You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by AngleClass3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
longroad2MD
New Member
Hi everyone. I'm a student of color who will be an M1 at UB School of Medicine next year. I live very close to South Campus in a three bedroom apartment. I am looking for a male roommate from the beginning of next year to make it 2 persons in the apartment. We can share the last room for storage. I figured my place will be more attractive to dental and pharmacy students who have their schools located at the UB South Campus. If you're interested, please inbox me for more details. Thanks and Good luck to everyone trying to make their dreams come true.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yikes my app was complete at the end of August and I haven’t heard anything yet, not even a “continuing review” email which has me feeling pretty nervous lolContinuing review email!
I recieved an interview invite 2 weeks ago. I was given the dates November 19, December 6, and December 9.
My stats are not wonderful. sGPA 3.0 oGPA 3.4. TS 19 TA 19. Nothing under 18. Don't give up yet guys !
If it also helps my shadowing hours are around 400, volunteer 120, research 300
I have more extracurriculars but dont want to brag so if you would like to know what clubs and other things i did to stand out feel free to message me
My stats are not wonderful. sGPA 3.0 oGPA 3.4. TS 19 TA 19. Nothing under 18. Don't give up yet guys !
If it also helps my shadowing hours are around 400, volunteer 120, research 300
I have more extracurriculars but dont want to brag so if you would like to know what clubs and other things i did to stand out feel free to message me
Same! Complete August 8th.Yikes my app was complete at the end of August and I haven’t heard anything yet, not even a “continuing review” email which has me feeling pretty nervous lol
Doesn’t let me message you.I recieved an interview invite 2 weeks ago. I was given the dates November 19, December 6, and December 9.
My stats are not wonderful. sGPA 3.0 oGPA 3.4. TS 19 TA 19. Nothing under 18. Don't give up yet guys !
If it also helps my shadowing hours are around 400, volunteer 120, research 300
I have more extracurriculars but dont want to brag so if you would like to know what clubs and other things i did to stand out feel free to message me
Did you get a continuing review email before the interview?I recieved an interview invite 2 weeks ago. I was given the dates November 19, December 6, and December 9.
My stats are not wonderful. sGPA 3.0 oGPA 3.4. TS 19 TA 19. Nothing under 18. Don't give up yet guys !
If it also helps my shadowing hours are around 400, volunteer 120, research 300
I have more extracurriculars but dont want to brag so if you would like to know what clubs and other things i did to stand out feel free to message me
Did you get a continuing review email before the interview?
I only got a email saying i meet the gpa because originally i had a 2.9
OOS or IS?I recieved an interview invite 2 weeks ago. I was given the dates November 19, December 6, and December 9.
My stats are not wonderful. sGPA 3.0 oGPA 3.4. TS 19 TA 19. Nothing under 18. Don't give up yet guys !
If it also helps my shadowing hours are around 400, volunteer 120, research 300
I have more extracurriculars but dont want to brag so if you would like to know what clubs and other things i did to stand out feel free to message me
OOS or IS?
Im from new york
Received an acceptance via email! 9:33 AM EST
Me too!! Aaaaaahhhh!!!Received an acceptance via email! 9:33 AM EST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted at 9:33!!!
nwalawander
New Member
ME TOO!Accepted! The conditional acceptance sort of tripped me out at first.
nwalawander
New Member
Accepted this morning and just got a phone call!! Congrats everyone, we have worked so hard!!
i received just a email
I know of one that got inDid any Canadian applicants get accepted or waitlisted?
What dates were you offered?Invited to interview via phone call on Dec 3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind sharing your stats?I got an invite to interview after getting the continuing to review e-mail back in October/November for those wondering
Mind sharing your stats?
I'd rather not say specifically but DAT was well above SDN's reported average for the entering class at buff and gpa just a hair below the reported average. I'm in-state
What dates were you offered?
They offered me a spot this Friday, Dec 6. It was either accept this one or wait until January but I didn't ask for information on those dates.
Did you also receive a continuing review email?They offered me a spot this Friday, Dec 6. It was either accept this one or wait until January but I didn't ask for information on those dates.
NopeDid you also receive a continuing review email?
Anyone that interviewed at buffalo today dec.06 get waitlisted or a change in their application status online?
Waitlisted
How many people were at your interview?
Hello, can someone who interviewed share what the short essay prompt was? If you feel uncomfortable posting, please dm me. thank you
Hello, can someone who interviewed share what the short essay prompt was? If you feel uncomfortable posting, please dm me. thank you
The prompt is different and its about 2 sentences only. My prompt was tell me about a time you failed and what you learned. The prompt is to just judge your hand writing because there's a correlation to handwriting and hand-eye coordination. They also take your photo the day of the interview
waitlisted today 😱. People who have been accepted, what is the deadline for the first deposit?Hey anybody who interview 12/12 (last thursday) hear anything back yet? Luke said they'd be getting back to all of us with a decision one way or the other this week but still haven't heard anything 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
30 days from letter of acceptance, so for Dec 2nd acceptees it is Jan 1waitlisted today 😱. People who have been accepted, what is the deadline for the first deposit?
Lakers2324
Full Member
@Morose @qnrnr
Congrats getting accepted to Buffalo Dental!
Did you write a letter of intent? I am currently on the waitlist and interviewed early December
Also, when were you interviewed?
Thank you so much
Congrats getting accepted to Buffalo Dental!
Did you write a letter of intent? I am currently on the waitlist and interviewed early December
Also, when were you interviewed?
Thank you so much
Last edited:
@Morose @qnrnr
Congrats getting accepted to Buffalo Dental!
Did you write a letter of intent? I am currently on the waitlist and interviewed early December
Also, when were you interviewed?
Thank you so much
Thanks, I actually did not write a letter of intent for UB. With that said, I strongly considered writing them a letter so if you have your heart set on UB, I'd do it.
I interviewed on October 7th
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K