• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenDomer11

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2015
  1. Dental Student
ullaqld.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

TSYK

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
I got the email saying that they received the payment. I completed the AADSAS application but the status on the portal is still "none". Am I missing anything?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
About the Ads

anonon

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2015
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
school is/has been hitting the ****ter. $3 mil debt and if faculty lay-offs happen (lol considering we had 2 faculty for 80 students), it's gnna get wurse

wengerout

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
  1. Dental Student
school is/has been hitting the ****ter. $3 mil debt and if faculty lay-offs happen (lol considering we had 2 faculty for 80 students), it's gnna get wurse

Considering the school is doing a complete renovation of the clinic after building the VEC, I'm gonna have to see some proof of this otherwise I'm calling alternative facts.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

wengerout

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
  1. Dental Student
I was just going to say that. If they were in so much debt, why did they decide to build a super expensive building?

After checking their post history he/she only post about Columbia in the negative so going to assume it's just a troll account/a very disgruntled student possibly.

About the Ads

wengerout

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
  1. Dental Student
I don't think CUMC is a single entity financially speaking, but I could be wrong about that.

Haha yeah I don't know either, some of the services (Health department for example) are so I assumed the financing would be as well. Still I haven't seen or heard anything so far to indicate the school is in crippling debt.

Badgers2

7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2014
  1. Pre-Dental
Has anyone heard back from Columbia that their application has been received? I had to mail them an extra LOR and I'm not sure if I should email them asking if they've received it or just hang tight until they start contacting people.

Likkriue

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2016
New York City
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Has anyone heard back from Columbia that their application has been received? I had to mail them an extra LOR and I'm not sure if I should email them asking if they've received it or just hang tight until they start contacting people.

Your best bet is to call. Columbia hasn't responded to emails I sent 8 months ago.

Reactions: 1 users

TSYK

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
Does the portal ever change to application complete? I believe I did everything...Do I just wait until they send me the email confirmation? I'm kinda nervous here.

JawJock89

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
Does the portal ever change to application complete? I believe I did everything...Do I just wait until they send me the email confirmation? I'm kinda nervous here.

Nothing changes until weeks after It happens. My experience with AADSAS was that some schools update it daily some don't...Columbia just doesn't. Relax, it's barely July.

About the Ads

2021dental

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2016
There are two problems with listening to Dean Stohler, the first is that half of what he says is not true and the second problem is that you don't know which half is lies- ask Columbia faculty or Maryland faculty (his previous school)

shellsterpie

2+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2017
  1. Dental Student
Is that email different from the receipt that you get right after paying the supp fee?

Yes, I received this e-mail two days after I paid the fee:

"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

This may be a duplicate message, does not mean we have received your fee twice- we just want to remind you that we already have your fee recorded.

Thank you for your payment."

fit2

5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
  1. Pre-Dental
Yes, I received this e-mail two days after I paid the fee:

"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

This may be a duplicate message, does not mean we have received your fee twice- we just want to remind you that we already have your fee recorded.

Thank you for your payment."
that's what i got too but that's it. so i was just wondering if they send out emails saying the application is complete

acemason

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2011
  1. Dental Student
that's what i got too but that's it. so i was just wondering if they send out emails saying the application is complete

Not sure about them sending emails telling you your app is complete, but in last cycle's thread, they did change AADSAS status to "Received/Under Review"

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.