You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by TeethAreMyThing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Nice!Accepted off the waitlist today!![]()
Congratulations!!!!!!Accepted off the waitlist today!![]()
Did you give them a call or email them after getting waitlisted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!!!!!
Did you give them a call or email them after getting waitlisted?
No, I didn't call or email. I was only waitlisted on Feb. 15 though. However, this past Friday I received a phone call from them asking if I was still interested in attending, and then I received the offer yesterday. 🙂
Just got the call asking if I was still interested, fingers crossed!
Just got the call asking if I was still interested, fingers crossed!
That's a good sign! At least for me it was 🙂
They call jsut to ask you if you're still interested? Can anyone explain what could possibly be the rationale behind that? If I was anxiously waiting on the wait list and I get a call from UB, but it turns out they are not offering me admission just yet and instead just asking a question, I would feel so deflated after they hang up.
Presumably, in one out of one case, they accept afterwards, so it's not all bad, but what could possibly be the point of calling and asking the applicant about his/her interest?
Presumably, in one out of one case, they accept afterwards, so it's not all bad, but what could possibly be the point of calling and asking the applicant about his/her interest?
My guess would be they are highly considering extending an acceptance so they want to make sure they aren't sending it to someone who has already committed to another school.They call jsut to ask you if you're still interested? Can anyone explain what could possibly be the rationale behind that? If I was anxiously waiting on the wait list and I get a call from UB, but it turns out they are not offering me admission just yet and instead just asking a question, I would feel so deflated after they hang up.
Presumably, in one out of one case, they accept afterwards, so it's not all bad, but what could possibly be the point of calling and asking the applicant about his/her interest?
They’re not going to send an acceptance to somebody who might not even be interested anymore or has their decision solidified with another school. They can just move to the next person on the list and make the process move faster.They call jsut to ask you if you're still interested? Can anyone explain what could possibly be the rationale behind that? If I was anxiously waiting on the wait list and I get a call from UB, but it turns out they are not offering me admission just yet and instead just asking a question, I would feel so deflated after they hang up.
Presumably, in one out of one case, they accept afterwards, so it's not all bad, but what could possibly be the point of calling and asking the applicant about his/her interest?
Interviewed 2/22.
Waitlisted 2/26.
Accepted yesterday!
Did not receive a call asking if I was still interested but did send a letter of interest.
Waitlisted 2/26.
Accepted yesterday!
Did not receive a call asking if I was still interested but did send a letter of interest.
Congrats man!Interviewed 2/22.
Waitlisted 2/26.
Accepted yesterday!
Did not receive a call asking if I was still interested but did send a letter of interest.
Appreciate it! I'm sure there's good news heading your way!Congrats man!
Got the acceptance email on Friday!!
Interviewed 2/6
Interviewed 2/6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you decide to go? 🙂Declined my seat as a Buffalo native... tough. Good luck to those waiting!
Where did you decide to go? 🙂
USC
Awesome, Congrats!
Accepted an hour ago! Declining all my other waitlists and offers, can't wait to spend another 4 years at UB!
Congrats! Will see you in the fall!Accepted an hour ago! Declining all my other waitlists and offers, can't wait to spend another 4 years at UB!
Congratulations! We both made it!Accepted an hour ago! Declining all my other waitlists and offers, can't wait to spend another 4 years at UB!
Can't wait! Is there a facebook group?Congrats! Will see you in the fall!
DDS Class of 2022 Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/366467580468565/Can't wait! Is there a facebook group?
ASDA – Buffalo Chapter Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/228826193836257/
Just got back from visiting Buffalo, and I am so excited to begin in the fall! I came to visit some apartments, show around campus, and look at some options for my living situation for at least D1. My gf and I will be moving to Buffalo together, and we were looking at 1-2BR apartments. We visited: Axis360, Collegiate Village, Bethune Lofts, Crescendo Lofts, and Princeton Court. Additionally, we went to Allentown and really loved the area, but we had not lined up apartment visits there.. yet. From the places we visited, we felt the best fit (as of now) were the Crescendo lofts (although ~15-20min from campus), followed by Axis360 (seemed very quiet/isolated complex, but nice amenities), and so forth. A few individuals that we spoke with also told us to check out The Hub downtown, but I figured that would be too far of a commute for me.
I was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of these, how you like(d)/dislike(d) the area, and what you would do differently if you had the option of choosing another living situation. Any advice is appreciated!
I was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of these, how you like(d)/dislike(d) the area, and what you would do differently if you had the option of choosing another living situation. Any advice is appreciated!
What were the prices?Just got back from visiting Buffalo, and I am so excited to begin in the fall! I came to visit some apartments, show around campus, and look at some options for my living situation for at least D1. My gf and I will be moving to Buffalo together, and we were looking at 1-2BR apartments. We visited: Axis360, Collegiate Village, Bethune Lofts, Crescendo Lofts, and Princeton Court. Additionally, we went to Allentown and really loved the area, but we had not lined up apartment visits there.. yet. From the places we visited, we felt the best fit (as of now) were the Crescendo lofts (although ~15-20min from campus), followed by Axis360 (seemed very quiet/isolated complex, but nice amenities), and so forth. A few individuals that we spoke with also told us to check out The Hub downtown, but I figured that would be too far of a commute for me.
I was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of these, how you like(d)/dislike(d) the area, and what you would do differently if you had the option of choosing another living situation. Any advice is appreciated!
I need to watch my budget and am looking for best and cheapest options for rooms within walking distance to Dentistry
Single room at axis ~1,000What were the prices?
I need to watch my budget and am looking for best and cheapest options for rooms within walking distance to Dentistry
Double at axis (one lease) ~1,450
Bethune lofts 1BR ~1,050
Bethune lofts 2BR ~1,500
Collegiate Village 1BR 1,050 I think
Collegiate Village 2BR 1,400
These are ballparks and all of these roll utilities into the monthly price (minus electric).
stats plz, if you got in and don't mind sharing?
Hey! I am looking for a roommate who will be interested in living in a 2bedroom/2bath apartment with me at the axis360. The lease is roughly around $725 a person. I am a male from NYC. If interested please let me know.
Single room at axis ~1,000
Double at axis (one lease) ~1,450
Bethune lofts 1BR ~1,050
Bethune lofts 2BR ~1,500
Collegiate Village 1BR 1,050 I think
Collegiate Village 2BR 1,400
These are ballparks and all of these roll utilities into the monthly price (minus electric).
University Courts is about $850 a month for a spacious one bed room with utilities included (outside of cable/internet)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a call from Buffalo yesterday with acceptance (I was surprised), unfortunately had to decline because I am already committed to NOVA and secured my apartment there as well.
I think offered me acceptance because, with the last semester, my GPA went up to 3.9.
I couldn't even see my status on ADSASS anymore
I think offered me acceptance because, with the last semester, my GPA went up to 3.9.
I couldn't even see my status on ADSASS anymore
Last edited:
I got an email saying that my application has been placed into "continuing review".... do you think I still have a chance of receiving an interview?? DAT 22 AA 22 TS and 22 PAT....Your gpa is good but your AA is a point or two below the national average for matriculation. You applied early so that's good. If you have other notable things in your app, I think you can expect some invites!
Do you think I have a chance for an interview at NOVA? 22AA 22TS and 22 PAT.... GPA is low end..3.03Got a call from Buffalo yesterday with acceptance (I was surprised), unfortunately had to decline because I am already committed to NOVA and secured my apartment there as well.
I think offered me acceptance because, with the last semester, my GPA went up to 3.9.
I couldn't even see my status on ADSASS anymore
I got an email saying that my application has been placed into "continuing review".... do you think I still have a chance of receiving an interview?? DAT 22 AA 22 TS and 22 PAT....
Do you think I have a chance for an interview at NOVA? 22AA 22TS and 22 PAT.... GPA is low end..3.03
Why exactly are you bumping an archived thread and not the latest Buffalo thread?
because you guys are already in school and therefore presumably have a higher wealth of knowledge of facts and stats regarding the processWhy exactly are you bumping an archived thread and not the latest Buffalo thread?
Your DAT is good, above average of 21 but GPA is too low, you need to take some courses to get to 3.5 at least, Aver for 2022 was 3.6Do you think I have a chance for an interview at NOVA? 22AA 22TS and 22 PAT.... GPA is low end..3.03
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
