The Official 8/14/2009 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebillsfan

Unseasoned Veteran
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Get Excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, it must be pretty frustrating to have your verbal drop like that, 8 probably doesn't make the cut in any top schools. Not sure if you were trying to get into a top school or not. I assume you must have been or you wouldn't have retaken.

He got a 9, didn't he? I think he got an 8 last time.

Took the 8am test:

12 - PS
12 - BS
13 - VR
R - Writing
---------------
37R - Total

I'm pretty happy about my result (huge surprise with the VR).

Members don't see this ad :)
I need some serious advice guys...

6/18 : VR 06 PS 11 BS 08 25O
8/14 VR 07 PS 09 BS 09 25O

So if schools take the best of each section, the best you get is a 27.

I have a 3.92 BCMP, research experience, good EC's and great rec's...Do you guys think I have a chance anywhere?????? I've applied to 30 schools already. Any advice or intake is greatly appreciated...

I took the 2 pm test. How come I dont see my scores?
Where do I have to click???
It just says...registration started: continue? and that you are not currently registered for an mcat
WHERE do i go?
can someone give me link to make sure im going to the right place??

2pm here

Retake from April 14th- 9-9-9 : 27S

08-14-09 11-11-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R

33R!!!!!! :love:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I am maybe now going to be a doctor!!!!!!! YES YES YES.

Let this show that you can **** up and come back. Now on to secondaries! Good luck to all and hope to see you at interviews :)

SO HAPPY

1ST TIME 8/15/08:

PS - 11
VR - 6
BS - 8
Writing: N

Cum: 25N

2nd time 8/14/09:

PS - 11
VR - 10
BS - 11
Writing: O

Cum: 32O

Good luck everyone. DONT GIVE UP

Members don't see this ad :)
3/28
VR 10
PS 6
BS 6
WS P
22P

8/14 2 PM
VR 11
PS 8
BS 8
WS Q
27Q

Yeah, I know it is not fabulous but it is a hell of a lot better than my first attempt. I'm applying broadly and praying there is one school out there that will cut me some slack and focus on my GPA and clinical/research experience. Wish it were higher but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Sorry, it must be pretty frustrating to have your verbal drop like that, 8 probably doesn't make the cut in any top schools. Not sure if you were trying to get into a top school or not. I assume you must have been or you wouldn't have retaken.

err...verbal went up..writing went up...bio went up...phys went down..but i was expecting a little higher..sign...

7/24/2007

VR 5
PS 6
BS 8
K 19

8/14/2009

VR 9
PS 7
BS 11

L 27

Not sure if a school will take me with that 7 in PS but Im happy I did better than in my first time. Is it true that they dont take anybody with a section with less than 8?

2pm august 14 mcat
first and final attempt

PS 13
BS 11
VR 8

32Q

:D

im not applying for med school in the states but i am curious with these scores where i would be able to get...

2pm august 14 mcat
first and final attempt

PS 13
BS 11
VR 8

32Q

:D

im not applying for med school in the states but i am curious with these scores where i would be able to get...

if you are out of states Like not IN STATES, it won't get you to any great places...but something like 2.5 tier and 3rd tier..are ok.

33P

12 VR
11 PS
10 BS

It's funny because I thought I did really well on the BS (11+) and really poorly on the PS (like a 8/9 or something)...
just goes to show ya.
This score is about my avg. on the AAMC practice tests, so not complaints here.

took 8 am...i thought i would score higher but im just glad it's over

Physical sciences practice range: 10-12
Verbal practice range: 10-12
Bio practice range: 10-11

real test:
Physical sciences=11
Verbal=10
Bio=9 :(

so 30 overall

Looks like the 8-ball was wrong..blasphemy.. :eek::confused:

VR 10
BS 10
and.... a whopping 7 in PS

Total: 27

Felt pretty bad about PS and I was right. I know I can do much better, and I will slay this beast next time around.:thumbup:.

Congrats to all who got what they wanted!:rolleyes:

Looks like the 8-ball was wrong..blasphemy.. :eek::confused:

VR 10
BS 10
and.... a whopping 7 in PS

Total: 27

Felt pretty bad about PS and I was right. I know I can do much better, and I will slay this beast next time around.:thumbup:.

Congrats to all who got what they wanted!:rolleyes:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I like your style, Dude.

294689_959_avatar.jpg

I'm still so rattled about VR. felt soo confident on the test, was getting 11-14 on the practice tests. i have NEVER gotten a 9 in VR .. wow .. i don't understand.

whatever. i'm happy with my 29S, i guess. i just wish ih ad answered a few more questions right, and gotten a 30S instead =(.

I'm still so rattled about VR. felt soo confident on the test, was getting 11-14 on the practice tests. i have NEVER gotten a 9 in VR .. wow .. i don't understand.

whatever. i'm happy with my 29S, i guess. i just wish ih ad answered a few more questions right, and gotten a 30S instead =(.

Verbal is loaded with quite a few questions that have two plausible answers with one fractionally better for some mystical reason that almost nobody could guess. I'd bet about 3 points of your verbal score is entirely a function of how you guessed on those questions. I scored below my aamc average for verbal but on par in the other sections. I didn't have any trouble with any passages so I can only presume I guessed wrong on most of the 50/50 questions.

I don't get this test... I was relieved by how straightforward and easy the PS seemed and felt that everything I studied hard on BS was there but had a bad feeling about VR... just thought it was hard to follwo and random. Well, VR 10, PS 7, BS 8... 25R. It's honestly about what I expected since I only had about 3 weeks to study after I decided to take the test so virtually no real practice and lots of room to improve in Jan (which I had already planned to take and had started studying for). Just really surprised by how I felt vs how I did... I really thought my PS and BS would be in the 9-10 range or maybe even 11 and my VR would sink me but it literally was exactly the opposite... Oh well, back to the books...

by the way i really felt i tanked physics compared to how i usually feel after doing practice test and i felt i really aced bio (better than any practice test)

and i ended up with 13 physics which is exactly like i did on practice tests (between 12 and 14 mostly) and 11 bio (which is also like practice tests 10\mostly 11s\12)

and an 8 on verbal, well verbal doesnt matter much here so i only did 2 practice tests and i got 9 and 10 on those so 8 is kind of okay.

Hey guys
PS 11
VR 11
BS 13
= 35 R

Wahooo!!!

So glad this is over!! Now the hard part, I just submitted applications and am in the process of being verified!

Guess I'm a bit late to the game, but I just now worked up the courage to check, lol.

34S and probably not retaking. I was hoping for a bit higher, but deep down I had a feeling this is what I would get... call it MCAT sixth sense?

Anyway, congrats to you all for getting through this, and best of luck!