The Official 4/17/2010 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here taking the MCAT in April? I really really only want to face this beast once, but I figure it will still give me some time to retake the exam in the summer just in case. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

This was mentioned in fine print in the "MCAT essentials" required reading prior to the exam. It was easy to miss.

Great input PerKam, because this is always a grey area on the exam. From the bottom of page 4 on the MCAT Essentials:

• "Please note that each multiple-choice section will include some experimental items that do not count toward your score."
There are so many rumors as to what this means exactly, but the point for people to keep in mind is that no matter how you feel following an MCAT, you don't know how the curve will work out and you don't know if some of the questions are going to be tossed out of the data pool.

In other news, AMCAS 2011 is open!!! :D I started filling out some of the basic stuff like schools attended etc. It's really starting to dawn on me that the application cycle has started.

Isn't it a crazy feeling? All that work we've done to get to this point and it all comes down to this. Isn't it a wild feeling entering in all that you've done during your undergraduate career into one application?

Isn't it a crazy feeling? All that work we've done to get to this point and it all comes down to this. Isn't it a wild feeling entering in all that you've done during your undergraduate career into one application?

Its the strangest experience, saying goodbye to everyone has got me done this week, especially weird to think about how you've done that you can't put on the app (for better or for worse)

Members don't see this ad :)
CentralPerKam said:

It's exciting!! Applying a year late in my senior year, I watched a lot of my friends apply last year. Now it's my turn!

I started AMCAS yesterday after my last final... I think I'm going to do it over the month. There's no penalty (timing wise) as long as it gets done by June 1, correct? I don't want to be freaking out about getting it done unnecessarily...

It's exciting!! Applying a year late in my senior year, I watched a lot of my friends apply last year. Now it's my turn!

I agree. A lot of my friends applied two years ago so I am more than ready to apply now. I already filled in the basic info and courses for both AAMCAS and AACOMAS. :D

I agree. A lot of my friends applied two years ago so I am more than ready to apply now. I already filled in the basic info and courses for both AAMCAS and AACOMAS. :D

Same here. Personal statement is about done. Courses & Colleges entered and Transcript request forms faxed. Just waiting on two LOR's from professors I requested back in March. Oh and my MCAT score. less than two weeks!!! :scared:

Just woke up from another MCAT dream/nightmare. Got 13 in PS, 9 in VR, and a 10 in BS ... with a Q in writing, for a grand total of 31Q. Yes, I know, it doesn't add up, but that's the way dreams work. It's a good upgrade from my last dream of PS 11 VR 11 and BS 5 lol.

11 days until the night of many 35+s

Graduation was today!! PS tomorrow!!! hope all of you are fantastically well;)

Last edited:
Thanks! It's about time someone resurrected this thread- We're T-9 days and there hasn't been a post since the 6th.

How's everyone doing?? I can't wait for the 18th!! well, really the 14th. Then I'll be in my homeland :)

Figured out that I will be working on the 18th won't be able to check scores till more like 7 pm PST... torture really those extra 5 hours.... I could check but too afriad of horrid score at work

Members don't see this ad :)
Figured out that I will be working on the 18th won't be able to check scores till more like 7 pm PST... torture really those extra 5 hours.... I could check but too afriad of horrid score at work

I wish I were busy during score release time...Since I'm not, I will probably be checking every 5 minutes (and proceeding to have a mini panic attack every time I check). lol.

Yes, you may be better off without the chance to check every 10 seconds. By the end of the night you feel downright crazy! :laugh:

I think my migraine is due to stressing over the scores. I am praying for a 30+!!!!! Done with exams, need to do something to keep me from checking for scores everyday LOL!!!

guys i feel sick just by thinking about a retake but i'm trying to grow a pair before next week. i just wanted to know what materials you guys used so i can have some fresh stuff to start with. i pretty much burned through most of my kaplan stuff for this one. did anyone use berkley?

oh yeah i also forgot to ask how you all are adding AP classes into the app. from what i could see you can only select ap by choosing one of the college years first (freshman, sophomore etc). selecting highschool was deactivating the ap button.

Last edited:
Just incase:
-Re-use AAMC
-Berkeley for science*** :)
-EK for extra verbal
-PLUS, there are a few very valuable verbal passages in the AAMC guide to the mcat book.

how's everybody holding up? the wait is easily more killer than the studying. i've got 3 finals left with 2 before the grades should come out. nearly impossible to study even though people are right when they say that there's nothing you can do about it anymore.

i guess it's just that i would hate to have to take it again, and I've foolishly been pretty optimistic.

also, the 4/17 MCAT was only offered in a selected group of countries right? was it available in the states?

I just finished my last finals today. I'm glad to have them over with, but now I have no excuse but to concentrate on AMCAS and my PS. :oops:

"also, the 4/17 MCAT was only offered in a selected group of countries right? was it available in the states?"

It was.

T-6 days...

Ahhhhhhh. So freakin' nervous. Done with finals! Our lives literally depend on this. Why do so many people want to be doctors?! Seriously... WTF?!?!

congrats on the end of finals! It's not long now and most of it is weekend time- Go have fun!!

Does anyone have a score prediction? I just have no idea.

T- F.... F... F.. F. FIVEEEEEEEE days.

Well, 5.5

4/17 ------------------------------------------------>:bow:

Last edited:
It's been forever since I've been on this thread! Time is flying though, I can't believe there's only 5 days of waiting left :eek:

I've finished finals and received my grades - I like the results :D... If only my MCAT score can bring the same feeling :xf:

Score prediction:

PS: 5-15
VR: 2-12
BS: 7-15

:laugh: lol I really have no idea whatsoever. Ignorance is bliss, they say!

I've neglected anything related to amcas since the day it opened - have just been enjoying summer and catching up on sleep :sleep:... I really need to get some more shadowing in and begin work on amcas though.

How's everyone else doing?

It's been forever since I've been on this thread! Time is flying though, I can't believe there's only 5 days of waiting left :eek:

I've finished finals and received my grades - I like the results :D... If only my MCAT score can bring the same feeling :xf:

Score prediction:

PS: 5-15
VR: 2-12
BS: 7-15

:laugh: lol I really have no idea whatsoever. Ignorance is bliss, they say!

I've neglected anything related to amcas since the day it opened - have just been enjoying summer and catching up on sleep :sleep:... I really need to get some more shadowing in and begin work on amcas though.

How's everyone else doing?

hahahahaha. that's my prediction too!!!!!!!!! As for shawdowing, I've been in the office and the OR this week. It's been great! So nice when you're not worrying about having enough time to study.

hahahahaha. that's my prediction too!!!!!!!!! As for shawdowing, I've been in the office and the OR this week. It's been great! So nice when you're not worrying about having enough time to study.

Me too. Just shadowed an anesthesiologist. It was really cool to see the procedures. :)

No prediction from me...

been working at a free clinic... no fun procedures for me a lot of directly administering surveys (most fun question what do you consider your sex male... female.... transgender)

I spent about 2 hours, in total, refreshing the score page. The next few days are going to be baaaaad. I'm not shaving until I get my scores. That way people think I'm losing my mind and stop asking me "So did you get your MCAT score yet?"

I spent about 2 hours, in total, refreshing the score page. The next few days are going to be baaaaad. I'm not shaving until I get my scores. That way people think I'm losing my mind and stop asking me "So did you get your MCAT score yet?"
So did you get your MCAT score yet?

5300 is just the limit. It can definitely be less than that but don't make it too short (ie. don't make it like 3000). If it helps, mine's about 4900 and it still needs some editing.

5300 is just the limit. It can definitely be less than that but don't make it too short (ie. don't make it like 3000). If it helps, mine's about 4900 and it still needs some editing.

Thank you! That's about what I guessed.

Wooow. Pre-final edit: 5304 characters. crazy.

Last edited:
Dear MCAT graders,
Please hurry the F up and release scores! We can't wait forever.....
Love,
clhc18

yes please hurry up. I don't know why I want them to hurry and release the scores, but at the same time I don't even wanna login and look.....
anyone else nervous about looking at their scores?

really really really hoping for tears of joy

our thread seems to be the most lackluster when comparing number of replies. i might have to actually repeatedly check to see if my scores are up instead of relying on the brave posters on here to check because of the lack of replies.

anywho, have a bio final today that i've barely studied for because of nerves about the mcat. not to mention studying for a chem final i have on wednesday. this mcat score had better make up for the terrible grades i'm going to get on these finals.

So we probably won't get our scores till tomorrow then? I'm starting to get a bit freaked out about this. I wish classes didn't start back up today.

I keep worrying I accidentally pushed the "void score" button. I'll be a little excited just to see a score.

My scores will be:

Verbal 12
Bio 11
Physical 9
Writing (Q)
=

32Q!

I will be happy with this.

In reality they could be anywhere between "Take Another Year Off, High Likelihood of Depression" (25) and "OMG I Can't Believe It I Am Getting Accepted Somewhere" (35).

nervous... and it has nothing to do with mcat scores. Who woulda thunk it?

"see" y'all manana for the big day

My scores will be:

Verbal 12
Bio 11
Physical 9
Writing (Q)
=

32Q!

I will be happy with this.

In reality they could be anywhere between "Take Another Year Off, High Likelihood of Depression" (25) and "OMG I Can't Believe It I Am Getting Accepted Somewhere" (35).

I quickly glanced at this and for a moment I thought scores were posted ...

PS: 8-12 (so we'll say 9)
VR: 9-13 (so we'll say 10)
BS: 9-13 (so we'll say 10)

That's where I'm at. I hate this waiting. I can't even remember taking the test now. All I know is that I left feeling bad, then felt like maybe it was better than I thought, but now I'm just unsure what to think but assuming it was a bad day for me.

PS: 8-12 (so we'll say 9)
VR: 9-13 (so we'll say 10)
BS: 9-13 (so we'll say 10)

That's where I'm at. I hate this waiting. I can't even remember taking the test now. All I know is that I left feeling bad, then felt like maybe it was better than I thought, but now I'm just unsure what to think but assuming it was a bad day for me.

I felt mixed emotions right afterwards. Like it was really hard but maybe I did ok. Then I convinced myself I did fine. Now I feel like it might not have gone so well. I hardly remember the test either.

My prediction (although I won't be surprised if I am way off):
PS: 11
VR: 10
BS: 10
WS: who knows?

The 4-10-10 test date had their scores released on the scheduled date at around 2:30 p.m. Hopefully they release them on time for us.