The Official 9/8/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it on the 8th? We have just about 2 months left now :eek::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, it's there now...
I was either hoping for something really good or really bad, and not something I would have to contemplate like hell whether or not to retake..and lo and behold..I'm in that in between zone. DAMN.

Are y'all's scores up yet? I logged into AAMC's THx system and my score wasn't posted. I also checked my application and it wasn't posted there either. Did any of y'all receive an email about scores being released today? I'm getting nervous that they may have lost my test.

https://www.aamc.org/external/85422?url=https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

PS. First SDN post and I'm already neurotic and full of anxiety!

Are y'all's scores up yet? I logged into AAMC's THx system and my score wasn't posted. I also checked my application and it wasn't posted there either. Did any of y'all receive an email about scores being released today? I'm getting nervous that they may have lost my test.

https://www.aamc.org/external/85422?url=https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

PS. First SDN post and I'm already neurotic and full of anxiety!

they gave you a sheet confirming that you finished your test when you sign out of the testing center. that's your proof that you did take the test.

So, I propose we have a system for reporting our scores. This way we'll have more information and so will those who are browsing this thread who havn't taken the MCAT yet. What do you guys think about...

AAMC Average: 36.0

Predicted Score: 35

Actual Score: 38M (14 PS / 12 VR / 12 BS)

I am BEYOND happy right now!!!

....but how the F am I supposed to explain a writing score of M???

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! That's AMAZING - and you have the good verbal reasoning to counteract your writing score

So, I propose we have a system for reporting our scores. This way we'll have more information and so will those who are browsing this thread who havn't taken the MCAT yet. What do you guys think about...

AAMC Average: 36.0

Predicted Score: 35

Actual Score: 38M (14 PS / 12 VR / 12 BS)

I am BEYOND happy right now!!!

....but how the F am I supposed to explain a writing score of M???

*still shaking a bit*

First time MCAT here:

Predicted: no idea

Actual:
VR= 11
PS= 8
BS= 10

Total: 29P

I'll take it guys. :thumbup: Good luck to the rest of you! :luck:

Practice range: 32-37
Predicted: no idea
Actual score: PS14, VR8, BS13, total 35K, disappointing VR and writing, but well
Good luck and great job to all for the hard fought battle =]

AAMC Average: 33

Predicted Score: 36

Actual Score: 38Q 14/11/13

Notes: I'm a retake from Jan where I got a a 29Q (9/9/11). I spent three months during the summer doing SN2's schedule with TBR. I cannot thank SN2 enough for putting that schedule together. With lots of hard work and luck, everything came together this time!

AAMC Range: 25-30

Predicted Score: No idea

Actual Score: 29R (8 PS / 12 VR / 9 BS)

Quite disappointed. This is my third time sitting for the MCAT.

1st time (9/12/2009): 25Q (10 PS / 6 VR / 9 BS)
1st time (7/16/2010): 25N (7 PS / 9 VR / 9 BS)

If I apply now to my state schools, will I get in? I have great ECs, 2 years worth of research and a 2nd author publication. What do you guys think?

Predicted: anywhere from 28-35

Actual:
VR= 8
PS= 12
BS= 12

Total: 32R

Was hoping for a higher in VR... didn't think I screwed up that bad, but I'm still pretty stoked! Went up 5 points from a 27 earlier this year. :D

Congrats to all who did well and good luck to those who need to retake! If you sincerely put in the time, you will slay this beast.

AAMC Range: 34-39
AAMC Average 36
Predicted: 34
Actual: 14/9/13 36P

I don't know what it is, but for some reason I honestly feel disappointed. I didn't score below a 10V on any of the practice exams....

I guess nobody really is satisfied until they score at least 12 in each section and a Q in WS huh?

Last edited:
AAMC Range: 25-30

Predicted Score: No idea

Actual Score: 29R (8 PS / 12 VR / 9 BS)

Quite disappointed. This is my third time sitting for the MCAT.

If I apply now to my state schools, will I get in? I have great ECs, 2 years worth of research and a 2nd author publication. What do you guys think?
How did you improve verbal from 6 to 12? That's impressive.

AAMC average: ~34
Predicted: PS 12 / VR 10 / BS 13
Actual: PS 12 / VR 11 / BS 13
Total: 36N

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

20 May test: PS 8/ VR 9/ BS 10 (27M)
8 Sept test: PS 9/ VR 11/ BS 11 (31Q)

:)

Good enough! I'm applying this year! Congrats to those who got scores they wanted, and everyone else, hang in there! You can do it! :thumbup:

People are talking about the range of AAMC FL scores you've been getting. i.e. your practice AAMC test score range.

Gotcha thx.... I thought about that a couple mins after I posted :D

Anyone else looking to apply to DO school? DO avg is around 27 so I'm happy with my 29 :)

FMLL, but its ok..

Predicted: 32-36 R-T
Average 35
AAMC Prac Range 32-37
Actual Exam 12, 9, 10 31S

Kinda shocked, after the exam I felt that I did around a 14 on BS. I was hitting 15's towards the end on the last few exams.

Oh well, I'm happy with the score, I'll get in many places with this, can't really complain!!!!

Kinda shocked, after the exam I felt that I did around a 14 on BS. I was hitting 15's towards the end on the last few exams.

That's how I felt about sciences as well... instead got abysmal scores hopefully i won't have to reatke =(

That's how I felt about sciences as well... instead got abysmal scores hopefully i won't have to reatke =(

Right? I was more confident on my Science scores after the exam. In fact I was killing it, but thats just how a test can go...

Kehlsh, I'm sure you will be okay! This is the the next step in your life, forget the MCAT, you killed it and your done!!!

If you don't mind sharing, how did you end up doing?

Radio TV Film Degree in 1990, Almost 20 years as USAF officer. I've been grabbing pre-med pre-req classes between moves and deployments for past 9 years.

AAMC AVG: 29
Predicted 27
Actual: 33M
VR=12
PS=11
BS=10

I'm pleasantly surprised

Radio TV Film Degree in 1990, Almost 20 years as USAF officer. I've been grabbing pre-med pre-req classes between moves and deployments for past 9 years.

AAMC AVG: 29
Predicted 27
Actual: 33M
VR=12
PS=11
BS=10

I'm pleasantly surprised

Siiiiiiiick

Nice jump

How did you improve verbal from 6 to 12? That's impressive.

Actually VR is the section that I studied the least for this time around, because I thought I did okay the 2nd time, and it's really just a crap shoot. I did some EK 101 Verbal passages (like 5), but I was scoring 7/8 on them. Couldn't get above 10 on VR for AAMC tests.

I'm disappointed in my science scores. I studied waaayyy more this time, and thought I did pretty well coming out. My PS scores are all over the board. The first time I took it was when I was least prepared and got a 10. I know much more this time for PS, but got an 8.

This test honestly sucks and is NOT standardized.

Last edited:
my only consolence comes from the fact that my VR jumped from 7 to a 10 in 1 month... I did 7 psg/day glad it paid off but sciences.....wTF!:(

DO NOT retake. Unless you can score 12+ regularly on VR, do not bother. Your score is in the high 80's percentile and it's very balanced. If you have a strong GPA >3.7, you are fine. Focus on other parts of your application, like where schools ask if you've saved the world or something ...

I never made less than a 10 VR on AAMC and was always one raw point from an 11, yet I escaped with a VR of 9 on the real stuff. I was expecting 13+ on BS but made a 12, and there's no way I would re-take, unless the AAMC somehow removed the VR section, of course. The sciences are pretty fun :D

AAMC's: 28-32
predicted: 9 or 10, 9, 11
actual: 9,6,11
I need a day or 2 to mourn, then hit the books. How can I recover from 6 in verbal though? I came out feeling ok about verbal. Passages were kinda interesting and I generally felt better than I had on any of the aamc practices :(

I think you can def (!) recover from a 6 VR. That's what I got the 1st time. The 2nd time I got a 9, third time 12. My take: it's luck. Try using EK 101 Verbal Passages. The first time I did 12 from that book, got a 6. 2nd time, about 10, and third time about 5. Although I think the verbal passages from AAMC are most representative and are more helpful. YOU CAN DO IT!

3rd time (9/8/2011) : 29R (8 PS / 12 VR / 9 BS)

AAMC's: 36-39 (Average 38)

Predicted: 13 PS 12 V 13 BS- 38 total

Actual: 14 PS 13 V 15 BS- 42 S

Definitely happy about this score haha, i always seem to better on the real deal so this is not completely surprising!

mcatverification.png

Last edited:
AAMC Average: 34 (V12 P10 B12)

Predicted Score: 31 (V9 P9 B13)

Actual Score: 35 (V11 P12 B12) !!!!

Much higher than I expected. Came down in my verbal from my AAMC average but went way up in my PS. This is huge for me especially because my last few few practice tests before I took the real thing I got an 8 and a 9 on the PS section. I'm just glad its over, great job 9/8 testers!!!

AAMC average: 35

Prediction: 32. Felt awful after taking the test. Immediately looked up some of the things I didn't know and knew I missed at least 6 questions for sure.

Real thing: 35S (P:11, V:13, B:11). Yaaaaaay!

It would have been nice to get higher science scores, but considering I majored in something totally different, worked, and then went back to take my basic sciences (only), I'm pretty happy. :)

Congratulations to those who are happy with their scores, and best of luck to those who want to retake. But big pat on the back to all of us!! We lived! :D