*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeethAreMyThing

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, incoming UB D1 here. I figured I'd start this year's thread. @Weakfart has made very detailed threads in the past, so be sure to check them out. I have updated most of the links.

Class of '21 Thread
Class of '20 Thread
Class of '19 Thread
https://dental.buffalo.edu/educatio...-of-dental-surgery--dds/program-overview.html
DDS Program Overview
Good luck to everyone applying this year, and feel free to ask questions as they come up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully some interview invites will go out this week or next!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when invites will go out? seems like this time last year the first ones already went out. A bit too anxious i guess.
I applied late, and was OOS, so I didn't interview until February. I would say by the end of this month we will start seeing some go out.

So i took the DAT last year. Got an AA 18 and TS 19. GPA is 3.78. Do you think i'm a good candidate for this school? I submitted my app second week of june!

So i took the DAT last year. Got an AA 18 and TS 19. GPA is 3.78. Do you think i'm a good candidate for this school? I submitted my app second week of june!
Your gpa is good but your AA is a point or two below the national average for matriculation. You applied early so that's good. If you have other notable things in your app, I think you can expect some invites!

Your gpa is good but your AA is a point or two below the national average for matriculation. You applied early so that's good. If you have other notable things in your app, I think you can expect some invites!
Yeah i figured my AA was not the best! I am retaking the DAT in two weeks though so hopefully that will change. My biggest fear is getting the same score (Sad face). But thanks for the hope, and good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Make sure that personal statement is a killer. Don't panic at all, you still have a big chance since you applied early.

And based on my 2021 cycle, I figure first invites go out around this time because I received my invite mid July 2016.

Yeah i figured my AA was not the best! I am retaking the DAT in two weeks though so hopefully that will change. My biggest fear is getting the same score (Sad face). But thanks for the hope, and good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

I had 18AA retook the DAT super late in the cycle and got a 20AA and 22SA AND my GPA was worse than yours....interview at UB ...waitlisted... accepted in May for class of 2021. You got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had 18AA retook the DAT super late in the cycle and got a 20AA and 22SA AND my GPA was worse than yours....interview at UB ...waitlisted... accepted in May for class of 2021. You got this!
Haha!! See you in 2 weeks lol

Just received an interview here! First invite of cycle. Would love some tips from people who interviewed last year!

Congrats! We're going through D1 orientation right now and it's a surreal experience. Good luck to all of you during your interviews and throughout the remainder of the process!

I got an interview email as well! Chose the September 25th date :) Congrats everyone!! One step closer to acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an interview here! First invite of cycle. Would love some tips from people who interviewed last year!
First thing is make sure you choose your interview date as early as possible. On your interview be confident in your answers and have a lot of questions to ask as well. Its a laid back interview process so you will be good. The questions vary so expect anything but it will be something you can answer. Confidence is key!!! Good luck and all the best.

I got my interview invite yesterday! Scheduled for September 19th. So nervous and excited!

I just got my first interview this morning! So excited!!! I'm out of state.

Invited to interview instate applicant 10/11/17
3.78 gpa 23aa 22ts

D3 stepping in.

Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! I'm an OOS applicant and I just received an interview here. This is actually my very first interview for dental school in general, so this question might sound really dumb. Do we bring parents to the interview/ tour day? Or is it exclusive to prospective students?

Interview #1
School: University of Buffalo
Application Complete: 07/20
Notification date: 08/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: Utah
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/24/QR:16

Interview date will be mid October.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm an OOS applicant and I just received an interview here. This is actually my very first interview for dental school in general, so this question might sound really dumb. Do we bring parents to the interview/ tour day? Or is it exclusive to prospective students?
It's just for the students/interviewees.

Interview #1
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 08/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: Utah
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/24/QR:16

Interview date will be mid October.
We have a guy from Utah in our class! Nicest person you'll ever meet. Good luck!

The interview day is a great experience and UB is rather relaxed. You guys are going to do amazingly well!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey future dentists!

I'm currently a D1 at UB and one of my classmates created a YouTube channel to help you guys out with the application process and a view of the life of a dental student. His newest video is of him interviewing a few students in our class. I think this can give you guys some insight on what it looks like when we are being interviewed. Hope you enjoy! Subscribe and check out his videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.