*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

@Morose @qnrnr
Congrats getting accepted to Buffalo Dental!
Did you write a letter of intent? I am currently on the waitlist and interviewed early December
Also, when were you interviewed?

Thank you so much

Similarly to @Morose, I didn't write a LOI and interviewed there in the fall.
Will highly recommend writing them a letter if you want to go there.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Similarly to @Morose, I didn't write a LOI and interviewed there in the fall.
Will highly recommend writing them a letter if you want to go there.
Thanks.

Did either of your statuses change from "Waitlisted" back to "Invited for Interview" before getting the call? Mine changed, hoping it's a good sign but not holding my breath lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did either of your statuses change from "Waitlisted" back to "Invited for Interview" before getting the call? Mine changed, hoping it's a good sign but not holding my breath lol.

That did actually happen before I got my offer email.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody get a continued review email with a survey to see if still interested?

I'm assuming you got that email today. I did not get this.
Yes today, it's the first I heard back from them since Sept. It said " At this time, your fall 2020 DDS application is still under continuing review. As we make interview offers throughout February 2020, we are gauging whether or not candidates are still interested in our DDS Program. Please take a minute to complete the following form so we know if you are still interested in our program"

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything from Buffalo recently..?

Has anyone heard anything from Buffalo recently..?
I received an acceptance this past Friday after interviewing 1/14. There was one other date available in January when I received my offer to interview, which was 1/28. Dr. Abel was very clear in stating that there are still plenty of seats available in the 2024 class, and that if invited to interview, you are by no means interviewing for a waitlist position. I did send a letter of interest back in December, for your reference. Keep your hopes up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was also accepted recently! No LOI

Reactions: 3 users
Any current students here who can comment on what their cost of attendance has been so far? And what have your living expenses been like (rent, utilities, etc.)?

Just called admissions. There's a couple of interview dates at the end of Feb. They are about to send out a batch (sounded like there will be more) of invites. Good luck everyone still waiting.

For those waitlisted and emailed Buffalo that you were still interested, have you guys received a response back?

Interviewed on 1/14, accepted on Friday 1/17! Good luck to everyone!!

For those waitlisted and emailed Buffalo that you were still interested, have you guys received a response back?
I specifically asked them this question over the phone. I was in the same boat too. It's normal. LOL

@Vendetta27 I feel like they left me hanging b/c they didn't respond lol! At least an automated response would help
I know how you feel. I don't think they have the man-power to respond to everything AND evaluate and interview candidates.

Interview on 1/31 and accepted an hour later! Good luck everyone.
OOS
19 aa
20 science
3.61 gpa

Reactions: 2 users
Interview on 1/31 and accepted an hour later! Good luck everyone.
OOS
19 aa
20 science
3.61 gpa

Wow that's awesome! Did you send a letter of interest before receiving an interview? I sent a letter a couple of weeks back and haven't heard anything yet! Congrats again :giggle:

Did they call you before you were accepted to see if you were still interested?

Wow that's awesome! Did you send a letter of interest before receiving an interview? I sent a letter a couple of weeks back and haven't heard anything yet! Congrats again :giggle:
I actually didn't send a letter of interest! If you show how passionate you are about dentistry and be charismatic then it'll take you really far. I did an immense amount of community work and have years of working experience (8000+ hours). Just be your self and believe that's all you need. I see these perfect students during my interview with 24+ DAT scores and are academically exceptional, but didn't receive an acceptance yet. My one word to wisdom is to not be a robot and just have a genuine human conversation. Those that practice and have scripts tend to fail because these interviewers can see through you. They just want to see you critically reflect your life and show your true personality.

Reactions: 5 users
Interview 1/31
Accepted 2/5 around 3:30pm
OOS
21 aa
21 science
3.43 gpa

So excited!! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview from University of Buffalo and its is my number one school that I love to go and Im a bit nervous. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips about its interview ? what is the format? Someone mentioned that they have case study type of questions, I'm not sure how those questions are. and also I found out it has writing component and im not that great at wiring LOL. What kind of questions do they ask for the writing component ? I really appreciate your help.

Has anyone received an interview after getting the continuing review email?

I got a continuing review email back in november but I haven't heard from them since. Were there any other continuing review emails sent after that?

I got a continuing review email back in november but I haven't heard from them since. Were there any other continuing review emails sent after that?
I received a continuing review email in November as well and haven't heard from them either.

Got an interview for the 19th!!!! I’m so excited but also nervous. Any advice? Are there really case studies?

There are two interviews...at least that’s how it was for me. One formal one where you’re asked things about your application and why dentistry etc. second one is an ethical interview where they give you a case to read and then they ask you questions about it. The writing sample is nothing to stress about. If you have prepared answers for interview questions, the answer to the writing sample will be some variation of what you have prepared in your head so just write it down. All in all, the faculty at buffalo are beyond friendly. They’re not there to see if you mess up they just wanna know who you are

When does Buffalo interview until?
End of February. They have been sending invites for these interviews last week (and hopefully this week so I can keep hope.)
I imagine alternative list will go out after those interviews.

I talked to admissions early last week so things may have changed.

Got an interview for the 19th!!!! I’m so excited but also nervous. Any advice? Are there really case studies?

Depends on who your interviewers are. I did not have a case study, but other people did!

Just wanted to make sure, but by when should you fill out FAFSA for this Fall 2020 for UB Dental?

for case study type of question, I have no idea who is that.Can some one give some example what kind of question do they ask? I appreciate it

I never received a "continuing review" email but was recently offered an interview a few days ago.
There were only two dates for interviews available (19th and 24th)

I never received a "continuing review" email but was recently offered an interview a few days ago.
There were only two dates for interviews available (19th and 24th)
Can u share your stats?

I received invitation for February 24th actually it was two day available but I’m OOS and needed more time to get to New York