The Official 8/4/12 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mehd School

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's in? I just rescheduled from June 21st. I've been studying off and on since late march, but really started to kick it in about three weeks ago. Applying DO this cycle.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

5/24 retaker here. 28Q... One month of practice.
Need a 33+ to be competitive. In other words, I need a miracle.

You got a 28 after one month of study?

Dude you'll be fine. You've got 5+ weeks. It's not uncommon for people to raise their base score 6+ points in three weeks.

Now if you hit that 28 after 6 months of study you'd probably need miracle. :laugh:

Going to make a brief schedule I intend to adhere to to finish my content review.

Today: Finish Thermochemistry
Friday: Electromagnetism
Saturday: Kinetics and Cardiovascular
Sunday: Circuits
Monday: Electrochemistry and Muscle/Bone/Skin
Tuesday: Light and Optics
Wednesday: AAMC 3!

Anybody else work? Man, I've been working 30+ hours per week this entire time. I don't get home until like 7pm, and man I don't feel like cracking a book then. Tomorrow I work 10a-7p, and I have a feeling Electromagnetism is going to molest me. /complaint

Looks like we are on very similar schedules dude. I am taking AAMC 3 on Thursday. I will still have some chapters of Orgo to do but I will fit those in the first 2 weeks of July. I will be taking a practice exam (TBR 1-3 and all AAMC's) every couple of days until August 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those applying this cycle. How are your other stats? Kinda freaking out with average stats and a 'late' app. Oh well, I delayed because I only want to take this thing 1 time!

Looks like we are on very similar schedules dude. I am taking AAMC 3 on Thursday. I will still have some chapters of Orgo to do but I will fit those in the first 2 weeks of July. I will be taking a practice exam (TBR 1-3 and all AAMC's) every couple of days until August 1st.

Yeah we're pretty evened out. July is going to be the home stretch, and hopefully very rewarding. I'm essentially going to take a test and spend the following 2 days reviewing and mastering any content I'm not 100% on. I'm going to finish up TBR passages at this time, as well as finish EK 1001, exhaust Kaplan online resources, and Audio Osmosis. I have no excuse to get below a 30 on this. I have acquired almost every major means to study for this damned thing.

Full length tentative schedule:

AAMC 3 - 7/4
AAMC 4 - 7/8
AAMC 5 - 7/11
AAMC 7 - 7/15
AAMC 8 - 7/18
AAMC 9 - 7/22
AAMC 10-7/25
AAMC 11-7/29

Or something like that. I also have access to all of the Kaplan full lengths, but I've taken 1-3 and didn't care for them too much. I haven't taken any AAMC yet though.

It would be really sweet to take my last full length 6 days before the test date so I can unwind a little bit. More realistically I'll probably do it 3 (or so) days before the final date, that way I don't lose any stamina in a week off.

Those applying this cycle. How are your other stats? Kinda freaking out with average stats and a 'late' app. Oh well, I delayed because I only want to take this thing 1 time!

I only have a 3.25 both cumulative and science. I truly wish I was average. I'm applying only DO this cycle, and if my MCAT is where I feel it can be, I think I'll be alright (A+ ec's, A+ references, and a pretty strong letter).

I'll be taking it for the first (and hopefully only as the university I'm trying for is cumulative) on 8/4.

After a 1.5 week EK prep course in May with no studying prior, I got my score up to a 30 on the practice exam I took to end the course. After reviewing that, I made a list of stuff I did poorly on (mostly chem 2 stuff) and made camp in my organic chem professor's office and made him explain it all :laugh:

I've been slacking this past month since I've been in the process of moving and everything, but I'll be firing everything up this month with access to AAMC tests 3-11 and a bunch of Kaplans. I think I'm just going to go through them section by section and review afterwards and see where I'm weak. I feel like that is the way to go.

4.0 sGPA with 3.97 cGPA
My ECs look great
My degree is actually music education, and variety always helps

Verbal reasoning has been my highest section on both of the practice exams I've taken, and I don't feel like I'll have a difficult time raising my score a little more.

I'm starting to get a little nervous, but with my success with just 1.5 weeks studying, I like my chances. Here's to wishing myself and everyone else (well, everyone insofar as to not be enough to make the average super high) good luck :D!

:luck::xf::luck:

Just finished the Electromagnetism chapter of TBR. When I say finished, I mean I just read it for the first time. I'll do passages this afternoon. It is a much more quality chapter than EK has on the same topic. I haven't taken Physics 2 yet, and TBR explained it in a much more sensible way.

I feel pretty decent conceptually on it, except for Lenz's law. I have that memorized, but need to grasp a more intuitive feel for it.

So I've neglected my friends pretty hard over the past two months or so, and they understand for the most part. Last night, however, the drug me out of my house and took me downtown.

....And proceeded to get me absolutely trashed. So I've been sleeping that off today, and have effectively fallen behind my schedule. Damn it. :laugh:

So I've neglected my friends pretty hard over the past two months or so, and they understand for the most part. Last night, however, the drug me out of my house and took me downtown.

....And proceeded to get me absolutely trashed. So I've been sleeping that off today, and have effectively fallen behind my schedule. Damn it. :laugh:

if anything, this 1 day break will rejuvenate your mind and you will actually find yourself doing better :p

Well, tomorrow I finish my content review for the most part. I'm going to devote some time to organic and finish up bio, but AAMC 3 is Wednesday. I really hope I do ok on it. I've done pretty poorly in the past with Kaplan, but apparently AAMC's curve is way harder.

We'll see...

Well, tomorrow I finish my content review for the most part. I'm going to devote some time to organic and finish up bio, but AAMC 3 is Wednesday. I really hope I do ok on it. I've done pretty poorly in the past with Kaplan, but apparently AAMC's curve is way harder.

We'll see...

Um, sh**.

That 7/7/7 I got on Kaplan FL 2 would have been a 6/5/6 on AAMC 3's scoring scale. :eek:

I think a 24 is a bit optimistic for AAMC 3 score... :scared:

Welp, the verdict is in.

6/7/7 - 20 composite.

As horrible as this looks, I'm not too worried. My biggest struggle with this was ENDURANCE.

I was totally burnt out by the 2nd verbal reasoning passage. I couldn't even see my laptop clearly after that. I finished the BS section with 35 minutes to spare, and wasn't even about to go back and check.

I'm not trying to make excuses here, just general feelings. Going to review the hell out of it, and hope I feel better next time. I got two passages in PS that are my extreme weak areas. I essentially gave up 1/2 way through BS.

Time to fix the mistakes, I guess. Chin is up, and I'm going to get after it. This score isn't at all a good indicator of my knowledge base, in my opinion.

I just finished AAMC 3 as well. How much do scores go up by in the last month for most people do you know?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just briefly looked over the correct answer, and it's apparent where I mentally checked out. It was either hot or cold. One passage I'd get 5/6 the next I'd get 4/5 then the following passage I'd get 1/6.

I actually missed an entire passage worth of questions in VR, which I've never done before haha.

Happy fourth. :rolleyes:

I just finished AAMC 3 as well. How much does scores go up by in the last month for most people do you know?

Mind posting up your score? I won't be embarrassed that you beat mine horribly.

I think it really depends. I've seen some people jump 3 points just after their first test. Since I feel my score wasn't reflective of knowledge issues as much as exhaustion, I hope that my score jumps. Going to spend a week reviewing and working on endurance and will take AAMC 4.

Sound, which always seems to elude me, netted 4/5 right on that practice. :laugh:

I though the VR passages were much different than examkrackers. I felt myself thinking and inferring much less and referring to the passage for exact verbage much more. Will have to work on this, I guess.

I'm taking the exam on this test date and thought I would join you. I took my first test a week ago, AAMC 3- 25 (7/9/9)

I took another one on Monday (AAMC 4) and got a 27. (10 :D /8 :mad:/ 9 :confused:)

---------

Honestly, I feel like a month is enough to raise my score at least 5-6 points

Physics is a weakness in physical sciences (so I'm going to keep doing passages and reviewing them) Organic is a weakness in bio..

Weakness really is in the content of these two subjects for me so I will hopefully cross that hurdle and take my physical sciences score and bio score higher. :xf:

Welp, the verdict is in.

6/7/7 - 20 composite.

As horrible as this looks, I'm not too worried. My biggest struggle with this was ENDURANCE.

I was totally burnt out by the 2nd verbal reasoning passage. I couldn't even see my laptop clearly after that. I finished the BS section with 35 minutes to spare, and wasn't even about to go back and check.

I'm not trying to make excuses here, just general feelings. Going to review the hell out of it, and hope I feel better next time. I got two passages in PS that are my extreme weak areas. I essentially gave up 1/2 way through BS.

Time to fix the mistakes, I guess. Chin is up, and I'm going to get after it. This score isn't at all a good indicator of my knowledge base, in my opinion.

Aw dude, I think yeah endurance is a HUGE part of the exam. But by the end of it you will feel so happy you practiced. I recommend picking up the 1001 series if you haven't and practicing your weak sections for physics/chem.

Keep chugging and doing passages for bio/verbal and it should really help.

Mind posting up your score? I won't be embarrassed that you beat mine horribly.

I think it really depends. I've seen some people jump 3 points just after their first test. Since I feel my score wasn't reflective of knowledge issues as much as exhaustion, I hope that my score jumps. Going to spend a week reviewing and working on endurance and will take AAMC 4.

Sound, which always seems to elude me, netted 4/5 right on that practice. :laugh:

I though the VR passages were much different than examkrackers. I felt myself thinking and inferring much less and referring to the passage for exact verbage much more. Will have to work on this, I guess.

I got a 10/10/8. I will review tomorrow but I randomly guessed on the last 4 discrete questions on PS because I ran out of time. And I found myself losing concentration during Bio, I think I made a bunch of careless errors.

I just finished AAMC 3 as well. How much do scores go up by in the last month for most people do you know?

Lurking around this forum it seems that it depends on the person. I feel that though if you keep working on your weak areas then there should be a bigger improvement in your scores. Verbal may not increase as much as the sciences.

Aw dude, I think yeah endurance is a HUGE part of the exam. But by the end of it you will feel so happy you practiced. I recommend picking up the 1001 series if you haven't and practicing your weak sections for physics/chem.

Keep chugging and doing passages for bio/verbal and it should really help.

Thanks man. I actually already have the 1001 series except for Bio. This is going to be a huge week for me. I'm taking Friday off, but the rest of the time will be spent reviewing and getting my endurance up.

I got a 10/10/8. I will review tomorrow but I randomly guessed on the last 4 discrete questions on PS because I ran out of time. And I found myself losing concentration during Bio, I think I made a bunch of careless errors.

Awesome score man. I hear you on the concentration thing.

One month to go folks.

Thanks man. I actually already have the 1001 series except for Bio. This is going to be a huge week for me. I'm taking Friday off, but the rest of the time will be spent reviewing and getting my endurance up.

Awesome score man. I hear you on the concentration thing.

One month to go folks.

:scared: I'm nervous for this last month, good luck to us all. :thumbup:

:scared: I'm nervous for this last month, good luck to us all. :thumbup:

We're going to need it. :oops:

Yesterday was a pretty big wake up call. I'm going to have to curve my strategies a little bit to suit the need of the aamc's. Started reviewing the FL this morning and I've already noticed a couple things I'm going to change. I missed 4/5 questions on a subject matter that I ace (titrations) all because I didn't refer to the passage where necessary. I had time to finish the entire test and completely check over it once, so there's room for improvement here.

I'll tell you one thing, though. I'm hungry now. A couple of weeks ago I wanted to do well, but now I need it. Motivation is at an all time high, out of necessity. Everything is taking a back seat until August 5th.

Lets get it. :thumbup:

I mapped out everything I got wrong (sans VR) today.

It appears I'm definitely not using the passage to my advantage in BS. It seemed that if I didn't immediately know an answer I guessed without referring to the passage. I will admit that I was pretty burnt out and finished with like 35 minutes left.

Physical science was similar. A lot of times I thought it was a "wtf" kind of question, when in reality the answer was hiding in the passage the whole time. I'm going to try a new philosophy in P.S. for my next full length: "If you've never heard of it, it's probably in the passage somewhere."

Although my score is in the toilet, my raw number improved from the last full length I took. I think I scored at least 4 more correct in each section except for VR.

Tomorrow is my day off, then on Saturday I'm going to begin going through every wrong/guessed question from yesterday's test and jotting it down to work through it until I 100% understand it, as well as starting to finish tbr last 1/3. Going to pound some weak spots as well.

I see some long days in my future.

Does anyone know of a better prep class to take than Kaplan? I've read some good things about TPR, just wondering what anyone else thinks.

Do you try and follow the EK advice precisely? I've read EK VR book, but not any Kaplan stuff yet, but I've heard its fairly different.

Are you taking your exam August 4th?

Haha I rescheduled from June 21 too! Not by choice, but oh well.
Done everything now, going to be reviewing and using AAMC tests from last year as review this week.

Hardcoring verballllll.

Does anyone know of a better prep class to take than Kaplan? I've read some good things about TPR, just wondering what anyone else thinks.

I haven't taken the TPR prep course but I love their books! I like how they don't have silly distracting jokes (unlike Kaplan's - which I borrowed from a friend). I think it's more filled with information in a way that I can absorb, very textbook like and I appreciate that.

I'm also using the Science Workbook which I feel helps quite a bit.

I haven't taken either Kaplan or Princeton, just self-study, but I like the organization and the books from TPR more.

I mapped out everything I got wrong (sans VR) today.

It appears I'm definitely not using the passage to my advantage in BS. It seemed that if I didn't immediately know an answer I guessed without referring to the passage. I will admit that I was pretty burnt out and finished with like 35 minutes left.

Physical science was similar. A lot of times I thought it was a "wtf" kind of question, when in reality the answer was hiding in the passage the whole time. I'm going to try a new philosophy in P.S. for my next full length: "If you've never heard of it, it's probably in the passage somewhere."

Although my score is in the toilet, my raw number improved from the last full length I took. I think I scored at least 4 more correct in each section except for VR.

Tomorrow is my day off, then on Saturday I'm going to begin going through every wrong/guessed question from yesterday's test and jotting it down to work through it until I 100% understand it, as well as starting to finish tbr last 1/3. Going to pound some weak spots as well.

I see some long days in my future.

At least you realize where you're going wrong and that's really the key to how to use these exams. :)

Funny thing about the MCAT seems to be that content helps, but if you don't rely on the passage then you're not going to score high. I think the consensus seems to be that the exam is very passage based (esp for bio).

A strategy that really helps me is to map out the paragraphs and get the main point of each and then the passage as a whole. It takes a little time but I breeze through the questions this way (of course sometimes having to refer to graphs and such).

Not that I'm doing awesomely well or anything but I know that's mostly due to gaps in content which I'm trying to fix :oops:

I'm retaking Aug 3! I actually have a study plan in place and bought 6 of the aamc exams and the exam crackers book so hopefully it turns out better than my 1 week study plan for the 5/31 test lol (got a 27O :-/)

Put in a solid 5 hours today and yesterday.

Finished reviewing AAMC 3 and I see my faults. On the road to fixing them. Spent a total of about 8 hours to review the damn thing.

Doing the last 1/3rd of TBR, and it went decent for the most part.

Orgo 1 - 74%
Phys 1 - 80%
Bio 1 - 40% - WOOF! The bio book is a real killer. I think it's going to be great practice though.
Chem 1 - 78%

Did a timed 4 passage run on EK 101 and netted 16/20 (~10) at exactly 7 minutes per passage.

Taking AAMC 4 on Wedensday, and before then I have some holes to fill in my content knowledge.

How did everybody else's weekend go?

I guess I'm the only one sweating it in here. :laugh:

TBR biology passages are making me their bitch.

TBR 1/3rds

Orgo 2 - 57% (not bad considering this was IR/NMR and I forgot all the values)
Bio 2 - 19% (I slacked in the last part of EK Bio content...and it's showing)
Chem 2 - 60%
Phys 2 - 53% (Forgot much of the angular/circular math and relationships)

VR - 18/20 - 90% (~12) - Very pleased with this. Did 4 passages, set the timer for 28 minutes, and even had 2:20 to spare.

Really need to digest a bunch of physio content, and the tbr passages are hitting me where it hurts. Going to work on Sound, Circuits, Optics, Electrochem, Circulatory System, and Isomers heavily between the rest of today and tomorrow. AAMC 4 on Wednesday.

i havent taken a full length since my last real test on 5/19. gonna take one of the kaplan ones tomorrow because i only have like 2 more aamc. havent really been doing the sciences as much as verbal, but in my opinion sciences are normally a breeze for me. ill let you guys know what test i took and how it was tomorrow.

I just got pwned by TBR CBT 1

I've read on here that the first couple are killer, then people seem to destroy the later set.

If they have the same difficulty as their passages, I would be raped.

The only thing I don't love about the passages for TBR is that for a good deal of the passages you don't even need to read a single sentence to be able to answer 80% of the questions. This isn't what I've been experiencing with aamc, however...

I recently took 7/6 exam. I didn't finish verbal and because I knew going in that I wasn't doing well in that section, I voided. Just signed up for this test date last night, and am trying to work on VR while continuing passages in PS/BS. Good luck everyone!

I recently took 7/6 exam. I didn't finish verbal and because I knew going in that I wasn't doing well in that section, I voided. Just signed up for this test date last night, and am trying to work on VR while continuing passages in PS/BS. Good luck everyone!

Good luck studying VR. Verbal is actually my strong suit while the Sciences need some definite polishing.

Any advice to someone who hasn't sat for the official test yet? Like, PS is calculation heavy, BS passages were crazy long etc.

Good luck studying VR. Verbal is actually my strong suit while the Sciences need some definite polishing.

Any advice to someone who hasn't sat for the official test yet? Like, PS is calculation heavy, BS passages were crazy long etc.

real tests are like full lengths

Being the same author, I figured as such.

I was looking for a bit more detail, like "Reminded me of 11" etc.

i have already taken the real deal once, and there really isnt a difference between practice tests and the real thing, except maybe your feelings change cause it actually counts. i walked in thinking that it would be pretty much exactly like the practice tests, and it was (except, you know, they have to ask different questions). i walked out saying to everyone that it was exactly as i suspected (minus the bio with questions that made you think a little bit more, but thats because i wasnt as familiar with that material as i was with say the physical stuff).

Im taking the exam on this day as well. Starting to freak out, don't feel ready...

I'm silently freaking out inside too. A little voice in my head keeps saying "There's always January..." but damn it, I've worked too hard to throw in the towel now. I know a good deal of the content. Sure, there are areas in which I must improve, but I have plenty of time to do that.

Taking aamc 4 when I get home from work today. Hopefully that doesn't completely wreck my confidence. I'm really trying to stay positive...

i have already taken the real deal once, and there really isnt a difference between practice tests and the real thing, except maybe your feelings change cause it actually counts. i walked in thinking that it would be pretty much exactly like the practice tests, and it was (except, you know, they have to ask different questions). i walked out saying to everyone that it was exactly as i suspected (minus the bio with questions that made you think a little bit more, but thats because i wasnt as familiar with that material as i was with say the physical stuff).

Awesome, thanks for this info. :thumbup:

My PS section wasn't calculations heavy. More manipulate the equation to get the correct units. They did sneak an pseudo-orgo passage in the PS section, which was weird but it wasn't bad. Also, one of the questions didn't seem like they had the answer in the choices. I didn't think it was bad at all, but we may have been lucky. BS had 4 experimental passages where if you understood it, then you could get all the answers correct. It wasn't as hard as AAMC 10. They hit us with 2 orgo passages at the end. The first was doable and the 2nd was doable with more time, but they expected us to take too many steps to get the product. Instead of giving us structures they gave us names, so I used my best educated guesses on that passage.

I didn't take AAMC 11, so I can't compare. Also, studying for BS content didn't seem very useful considering most of the passages were experimental.

Any tips for VR? I'm really struggle. I have tried EK, Kaplan and TPRH strategies.

My PS section wasn't calculations heavy. More manipulate the equation to get the correct units. They did sneak an pseudo-orgo passage in the PS section, which was weird but it wasn't bad. Also, one of the questions didn't seem like they had the answer in the choices. I didn't think it was bad at all, but we may have been lucky. BS had 4 experimental passages where if you understood it, then you could get all the answers correct. It wasn't as hard as AAMC 10. They hit us with 2 orgo passages at the end. The first was doable and the 2nd was doable with more time, but they expected us to take too many steps to get the product. Instead of giving us structures they gave us names, so I used my best educated guesses on that passage.

I didn't take AAMC 11, so I can't compare. Also, studying for BS content didn't seem very useful considering most of the passages were experimental.

Any tips for VR? I'm really struggle. I have tried EK, Kaplan and TPRH strategies.

Alot of people have been saying the real thing is similar to AAMC 11... does that mean there is less orgo on 11 and more biochem/genetics on 11?

Alot of people have been saying the real thing is similar to AAMC 11... does that mean there is less orgo on 11 and more biochem/genetics on 11?

Go in that thread and ask someone who actually used all the AAMC tests how similar. I know someone in that thread said that the test felt more like the earlier ones to them.

I'm in quite a dilemma now.

Just finished aamc 4 - 7/7/5.

I've taken like 5 full lengths in the past year and never scored worse than a 7 in the biology section. This is bad folks. Real bad.

My focus and stamina was seemingly better. I felt relatively lost during the bio section, though. I'm royally pissed about VR. I can crack a 11 or 12 in EK with minutes to spare, and have been doing so consistently. I'm starting to feel that I can't recommend EK VR 101, as the passages seem MUCH more concise and easy to follow.

I'm exploring some options at this point. I'm thinking about taking and voiding, or canceling and writing the test in January. Either of these options are going to be severely disappointing if I have to go that route, as I've been working extremely hard. Also, it will be a lot harder to find study time between August and January as opposed to now. I was also planning on applying this cycle - that won't happen with a January test.

Here's my short term plans: Study my ass off over the course of this next week. Capitalize on my weaknesses, and address all of them. It appears I have a serious content problem.

I'm going to take aamc 5 next week, and if I don't make a significant gain, that's it for now. I'm not going to waste any more aamc materials.

Sorry to be a downer. I truly feel that the BS section was a fluke this time. I feel confident that eventually I can get my VR score in the 11 range. I'm starting to seriously doubt if I can pull the sciences up to near 10 in three weeks though.

Can anybody pose some insight?

DocFelt, you may need a couple days break to refresh. EK 101 didn't help me at all. I have been using TPRH VR and miss 1-2/passage but when I take the AAMCs I get a 5. Playing with strategies. I may start back reading novels. I had stopped reading to study, but heck VR is annoying the hell out of me. You can get the sciences up too. I find myself losing focus in VR and those darn humanities passages...I did well in my lit courses as far as literary analysis and reading comprehension, but this MCAT VR is a beast. I don't know what to think. Makes me feel as if I can't read or something. LOL

DocFelt, you may need a couple days break to refresh. EK 101 didn't help me at all. I have been using TPRH VR and miss 1-2/passage but when I take the AAMCs I get a 5. Playing with strategies. I may start back reading novels. I had stopped reading to study, but heck VR is annoying the hell out of me. You can get the sciences up too. I find myself losing focus in VR and those darn humanities passages...I did well in my lit courses as far as literary analysis and reading comprehension, but this MCAT VR is a beast. I don't know what to think. Makes me feel as if I can't read or something. LOL

Please take this emotional response with a grain of salt, as I'm still in a gutter.

I'm pretty floored by this. I really think I could cry at the moment. I read through EK and 4 out of 5 times I can pick out the three wrong choices out of four and explain why. I can only do this sometimes on the aamc tests.

I'm really going to kill myself this week reviewing the sciences. I'll say it again, the BS was a fluke. I don't know where my mind was during it. I actually got about 5 more correct on PS compared to last test, and I'm ok with that.

I keep thinking I've wasted my entire summer, but then realize I've learned a lot throughout my studying. Most of my pre-reqs were either taught poorly and I aced them with no effort, or I took them at a point in my life where school wasn't a priority and I squeaked by with a B or a C. Before I started PS tonight I wrote out every equation I could think of and nearly filled the page.

I'm not dumb. I'm far from a genius, but none of the material on this exam is over my head enough that it can't be fixed. I just wonder if I can do it in time.

I'm in quite a dilemma now.

Just finished aamc 4 - 7/7/5.

I've taken like 5 full lengths in the past year and never scored worse than a 7 in the biology section. This is bad folks. Real bad.

My focus and stamina was seemingly better. I felt relatively lost during the bio section, though. I'm royally pissed about VR. I can crack a 11 or 12 in EK with minutes to spare, and have been doing so consistently. I'm starting to feel that I can't recommend EK VR 101, as the passages seem MUCH more concise and easy to follow.

I'm exploring some options at this point. I'm thinking about taking and voiding, or canceling and writing the test in January. Either of these options are going to be severely disappointing if I have to go that route, as I've been working extremely hard. Also, it will be a lot harder to find study time between August and January as opposed to now. I was also planning on applying this cycle - that won't happen with a January test.

Here's my short term plans: Study my ass off over the course of this next week. Capitalize on my weaknesses, and address all of them. It appears I have a serious content problem.

I'm going to take aamc 5 next week, and if I don't make a significant gain, that's it for now. I'm not going to waste any more aamc materials.

Sorry to be a downer. I truly feel that the BS section was a fluke this time. I feel confident that eventually I can get my VR score in the 11 range. I'm starting to seriously doubt if I can pull the sciences up to near 10 in three weeks though.

Can anybody pose some insight?

Sorry to hear that DocFelt. Keep working at it and see if something changes. Keep your options open. I try to remind myself this too and its hard but its not the end of the world if you end up voiding or taking it in January.
Orgo is killing my score. Was there alot of orgo on aamc 4? :oops: