You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Case is different. I think everyone who applied to case who had a complete application got oneIt's not a rejection, but it's basically a waitlist (but you can't really call it that since waitlists aren't in place yet). I got a similar type of email from Case.
Case is different. I think everyone who applied to case who had a complete application got one
Nope. Case sent out interviews for the August people, looks like they all had really high GPA's.
Canadian student, recently finished undergad, University of TorontoWhat were ur stats guys?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
oGPA: 3.84, sGPA: 3.77, nsGPA: 3.98, BCP: 3.82
DAT: 20 AA, 21 PAT, 21 TS, 19 RC
Volunteer hours: 456 hours
Research hours: 1500 hours
Work hours: 4300 hours
oh god.. this makes me discouraged =(
Nope. Case sent out interviews for the August people, looks like they all had really high GPA's.
Case is definitely different. The emails case sent were either interviews or notification that they just haven't gotten to your app yet. The admissions guy explains it in periscope.
Canadian student, recently finished undergad, University of Toronto
oGPA: 3.84, sGPA: 3.77, nsGPA: 3.98, BCP: 3.82
DAT: 20 AA, 21 PAT, 21 TS, 19 RC
Volunteer hours: 456 hours
Research hours: 1500 hours
Work hours: 4300 hours
oh god.. this makes me discouraged =(
That's really weird. What were your shadowing hours?
120 hrs.. woops .. forgot to mention it in my postThat's really weird. What were your shadowing hours?
120 hrs.. woops .. forgot to mention it in my post
I wonder what they're looking at then. You have me beat by GPA, research, and work hours. The only thing I have higher is TS and AA for DAT, and shadowing hours and I got an interview.
edit: I'm also from UofT.
.
Last edited:
I wonder what they're looking at then. You have me beat by GPA, research, and work hours. The only thing I have higher is TS and AA for DAT, and shadowing hours and I got an interview.
from looking at the adea guide it may be my shadowing hours. i only shadowed a GP since i didn't have much time from the time i decided to go into dentistry and the application for the states. OH WELL. goodbye buffalo and thank you for the soft rejection.
Looking at previous years threads and people who were under continuing review will still receive interviews. Let's remain hopeful!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Got an interview today. I am international (non-Canadian). Scheduled mine on 10/14. Anyone here interviews on the same date?
3.58 oGPA, 3.53 sGPA, 24AA, 22TS, just graduated in May from a US university.
3.58 oGPA, 3.53 sGPA, 24AA, 22TS, just graduated in May from a US university.
I have about the same amount of shadowing hours as you do, also because I switched from pre-med to pre-dent just more than a year ago. Don't be discouraged so early, we all have a long game ahead of us!from looking at the adea guide it may be my shadowing hours. i only shadowed a GP since i didn't have much time from the time i decided to go into dentistry and the application for the states. OH WELL. goodbye buffalo and thank you for the soft rejection.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.75 GPA/23AA [emoji22]What were ur stats guys?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
that's weird, you have great stats (better than mine). I received an interview for 10/7th. I'm OOS (Florida).Canadian student, recently finished undergad, University of Toronto
oGPA: 3.84, sGPA: 3.77, nsGPA: 3.98, BCP: 3.82
DAT: 20 AA, 21 PAT, 21 TS, 19 RC
Volunteer hours: 456 hours
Research hours: 1500 hours
Work hours: 4300 hours
oh god.. this makes me discouraged =(
July 6th.Fellow Canadians: when did you receive the "application complete and under review" email? I haven't heard anything today.
that's weird, you have great stats (better than mine). I received an interview for 10/7th. I'm OOS (Florida).
maybe its just bad luck. all the best for your interview tho
maybe its just bad luck. all the best for your interview tho
July 6th.
Fellow Canadians: when did you receive the "application complete and under review" email? I haven't heard anything today.
3.75 GPA/23AA [emoji22]
Sorry, meant to quote you all. I was July 19.
Fellow Canadians: when did you receive the "application complete and under review" email? I haven't heard anything today.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh wow, I did not even think that Western would be easier. I will def apply there then. I am also going to apply to Mcgill. The cost of Mcgill is like half of one year at an American school.At UofT? Most likely (depending on your DAT scores). For sure at Western. Although I have heard people not getting interviews with a 3.9.
Oh wow, I did not even think that Western would be easier. I will def apply there then. I am also going to apply to Mcgill. The cost of Mcgill is like half of one year at an American school.
Definitely, if you have finished your degree. Western takes off your worst 2 years.
Got my "under review" email on July 5thSorry, meant to quote you all. I was July 19.
Fellow Canadians: when did you receive the "application complete and under review" email? I haven't heard anything today.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
3.56 total GPA 3.44 Science GPA. 3.72,3.58 without +/- and 20AA 22RC 16PAT 20 TSWould u please share ur stats?
Ty
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I received an interview invite this past Thursday, and I just received an email today for "continuing review" of my application. Does this mean my interview is pulled?
I didn't receive an invite, but I also got the continuing review email and was surprised seeing that it is a Sunday (non-business day).So I received an interview invite this past Thursday, and I just received an email today for "continuing review" of my application. Does this mean my interview is pulled?
I sure hope they didn't pull your interview! I'd call the school tomorrow.
So if I haven't received a continuing review email yet, does that mean I'm still in the mix...?
If you haven't heard, you're still being reviewed I would imagine.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone know if I can ask Buffalo Admissions to add things to my application? I've published 2 articles and done more shadowing since the application was mailed. It would definitely increase my competitiveness for the re-review
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't receive an invite, but I also got the continuing review email and was surprised seeing that it is a Sunday (non-business day).
I sure hope they didn't pull your interview! I'd call the school tomorrow.
Well I called today and was able to schedule and interview so I'm figuring it's nothing.
Received interview email today! OOS
Thanks! Gives me hope 🙂Received interview email today! OOS
I'm not sure. Earliest date I could sign up for was October 18th.So what is the earliest interview date for Buffalo? Late September I guess? Anyone knows?
Got the continuing review email.......
Continuing review too 

What were ur stats guys?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
21 AA
20 TS
19 Bio
20 GC
21 OC
26 RC
19 QR
3.5 sGPA, 3.6 oGPA
MI resident (OOS)
I received a "continuing review" email from Buffalo last year when I finished my application. In the end, the school offered me an interview around January and I received my acceptance a couple of days later. Good luck everyone! If anyone has questions, shoot me a private message.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thankfully, I just got an invite to Buffalo today!
Interviews dates are only showing November 7 & 11. I was surprised as to how late that seems. Anyone have any input of whether that's considered late in the process and are my chances still okay?
Thank guys!! 😍
Interviews dates are only showing November 7 & 11. I was surprised as to how late that seems. Anyone have any input of whether that's considered late in the process and are my chances still okay?
Thank guys!! 😍
Wait does this mean that the earlier someone gets an invite, the higher chance they have of acceptance on dec 1?
No. All interviews before Dec. 1 are the same (imo).
Thankfully, I just got an invite to Buffalo today!
Interviews dates are only showing November 7 & 11. I was surprised as to how late that seems. Anyone have any input of whether that's considered late in the process and are my chances still okay?
Thank guys!! 😍
My friend booked her interview recently for early October. I am assuming that Buffalo offers two dates for school tour&interview per month. Correct me if I am wrong.
Your chances are the same as someone that interviews in October. Even if you interview post-December, your chances are decent as well.
My friend booked her interview recently for early October. I am assuming that Buffalo offers two dates for school tour&interview per month. Correct me if I am wrong.
Your chances are the same as someone that interviews in October. Even if you interview post-December, your chances are decent as well.
Great, thanks a million for the input! Can you ask your friend how she booked? Hehe. I've called the registrar to book my interview like 15 times and left a message and can't get through to anyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K