The Official August 22, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Person0715

Socially awkward
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! With just a little less than 2 months to go, I am wondering why this thread hasn't been made yet.

Is anyone else here signed up for the 8/22 MCAT?

I'm following the SN2ed schedule and I can't wait to be done with content review. I'm excited to finally take an AAMC to see if I've been studying correctly these last 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

So when you log into the get scores page is it just supposed to be blank if this is your first take? And then it just appears eventually with your score when they release it? Just wanted to clarify how it should look because I figured it would at least show your test date and say not scored or something, mine just appears empty.

Mine says no scores yet. It doesn't list my test date either. But I know that I didn't accidentally void because I definitely took the trial section!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine also says no score yet. It sucks how the score just pops up on screen when it becomes available. Doesn't AAMC understand how much anxiety MCAT scores cause?

Mine says no scores yet. It doesn't list my test date either. But I know that I didn't accidentally void because I definitely took the trial section!

If you void, do you automatically skip the Trial Section?
Edit: Yeah it is like that.

Do any of you guys know for a fact how many questions you missed on each section?

I certainly don't. I don't know that that is possible, haha. There can always be little mistakes like misreads or silly errors. I'd be skeptical if someone stated exactly how many errors they made!

I mean that I looked up two questions from my biological sciences section that I know I got wrong for sure after looking at what the answers were. So I'm stressing out over the fact that there could be more.

I mean that I looked up two questions from my biological sciences section that I know I got wrong for sure after looking at what the answers were. So I'm stressing out over the fact that there could be more.

No point in stressing about what can't be changed. For me anyway, my memory of the answers I put down are starting to become foggy so I can't reliably recall what I marked, so no more point in dwelling on it.

Yeah, I know I missed one discrete in BS. no idea about the other two. Can't remember the passages or questions or my answers. I can't even stress about it because I plain don't remember.

My confidence is dwindling like crazy. I'm even thinking about studying for a January retake. Oh god. The thought makes me shudder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost definitely missed at least one in BS. PS and verbal, no clue. Especially verbal. I can't even remember one of the passages.

All I remember is getting mind %*%*% by Darth vader and a handful of BS discretes... Other than that I couldn't tell ya what was on that test... Just a big blur... I honestly cannot remember any of the verbal passages besdes the last one cuz it was about something that's happened to me before... I felt more confident about the verbal test than any practice test I've ever taken.. I'm just gonna tell myself I got a 15 :laugh:

Reading the reactions of other people getting their scores is gut-wrenching. The people who get way above their averages are really exciting, and the ones who got waaaay below make my heart just stop for a second. Gah. This obsessing isn't healthy!!

Reading the reactions of other people getting their scores is gut-wrenching. The people who get way above their averages are really exciting, and the ones who got waaaay below make my heart just stop for a second. Gah. This obsessing isn't healthy!!

lol, my feelings exactly. I couldn't help but stay away from the July 26th MCAT thread.

My god the PS. F***. F***. I just wan to get my score back so I can confirm. Felt shaken up after that and made a few stupid mistakes in the panic of seeing harder passages than I was expecting.

Those verbal scores are scaring me. So many people scored lower than usual in that section.

The people who go for the money hypothesis--- if AAMC wants to make money off of you, then why aren't DAT/PCAT/GRE scores also released after a month? Are those companies stupid enough not to realize the financial game AAMC is playing or is there something else behind AAMC's 30-day score release schedule.

The people who go for the money hypothesis--- if AAMC wants to make money off of you, then why aren't DAT/PCAT/GRE scores also released after a month? Are those companies stupid enough not to realize the financial game AAMC is playing or is there something else behind AAMC's 30-day score release schedule.

There is probably another more sinister reason, but it'd be all guesswork for us to assume that they're playing with the scales post-exam, and other things of the like.

We go with the money hypothesis because it's the most plausible one without making any assumptions that what the AAMC tells us about their scoring policies is false (though I have my suspicions).

Other companies could probably do the same, but the AAMC may just be the dickiest of them all, I guess.

I think that there is definitely some "strange" that takes place during the ~30 day time frame. Why else would raw scores not be released?

I think the AAMC uses this time to make sure everything makes sense, there are no irregularities, to throw out any potential "bad" questions, and to pre-calculate all of the statistics necessary to use the experimental questions that were on our tests on another MCAT. Of course, this is all speculatory...

Don't they question/test people who got really high scores to make sure they didn't cheat? Might be false, but I've heard that before. Maybe they also do that in the 30 days.

Don't they question/test people who got really high scores to make sure they didn't cheat? Might be false, but I've heard that before. Maybe they also do that in the 30 days.

Never heard of interrogation of high scorers.

I'm sure, but AAMC might be paranoid regardless. I think it was a med student who told me that it happened to someone they knew. Could've been full of it, but what do I know.

Anyways, 7 days down! ~26 more to go :(

26 more short days sitting on needles....:sleep::sleep:

So nervous. I check my score page every day, haha. I have this horrible sinking feeling that I did poorly and will have to retake.

So nervous. I check my score page every day, haha. I have this horrible sinking feeling that I did poorly and will have to retake.

I have this horrible sinking feeling that I have to retake... then about an hour later I have this great feeling that I got a near perfect score :laugh:

I have this fear that I wasn't reading the question stems carefully enough for verbal. Do any of you have this fear?, I keep telling myself that in spirit of the moment mcat forces you to read quickly or else I wouldn't have finished verbal on time. Stressed out. All I want for verbal is atleast a 10.

Average (approximate): 10 PS, 12 VR, 11 BS
Expect: 10 PS, 11 VR, 11 BS
Hope: 11 PS, 13 VR, 12 BS (superscored practice test scores)
Crazy wild dream: 12 PS, 14 VR, 13 BS

I don't know why I make these mental lists. They only scare me more. But I can't help it!

I felt really good about BS, but I had a horrible stomach ache during it, so I'm terrified I was so distracted that I bombed it.

I have this fear that I wasn't reading the question stems carefully enough for verbal. Do any of you have this fear?, I keep telling myself that in spirit of the moment mcat forces you to read quickly or else I wouldn't have finished verbal on time. Stressed out. All I want for verbal is atleast a 10.

Yeah I'm worrying about verbal the most. There's just no way of knowing. There were a good number of questions that I felt really unsure about, and I didn't have the time to review all of the questions I had marked.