The Official 8/20/2010 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SapphireBlue919

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just rescheduled to this test date from the 5/22! To ensure that it doesn't happen again, I decided to start this thread fairly early!

Fellow 8/20 Testers UNITE! WOOT WOOT!

Members don't see this ad.

Here goes my prediction...

Hoping for

expecting
PS- 9, this would be really low for me but the test had a lot of my weakest subjects on it
VR- 8, who can ever know, it was hard to concentrate so I'll guess low
BS- 7, ran out of time, it was painful

I have work all weekend and 3 tests tuesday so hopefully I can keep my mind off of it. Good luck to everyone! :xf::luck:

I am planning to resist seeing my scores until thursday next week..i got a big test on thursday and if i see my scores on tuesday and if they suck, then i won't be able to do well on the test.
Idk how I am gunna do this but yeah that's the plan.

Good luck guys! Its almost here!!!

The wait is getting unbearable, especially with all the 8/12 and 13-ers finding out yesterday. I go through cycles of convincing myself I have a 20 then ten minutes later I think I may have gotten a 40. It's going to take a lot of beer to make it to Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is getting unbearable, especially with all the 8/12 and 13-ers finding out yesterday. I go through cycles of convincing myself I have a 20 then ten minutes later I think I may have gotten a 40. It's going to take a lot of beer to make it to Tuesday.

when did you take it? 24th????

Edit: Oops just realized 20th, cuz I posted in the wrong thread. Thought I was clicking on the thread for the 12th. My bad. :) Good luck to the 20th people. You all did well I'm sure. :luck:

Ahh!! I'm also really nervous and read the posts from recent mcats score forums.

I've decided that I will not allow one thing to define me. If my score is not good enough and I am not accepted into medical school, then something better is planned for me.

On that note, my predictions for mcats are:
bad curve:
PS: 9
VR: 8
BS: 9
Writing: N
Total: 26N :-(

good curve:
PS: 10
VR: 9
BS: 11
Writing: O
Total: 30O :)
Best of luck to all!!!

I have been looking at this forum for a while but have never posted before. I have been so nervous about my scores lol. I have been looking at all the forums I can find about practice scores vs real scores. I am from Canada and so the least I need is 30+. I wrote last year and go a 29O with my lowest score coming from the physical sciences. I have always been great at verbal reasoning so I decided to take again. Why can't they post the scores early...

This year my practice score average was around a 33 with a 28 being my lowest score and a 37 being the highest (although that was aamc #3). My last two practice tests were 33 and 31 though (aamc #9 and aamc #10). Its hard to say how this test went though, I thought that the physical sciences section was pretty normal besides a couple wacky questions, the verbal felt really good, and the biology might have been horrible (I had everyone of the horrible sections mentioned in the previous pages of this thread). I hope they are experimental lol.

5 brutal days left.....although, today I received some news of a most excellent kind that, to be perfectly honest, now makes me suddenly not care about my score anymore. But we'll see if that's still true on Tuesday lol

I have been looking at this forum for a while but have never posted before. I have been so nervous about my scores lol. I have been looking at all the forums I can find about practice scores vs real scores. I am from Canada and so the least I need is 30+. I wrote last year and go a 29O with my lowest score coming from the physical sciences. I have always been great at verbal reasoning so I decided to take again. Why can't they post the scores early...

This year my practice score average was around a 33 with a 28 being my lowest score and a 37 being the highest (although that was aamc #3). My last two practice tests were 33 and 31 though (aamc #9 and aamc #10). Its hard to say how this test went though, I thought that the physical sciences section was pretty normal besides a couple wacky questions, the verbal felt really good, and the biology might have been horrible (I had everyone of the horrible sections mentioned in the previous pages of this thread). I hope they are experimental lol.

Good luck. Just wanted to say your username rocks. I love Princess Bride. That movie is awesomeness and Mandy Pantinikin or however you spell his name, is awesome in that movie. I can see why he considers that role and not criminal minds or later roles he was in to be his favorite. :D

Good luck. Just wanted to say your username rocks. I love Princess Bride. That movie is awesomeness and Mandy Pantinikin or however you spell his name, is awesome in that movie. I can see why he considers that role and not criminal minds or later roles he was in to be his favorite. :D

Thanks for wishing me luck! The Princess Bride is an amazing movie and it has always been one of my favorites. People always say you killed my father prepare to die when they hear my real name lol.

Thanks for wishing me luck! The Princess Bride is an amazing movie and it has always been one of my favorites. People always say you killed my father prepare to die when they hear my real name lol.

yep. lol. are you saying you share that name in real life too? That's awesomeness. Yes if I'd hear that name that is the first thing that would pop into my head too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance of the scores being released tomorrow (Monday)?

Last week ours and the 13th people's scores were released Tuesday at about 4:20. usually after at least 3:30 PM but between 3:30 and 5PM. Generally up by close to 4:30.

sorry dude. I know I was there at this point last weekend. so I feel your pain.

I am going to be honest and say that I think we have been the most chatty MCAT forum group that I have ever seen. This being said the scores have not even come out yet so there are still a lot of posts to come!

yep. lol. are you saying you share that name in real life too? That's awesomeness. Yes if I'd hear that name that is the first thing that would pop into my head too.

Yes, I do share that name in real life lol. I love that movie. Only a couple days left :scared:

Yes, I do share that name in real life lol. I love that movie. Only a couple days left :scared:

wow that's awesome that you are named the same name as one of the awesomest movie characters ever. :D :D

2 days left for you guys. Good luck guys. I'm sure it will be awesome scores for you all. :)

What time you guys think the scores will be released? 2PM?

I unfortunately have to work that day and my friend (who happens to be refreshing THx every 2 minutes on Tuesday) will text me when the score is up.

My heart will skip a beat when I get that text and run out to the local Starbucks to check my score on laptop. :D Good luck everyone and hope those 3 cruel months will pay off.

Hey I was wondering how long you guys had to wait until your AMCAS application was verified. I know they say that it can take up to 6 weeks but I thought that by September most people would have already submitted theirs. I submitted mine right after our exam and my status still says in line to be reviewed. I'm getting a little worried because I really wanted my application out as soon as my scores became available.

Hey I was wondering how long you guys had to wait until your AMCAS application was verified. I know they say that it can take up to 6 weeks but I thought that by September most people would have already submitted theirs. I submitted mine right after our exam and my status still says in line to be reviewed. I'm getting a little worried because I really wanted my application out as soon as my scores became available.

I did the same exact thing-although i took the exam on the 19th. I am still in line to be reviewed. So you are not alone. I'm just staying calm and not worrying about it so much. Good luck!

wow that's awesome that you are named the same name as one of the awesomest movie characters ever. :D :D

2 days left for you guys. Good luck guys. I'm sure it will be awesome scores for you all. :)

How did you do on the exam?

How did you do on the exam?

Posted in the 8/12/2010 thread cuz that's when I took the test. Got a 29S.

9, 9. 11, S

Last time had a 29Q but with a worse verbal which was the reason for retaking.

Last time from 2008 was

10, 7, 12, Q

So some schools that take best subsections to create a composite score will see it as 31S like GW, BU, and MCW. Hoping that helps.

Someone recently said UCF does such too. Hopefully that's true.

Posted in the 8/12/2010 thread cuz that's when I took the test. Got a 29S.

9, 9. 11, S

Last time had a 29Q but with a worse verbal which was the reason for retaking.

Last time from 2008 was

10, 7, 12, Q

So some schools that take best subsections to create a composite score will see it as 31S like GW, BU, and MCW. Hoping that helps.

Someone recently said UCF does such too. Hopefully that's true.

How did you feel walking out of the test? Did you score around what you had expected? Since you have taken it twice, you might have a good understanding of how the curve works..i am just freaking the f*** out because I felt like crap walking out and cried for 2 days haha.

How did you feel walking out of the test? Did you score around what you had expected? Since you have taken it twice, you might have a good understanding of how the curve works..i am just freaking the f*** out because I felt like crap walking out and cried for 2 days haha.

I felt like wtf on physical and like ok to a degree on bio, then as the days went by I started doubting I did ok and started thinking omg I probably did worse. some days I thought I got a 24 or 25 or 26. Other days I feared getting an 18 or 19 on the test.

But in the end I got 29. My TPR average was 28-29 on TPR tests.

My AAMC tests were 30-38.

so I was within 1 point of my AAMC tests.

I've also come to realize that no matter how many times I've taken this test my score always reflected within 1-2 points of my AAMC test 3 score.

when do the scores come out???
my friend said she received hers for the aug 5 mcat on a monday. . . do you think we'll get them today? if not, does anyone have a slight idea as when tmrw???

when do the scores come out???
my friend said she received hers for the aug 5 mcat on a monday. . . do you think we'll get them today? if not, does anyone have a slight idea as when tmrw???

I got mine last week and it came out on the Tuesday they said it would come out. It came out after 4:20PM but when the July 29th and 30th people got it, it also came the tuesday they said it would but after 3:30PM from what my friend told me.

So usually tuesday between 3:30 and 5pm

So tomorrow for you guys. Good luck.

I didn't think I could get anymore nervous about these scores but I was wrong. Its stupid but I have already been checking the aamc THX website haha. WOW. It will be like Christmas eve when I was six tonight, no sleeping and tomorrow I will see if I got a biiiigggg lump of coal or a nice present hahaha. Either way I am drinking :)

Ps. gujuDoc I only share my last name with that famous movie character.

I didn't think I could get anymore nervous about these scores but I was wrong. Its stupid but I have already been checking the aamc THX website haha. WOW. It will be like Christmas eve when I was six tonight, no sleeping and tomorrow I will see if I got a biiiigggg lump of coal or a nice present hahaha. Either way I am drinking :)

Ps. gujuDoc I only share my last name with that famous movie character.

That's really weird, my friend told me he got his scores back today. I thought if his were out early yours woud be too.

No you just have to keep checking, they will be out sometime tomorrow.

Can't wait!!

People are saying late afternoon, 1500 or 1600 ish EST, if not later. I REALLY hope they're out after my last class tomorrow! I don't know how I'll be able to focus at practice...probably start running into flagpoles and ditches...=/

No you just have to keep checking, they will be out sometime tomorrow.

Can't wait!!

This ^^^^^^^^^^

that is why I had my friend check it for me first. Cuz for the first time I was soooo scared. I've taken the MCAT multiple times unfortunately. But in the past I was able to tell whether I'd done at least 8-10 level in a section and which section was weaker for me or stronger. This was the first time I was soooooooo scared like what the hell is going to happen. That test was harder then any other real MCAT I took and somehow I did well enough. But I'm not lying when I said there were days when I thought I'd be like the person with high averages that got a 17K and other days when I thought i had mid 20s and other days I'd just pray I'd get 29 or above with an increase in verbal. Thankfully the last option is what happened. Got 29 with increase in verbal.

But I'm sure you all will do fine. Most people I saw did how they wanted. There might be a few who didn't but most on SDN did ok. I'm sure you guys will all be in that pile of people that did decently well.

I'v run down my immune system stressing over this... I'm not functional and sick and def. not doing Biochem lab report.

My plan: As soon as someone says the score is up on here, I'll tell my hubby to check on his phone, then inform me only if it's within the range I want. If not, I'm taking a sleeping pill, and knocking out for umpteenth hours. :eek:

Good luck everyone. I truly mean it. I hope there are no horrible surprises in scores; it's not good for anyone, and I certainly wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

Last edited:
I can't decide if I want to cover the screen and look at each score one by one, look at the final score first, or just look at it all at once :laugh:

i dont think i can do that. blunt force for me. i have class from 10 to 445 straight central, so i hope i dont break down/start screaming in the middle :p

I am going to do the one by one method but I will be checking during my orientation. Let us hope the scores are good :xf: Dont want to freak out in public

So I'm pretty sure I failed my animal phys test today. For half the time, I could only think about getting my scores later, and for the other half I had a Lady Gaga song stuck in my head.

I can't get little orphan Annie singing "the sun will come out tomorrow" out of my head. I have two tests today and all I can think is, if I failed the mcat, it doesnt matter if I fail these exams.. It will be nice to make some goals and get on with life after getting my scores today, regardless of what they are. :xf: