The Official 4/29/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXKnight

Better Known as TXK
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think It may be too early for this, but curious to know who's writing on this date. Join this thread and let's share knowledge/experience and blow this test out of the water!!

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of in shock right now......my AAMC practice scores were 36-38 and never below a 33 on ANY practice test.

Just got 11/10/10 for a grand spankin total of 31R.

My cGPA is 3.82 in BME and my sGPA is 3.93

Thoughts??

You could retake if you really wanted. If you just want to get in somewhere, you'll get in MD with your score if the rest of your EC's etc are in order.

A friend with similar stats is going to tufts this fall.

Then again, if your practice tests were so much higher, then maybe you got unlucky. In your position, I'd probably retake. You're probably not going to do worse than the 31. Good luck!

Last edited:
I think it's more the fact that people who actually take the time to read up on things thoroughly and interact on this forum are likely to take things more seriously and study harder than your average tester.

and more neurotic (myself included)

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC Practice Exams

#3.) 11-10-12
#4.) 12-10-10
#5.) 12-10-13
#6.) Did Not Take
#7.) 13-10-11
#8.) 12-10-13
#9.) 12-9-13
#10.) 13-10-12
#11.) 12-11-11

Actual 4/29/11

Overall 36O :)

PS- 14
VR- 10
BS- 12

I was surprised by how high my physical science score was and how low my verbal reasoning score was compared to my initial interpretation of how I performed after the test. This was my second time taking the exam...the first time I got a 28N in June of 2009. I didn’t put enough time into studying the first time round and I received a score which reflected my efforts. To everyone not happy with your score stay focused and do not give up on your dream of becoming a physician. You can do this and if you dedicate yourself fully you can obtain the score you desire.

For everyone studying out there I cannot recommend highly enough the Examkracker books and audio. They made all the difference in my studying and helped me to not only learn the basics, but the concepts which make the material relevant. I feel the test has shifted to testing concepts a lot more than raw calculations and having a full understanding of the subjects can make all the difference. Best wishes in the app cycle everybody and I hope to see you on interview days!

seems like everyone is making 30+

Even though I know SDN is not the norm, still can't help but feel inadequate among those who are disappointed with 34s. Siiigh....waiting for the first one to break 40 and ask if he/she should retake!:rolleyes:

Kind of in shock right now......my AAMC practice scores were 36-38 and never below a 33 on ANY practice test.

Just got 11/10/10 for a grand spankin total of 31R.

My cGPA is 3.82 in BME and my sGPA is 3.93

Thoughts??

What do you think caused this anomaly? I don't think you should retake since your GPA is solid enough. Is it worth the risk of getting something lower?

Damn touky!

What do you think caused this anomaly? I don't think you should retake since your GPA is solid enough. Is it worth the risk of getting something lower?

If you've averaged that high, I don't think you're going to do lower if you try. The score was an outlier. It happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actual: 39R. 13 Physical, 14 Verbal, 12 Biological.
(One prior voided exam was subjectively easier.)
Practice test average: 37.3; range 35-41 on 6 practice tests.

I'm happy of course, but dampening my joy is the fact that while my MCAT score is above average at literally every medical school in the country, my GPA is above average at only five of them...

I think someone said they should give you a few extra points for finding an error but I guess you didnt need them. Congrats touky and I wish you the best in the future...although I'm guessing you dont really need luck either!

Hey Touky....Which section was that error in? Is it legal for you to PM me with what the question was?

Last edited:
thanks for the replies, guys. hope you're right. unfortunately i don't have time/moey to log any amazing extracurriculars abroad - i'm a non-trad post-bac trying to make up for mediocre GPA in my undergrad before I started down the pre-med track. wanted to try to make up for it with my mcat score - just didn't expect to score worse than my average. best of luck to everyone - hope applications are kind to you all. i'm sure they will be with so many awesome scores! congrats!

10 PS, 12 VR, 14 BS = 36S

just goes to show you that your FL average isn't EVERYTHING. my average for AAMCs was 33 and for Kaplan tests was around 34-35.

I registered this MCAT only because i felt I had to take one. I barely studied for it (2 days) and did only one practice test (AAMC practice test 3).

My grade is:
BS: 12
PS: 10
VR: 11
Writing: R

Overall, HELL YEAH! :D

35Q (9 VB 12 PS 14BS)

A very pleasant surprise! No retakes for me, regardless of the verbal score which was a little disappointing, and yet I feel I could have done much worse on it...

AAMC FLP's
B P V
5) 12-12-10
7) 10-13-11
8) 13-10-10
10) 13-12-11
11) 13-11-9
AAMC Avg: 34

The problem is I don't know just how much weight is placed on your MCAT. I have a very solid GPA & ECs so I don't know if they'll make up for my less than stellar 31R. I don't care about going to some fancy ivy league, but I would like to stay in CA (w/ my 31, I'd be looking at UCI, UCD, UCLA, Loma Linda and take out UCSF and Stanford).

It's kind of in the range that it's really difficult to say, below a 30 would have been automatic retake, and I would have been happy with 33+. I just can't believe how far off it is from my 36-38 range on practice tests. I just don't know if I have it in me to study again, retake, and wait a month for the score back...

The problem is I don't know just how much weight is placed on your MCAT. I have a very solid GPA & ECs so I don't know if they'll make up for my less than stellar 31R. I don't care about going to some fancy ivy league, but I would like to stay in CA (w/ my 31, I'd be looking at UCI, UCD, UCLA, Loma Linda and take out UCSF and Stanford).

It's kind of in the range that it's really difficult to say, below a 30 would have been automatic retake, and I would have been happy with 33+. I just can't believe how far off it is from my 36-38 range on practice tests. I just don't know if I have it in me to study again, retake, and wait a month for the score back...

It's a great score. I think what will really help you now is having a very STRONG personal statement and LORS. You'll be fine. But if you want to re-take this test, just know if the results aren't as satisfying that you did your best regardless.

Congrats in advance :)!

Self-selection bias; maybe look back and see who posted about taking the test but hasn't posted a score? Granted, that might give you an overestimate.

Possibly; though, more likely than not, others who posted about their impressions may not be aware that the scores have been released (knowing this forum, however, that is highly unlikely), or they have been unable to check them.

given how good the posted scores are, it's hard to believe it comes from the same people complaining about the test difficulty level right afterward (including myself).

I don't know. I think the people on this board are just probably overachievers etc.

I felt pretty nasty about the test after I left and I pulled a score I kind of can't believe. I've rechecked three times to make sure it is still there....

I never was able to take a full length all the way through before test day. I had two family members die in the 3 months before the test, so I was really just hoping to get a score to get me by.

Maybe the difficulty of the test helped those of us that are hustlers, because we didn't give up during the test, and people who really hadn't studied just didn't do so hot at all thereby helping the rest of us.

given how good the posted scores are, it's hard to believe it comes from the same people complaining about the test difficulty level right afterward (including myself).

It was really difficult: while I'm sure I was unduly pessimistic, my impression is still that it was harder than any of the practice tests I took, and harder than the MCAT I voided a year ago. I'm pretty sure we rode the curve to victory here.

Did anyone else not get their scores back?? With anticipation building, I went to the mcatthx and no scores...

11 VR 9 PS 10 BS = 30P

Should I retake? I'm scheduled for July 6th.
I have strong ECs but my GPA is not stellar..
Does being an economically disadvantaged minority help? Or going to a top undergrad?

I really don't want to cram for a month while working on my essays and doing full-time research.. FML

11 VR 9 PS 10 BS = 30P

Should I retake? I'm scheduled for July 6th.
I have strong ECs but my GPA is not stellar..
Does being an economically disadvantaged minority help? Or going to a top undergrad?

I really don't want to cram for a month while working on my essays and doing full-time research.. FML

I'm in the exact same boat as you..Idk what I should do

This was my third time taking the MCAT. I took the test the first time two years ago with very little prep and got a 20m. I took it again last august after a kaplan prep course and got a 27q. I applied to 10 MD and DO schools with that score. After not getting any interview invites going into 2011, I studied for the test again using a mix of aamc tests, kaplan, and EK. I got a 31q this time around. However, I couldn't care less because I interviewed at LECOM-Erie a month ago and received my acceptance last week.

This was my third time taking the MCAT. I took the test the first time two years ago with very little prep and got a 20m. I took it again last august after a kaplan prep course and got a 27q. I applied to 10 MD and DO schools with that score. After not getting any interview invites going into 2011, I studied for the test again using a mix of aamc tests, kaplan, and EK. I got a 31q this time around. However, I couldn't care less because I interviewed at LECOM-Erie a month ago and received my acceptance last week.

Congratulations! Both are great accomplishments. Best of luck.

PS: 12
VR: 9
BS: 12
WS: O

33O!

I feel like it's a freakin miracle. This was the crappiest month of my life, expecting a 6 on verbal. 9 isn't the most ideal but I'll take it. I'd burn my stash of MCAT books if they weren't worth so much :laugh:

Congrats to all!!

39R P:14 V:11 B:14

AAMC3:36
AAMC4: 35
AAMC5: 37
AAMC7: 39
AAMC8: 38
AAMC9: 37
AAMC10: 39
AAMC11: 41

aamc avg was ~ 38. The 41 on 11 the day before the exam was an awesome confidence boost. I'd recommend retaking an easier aamc the day before the exam just as bonus points for your confidence and some practice. Even though I went into the exam feeling confident, I walked out feeling like I got raped. The physical science section was waaaay too chem heavy and the entire bio section felt like a verbal section. Looking back, I really can't believe how close I was to voiding a freakin 39! It goes to show, if you prepared hard you probably shouldn't void your scores and also wait to schedule another exam. Congrats to everyone else, sounds like a lot of people got some unexpected love with their scores.

what are we supposed to do after we get our scores? will they load to amcas automatically or do we have to hit that "release" button? do the schools see the percentages as well?

what are we supposed to do after we get our scores? will they load to amcas automatically or do we have to hit that "release" button? do the schools see the percentages as well?

The scores load to amcas automatically. But you need to release it manually by the 'release button' to TMDSAS or any schools that don't use amcas. :)

10 P 12 V 13 B and a nice Q to round it out. Definitely excited even though this is lower than my practice tests. I'm a little confused about where to apply now though. I feel like I'm not that competitive for really top schools especially with my physical sciences score, but perhaps a little more competitive than most at my state schools. Still this made my day, FINALLY I CAN FORGET ABOUT THE MCAT. :banana:

Meh... 27Q here. FL avg ~ 33.

Flat-out choked in VR, although I hadn't shown very much consistency in that section throughout my FLs. BS was pretty underwhelming as well, especially since that was the section I left with the most confidence.

A big congrats to all who got what they wanted! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! And to those in a situation similar to mine, let's take a deep breath, figure out what the **** we did wrong and kill the test in the summer/fall/whenever you're retaking it.