The Official 4/29/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXKnight

Better Known as TXK
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think It may be too early for this, but curious to know who's writing on this date. Join this thread and let's share knowledge/experience and blow this test out of the water!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm freaking out. I'm supposed to be writing a lab report that is due in a few hours but I can't stop thinking about my MCAT score....ughhhh................Why must my score be released the week before my final exams? :(

You think that's bad, I have a organic chem final tonight! (I'm actually being serious, for a change).

Last week I decided that I was going to check the score after my exam was over at 8pm. But now I think I'm just gonna check it as soon as it's available.

You think that's bad, I have a organic chem final tonight! (I'm actually being serious, for a change).

Last week I decided that I was going to check the score after my exam was over at 8pm. But now I think I'm just gonna check it as soon as it's available.

That way if you do poorly, you can cram some more before your exam to make sure you make up for the score with your GPA.

If you do well, you can go huh one class won't hurt my cGPA, so you should just show up with a beer in hand and tell the prof that you're going to have a good time.

yeah, that doesn't sound wonderful. Good luck. Haha, I really hope scores will be released at 3pm so we can all focus on the other stuff in our lives.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i know you all know what im asking when i say...

What is your decided method on how to reveal the scores to yourself?

are you that confident where you will simply open the page, wait till it appears and look?

will you slide your fingers from the right to the left, revealing a 0, jumping for joy thinking the next number revealed will be a 3, come to find out its a 2

will you look at your score through AMCAS "standardized tests" tab

i havent decided

MrDedicated said:
so i know you all know what im asking when i say...

What is your decided method on how to reveal the scores to yourself?

are you that confident where you will simply open the page, wait till it appears and look?

will you slide your fingers from the right to the left, revealing a 0, jumping for joy thinking the next number revealed will be a 3, come to find out its a 2

will you look at your score through AMCAS "standardized tests" tab

i havent decided
I thought about doing something ceremonial, like having someone read them out to me in dramatic fashion. It seems kind of silly, though. I'm just going to log in and look.

Think about something else? Like...warm chocolate chip cookies? Like...being in Las Vegas? Like...sheep jumping a fence.

I'm going to think about buffer and titrations, because I've been sitting on SDN rather than STUDYING for my exam.

CRAP.

Got a cup of hot chocolate milk....mmm
Today is the day! The day is today!
The wait is too slow!
It's worse than torture :scared:
I need to know my scores before I submit my application. Hurry the heck up mcat!
I had mcat nightmares all last night! :eek: I dreamed I got a freaking 24, ahhhhh, ooh the pain :(

this is going to be a long day at work. Surprised someone hasn't written a script that just autochecks for the score, kinda like w00t scripts

Members don't see this ad :)
hello guys.....
I AM TRIPPING OUT RIGHT NOW
i didnt know there was this post :D
good luck everyone....this is it.
the test that determines our future....

I wonder if there were different versions of the April 29 MCAT or if it was all the same... ie if we're all being curved against one another?:shrug:

There were definitely at least two versions.

Also, we weren't curved against each other... that's not how the MCAT curving works.

Actually it does, there is a bell curve that is established by most correct to least correct relating to percentile scores. There is no rubric, if everyone missed every question, the guy who gets one right get a 15.

Actually it does, there is a bell curve that is established by most correct to least correct relating to percentile scores. There is no rubric, if everyone missed every question, the guy who gets one right get a 15.

I was under the impression that that curve was determined prior to the test, based on historical MCAT data. I could be wrong, though.

I was under the impression that that curve was determined prior to the test, based on historical MCAT data. I could be wrong, though.
Me too. I've actually read in the official guide to the mcat book that their is no "curve." i think what happens is that the "experimental" questions are all graded from the previous years tests to determine how many students miss/get them (i.e. to figure out which are easy and which are hard). once that is figured out, they construct the new test with those questions (probably using a typical amount of "hard" questions, and a typical amount of "easy" questions to get the bell curve). so...i'm pretty sure they already have the grading set up before any of us even take it.