*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Weakfart

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2021 Facebook group - Class of 2020 will be on there so you can ask questions on there if you want. Congrats on acceptances!

2016-2017 Application Thread
Previous year's thread
C/O 2019 Thread
C/O 2018 Thread
Interview Feedback information (Most of the information is pretty old but maybe some of the information is still relevant)

DDS Program - Quick Overview

UB Subreddit

Buffalo Weather <--- Please look at the weather if you interview close or during winter.

Hotel Accommodations (The dental school is located at the South Campus, though North is 10 minutes away driving)

Checking out Buffalo for the weekend?


I'm sure current students will be monitoring this thread every now and then so feel free to ask questions. Please try to use information from the main application or cycle thread as well as previous the years threads.

Good luck this cycle!
 
Last edited:
2016-2017 Application Thread
Previous year's thread
C/O 2019 Thread
C/O 2018 Thread
Interview Feedback information (Most of the information is pretty old but maybe some of the information is still relevant)

DDS Program - Quick Overview

UB Subreddit

Buffalo Weather <--- Please look at the weather if you interview close or during winter.

Hotel Accommodations (The dental school is located at the South Campus, though North is 10 minutes away driving)

Checking out Buffalo for the weekend?


I'm sure current students will be monitoring this thread every now and then so feel free to ask questions. Please try to use information from the main application or cycle thread as well as previous the years threads.

Good luck this cycle!
I only just now realized that this is where you are going... for the longest time I kept seeing those pieces of chicken under your name was like wut. But now I understand that they're buffalo wings because you're going to buffalo... Great day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whenever someone asks me "Why Buffalo?" my answer is "@Faux and @Weakfart"
56dyQ.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! 😀 When was your app completed? The last email I got was on 06/28 and it said my app was incomplete. But I have paid the fee and sent in everything since then!
I got the same email on that day, but on July 5th I got the "app under review/complete" email.
 
When did you receive their "app under review" email? Are you OOS by any chance?
I received the "review" email on the 1st of July. And no I am not OOS. I was about to say that maybe they gave initial invites to in-state students but someone from OOS already confirmed that they received an invitation email as well.
 
Congrats! 😀 When was your app completed? The last email I got was on 06/28 and it said my app was incomplete. But I have paid the fee and sent in everything since then!
What date did you send your last required information?
 
What date did you send your last required information?
I paid the fee the same day. I'm from Canada so I have to send in my DAT scores. I requested my DAT scores to be mailed on 30th May so it should have reached them by now without a doubt.
 
I paid the fee the same day. I'm from Canada so I have to send in my DAT scores. I requested my DAT scores to be mailed on 30th May so it should have reached them by now without a doubt.
It may have. Maybe you should send an email asking if they received it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten this? It's weird since this is when they sent the 'application under review' email...?

WqJEK7X.jpg


edit: It's also weird because on the review email (received the same date it says denied on AADSAS) it said this: "Upon completion of the review you will receive notification of your application status via e-mail."

Could this be an error?
 

Attachments

  • upload_2016-7-25_11-47-27.png
    upload_2016-7-25_11-47-27.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Has anyone gotten this? It's weird since this is when they sent the 'application under review' email...?

WqJEK7X.jpg


edit: It's also weird because on the review email (received the same date it says denied on AADSAS) it said this: "Upon completion of the review you will receive notification of your application status via e-mail."

Could this be an error?

Call them ASAP. . . .

They got some new people doing ADMISSIONS over there, i think....

I got the same thing, and I had nothing on my application for them to deny me so early .. . . NY resident as well...

They fixed it.
 
Call them ASAP. . . .

They got some new people doing ADMISSIONS over there, i think....

I got the same thing, and I had nothing on my application for them to deny me so early .. . . NY resident as well...

They fixed it.

Just called, and they said it was an error with their code entry/reading system or something like that, and that they'll be fixing it.
 
Has anyone been offered an interview? and if they have, how long after you got the email saying you were under review?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS applicant. Email today reads:

"The Admissions Committee has placed your application in "Continuing Review." The Continuing Review status means that at this time the Committee has not selected you to interview for admission to our program. All applications in Continuing Review receive periodic re-review, and a change in your status may occur. "

So, waitlist?
 
Just received an emailing saying "The Admissions Committee has placed your application in "Continuing Review." "
Nice way of saying I'm rejected?
 
Same here, OOS as well. Oh well, I still landed an interview elsewhere. Guess Buffalo really likes their in-state applicants.