email. I'm very happy with this, as I thought highly of the program...!!!

Abby510 said:
I know someone posted about this a few days ago, but has anyone heard back from them yet?
I still haven't heard anything from VA Consortium either...I know someone posted that they received a rejection letter shortly after interviewing. I actually wrote an email inquring about my status over a week ago and received no response. I'm thinking of calling tomorrow.

Last edited:
I still haven't heard anything either...I know someone posted that they received a rejection letter shortly after interviewing. I actually wrote an email inquring about my status over a week ago and received no response. I'm thinking of calling tomorrow.[/quote]

Hmm...well I guess no news is good news for now! I am getting anxious, though! If you do end up calling, will you please PM me to let me know what they say?

Hmm...well I guess no news is good news for now! I am getting anxious, though! If you do end up calling, will you please PM me to let me know what they say?

I'll ask if anyone named Abby got into the program...:)

If I end up calling and find out something useful I will PM you ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to University of Tennessee, Knoxville, off the wait-list, I'm pretty sure, although they didn't say that. I didn't even know I was on the wait-list. I had to call and ask my status, apparently my POI had been trying to contact me via email, and I wasn't getting the emails!

got accepted off the wait list at southern illinois child clinical program!!!

still hope for us wait-listers!

can anybody PM me if they are accepting/holding an offer at Eastern Michigan?

thanks!!

Hey has anyone heard from LaSalle Psy.D program yet? I interviewed on like Feb 2nd and they said they mailed out letters last week. Ive been checking the mail twice a day since last Tuesday!

Hey has anyone heard from LaSalle Psy.D program yet? I interviewed on like Feb 2nd and they said they mailed out letters last week. Ive been checking the mail twice a day since last Tuesday!

I got my letter last Friday and I was rejected

Has anyone heard from University of Delaware? Or heard of anyone who's heard?

I'm from University of Delaware, an undergrad. I'm not sure if you have heard back from them but they have already made offers to only 4 applicants out of the 200 that applied.

I got accepted at Nova Southeastern today via e-mail at 2:00 PM

I actually received a letter stating I was waitlisted on Saturday

Accepted into the PsyD at PGSP-Stanford via phone call this afternoon. Feeling excited!:D
... decisions, decisions.

I'm from University of Delaware, an undergrad. I'm not sure if you have heard back from them but they have already made offers to only 4 applicants out of the 200 that applied.

Yeah, I finally heard back today, but really my only complaint is that they sent the rejection email before I got a chance to withdraw my application. Petty, I know, but hey, they get to do lots of rejecting - I only get to do a little!

I have officially accepted a position at DePaul's Clinical Community program.

Information I've garnered so far - The first round of offers have gone out, 12 for the child track and 12 for the general track. Only 6 from each track will be offered funding and the funding decisions will be made next week. They'll go to the alternate list if the 6 spots for each track are not filled by those 12 applicants.

Good luck! Hope to see some of you next year :D

Information I've garnered so far - The first round of offers have gone out, 12 for the child track and 12 for the general track. Only 6 from each track will be offered funding and the funding decisions will be made next week. They'll go to the alternate list if the 6 spots for each track are not filled by those 12 applicants.

I am on the alternate list at SJU and trying to decide whether to hold out for this or accept other offers. Does anyone know what the story is about classes being held at night there? Are ALL classes at night or just on some days?

I am on the alternate list at SJU and trying to decide whether to hold out for this or accept other offers. Does anyone know what the story is about classes being held at night there? Are ALL classes at night or just on some days?

I know most classes are 4:40 - 6:40 or 6:50 - 8:50 PM but there are some day classes. I did the masters there and the classes for the Ph.D and the Masters are pretty much the same. Can I ask how you found out you were on the alternate list?

Thank you for the "insider" information :) I was personally wait-listed and found it very helpful!

I know most classes are 4:40 - 6:40 or 6:50 - 8:50 PM but there are some day classes. I did the masters there and the classes for the Ph.D and the Masters are pretty much the same. Can I ask how you found out you were on the alternate list?

I don't know about that person, but I was emailed.

Got an offer for the clinical child track last Thursday (3/19) and accepted. I'm so excited!!
:biglove:

Releasing offers from UMBC HSP PhD program and New School general psychology MA program. Also releasing a waitlist position at Clark.

To anyone also going to St. John's next year: PM me? Let's be friends! :D

Congratulations to everyone who's done, and good luck to everyone still waiting! The professor I talked to at a program that rejected me said that things are unusually slow this year, so don't be surprised if things really start moving early next month.

If anyone has gotten an offer to SUNY Albany's PhD program in counseling psych and doesn't want to go ... please decline today! I am next on the waitlist and eager to take your spot!!! So don't put it off any longer. Make that call or send that email NOW!! :)

Last edited:
For those of you who were asking, I just got word that initial offers for VCPCP went out weeks ago, shortly after the interviews concluded.

Personally I didn't receive an offer, nor have I been rejected yet, so some of you may be in the same boat...

Thanks for that information - it is really helpful!:) I was emailed by the director today about being on the alternate list.

Yes, most classes are generally held in the evenings although there are several classes in the early afternoon. Supervision can start anywhere between 9am to 4pm... fun times.

Classes are usually held in the evening because faculty have to cater to the undergrad population during the day in terms of teaching/advising/office hours/research. Sucks, but chances are that you'd be at school in the mornings doing your fellowship anyway.

I have heard nothing from SJU after my interview....I emailed the Director asking him if he could tell me if I was on the waitlist and got no response. It looks like waitlisted students recieved emails today... has anyone gotten a rejection from SJU? I figured I would have heard if I was rejected by now and just wanted to know if anyone knows anything. :scared:

I also got the e-mail today about being waitlisted at St. John's.

Accepted to Adelphi today via e-mail! Yay!! :):)

I accepted today at the University of Virginia!!!! So happy to be done with this process!! Good luck to all!!

Got my acceptance letter for PCOM's psyd in clinical! wooo! I'm just glad I don't have to go through with this ever again!:D

Hey! Is anyone out there thinking of declining an offer from the University of Maine? If so, I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to send me a Private Message if you prefer. :)

If anyone has gotten an offer to SUNY Albany's PhD program in counseling psych and doesn't want to go ... please decline today! I am next on the waitlist and eager to take your spot!!! So don't put it off any longer. Make that call or send that email NOW!! :)

Unbelievable! Someone please decline their offer so Empathiosis can go!

Just got waitlisted at SJU.... I had to email my POI.

Just FYI - I was accepted several weeks ago to VA Consortium, but just recently let them know I won't be attending, so I imagine they're still slowly contacting people on the waitlist as decisions from the 1st round are made

For those of you who were asking, I just got word that initial offers for VCPCP went out weeks ago, shortly after the interviews concluded.

Personally I didn't receive an offer, nor have I been rejected yet, so some of you may be in the same boat...

PsyStudent...are you sure Maine has given out acceptances..if so, when did they do it???

I was admitted into the University of North Dakota Clinical PhD off of the waitlist! There is hope, guys!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I was admitted into the University of North Dakota Clinical PhD off of the waitlist! There is hope, guys!

I see your cute little picture so much, I have to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm still waiting to hear from Feinberg-Northwestern, and I'm slowly dying inside...:thumbup:

Thanks, everyone!

Best of luck. I know it's soooo hard to wait, but you never know!

Congrats!!!! I think we've all be routing for you here. It's nice to see everyone so happy. Hopefully I'll be feeling the same way this time next year.