You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind me asking when you submitted the payment?I got the email saying that they received the payment. I completed the AADSAS application but the status on the portal is still "none". Am I missing anything?
Me too. I submitted my payment roughly 2 weeks ago.I got the email saying that they received the payment. I completed the AADSAS application but the status on the portal is still "none". Am I missing anything?
Do you mind me asking when you submitted the payment?
I submitted like 2-3weeks ago. I emailed them for update yesterday and they sent me an email saying that they got the payment...
The last week in August the first batch of interview invites went out last year
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! I'm asking because I paid them 3 weeks ago but they are still sending me emails saying that they've not received the payment...I submitted like 2-3weeks ago. I emailed them for update yesterday and they sent me an email saying that they got the payment...
If anyone has questions about columbia feel free to ask i am a D2
I heard the school has big financial problems and is laying off staff, how much is tuition going up next year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I heard the school has big financial problems and is laying off staff, how much is tuition going up next year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I have not heard anything like that.
Tuition increased by $2172.
I heard the school has big financial problems and is laying off staff, how much is tuition going up next year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would love to know the qualified source feeding you this info....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Ask upperclassmen or Dean's office, will be common knowledge in a week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard the school has big financial problems and is laying off staff, how much is tuition going up next year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
lol not true at all
100% true, layoffs started this week and there will be more between now and December 31, memo from Dean's office
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
100% true, layoffs started this week and there will be more between now and December 31, memo from Dean's office
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Unless you post email proof or the memo, that just sounds ridiculous.
100% true, layoffs started this week and there will be more between now and December 31, memo from Dean's office
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
lol do you really have nothing better to do....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
school is/has been hitting the ****ter. $3 mil debt and if faculty lay-offs happen (lol considering we had 2 faculty for 80 students), it's gnna get wurse
Considering the school is doing a complete renovation of the clinic after building the VEC, I'm gonna have to see some proof of this otherwise I'm calling alternative facts.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
6
670206
I was just going to say that. If they were in so much debt, why did they decide to build a super expensive building?Considering the school is doing a complete renovation of the clinic after building the VEC, I'm gonna have to see some proof of this otherwise I'm calling alternative facts.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was just going to say that. If they were in so much debt, why did they decide to build a super expensive building?
After checking their post history he/she only post about Columbia in the negative so going to assume it's just a troll account/a very disgruntled student possibly.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was just going to say that. If they were in so much debt, why did they decide to build a super expensive building?
The VEC was technically built by/for the the medical school, I don't think CDM had any role in financing it.
The VEC was technically built by/for the the medical school, I don't think CDM had any role in financing it.
True, although I imagine most/all facilities are funded by CUMC as a whole no?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
True, although I imagine most/all facilities are funded by CUMC as a whole no?
I don't think CUMC is a single entity financially speaking, but I could be wrong about that.
I don't think CUMC is a single entity financially speaking, but I could be wrong about that.
Haha yeah I don't know either, some of the services (Health department for example) are so I assumed the financing would be as well. Still I haven't seen or heard anything so far to indicate the school is in crippling debt.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I sat next to Dean Stohler at a alumni event earlier this year as he looked into the eyes of the alumni ranging from the C/O early 1950's to 2014 saying they have made a commitment to cap tuition increases at a maximum of 3% per year. Trolls go home
Has anyone heard back from Columbia that their application has been received? I had to mail them an extra LOR and I'm not sure if I should email them asking if they've received it or just hang tight until they start contacting people.
Your best bet is to call. Columbia hasn't responded to emails I sent 8 months ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the portal ever change to application complete? I believe I did everything...Do I just wait until they send me the email confirmation? I'm kinda nervous here.
Nothing changes until weeks after It happens. My experience with AADSAS was that some schools update it daily some don't...Columbia just doesn't. Relax, it's barely July.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
6
670206
Do we pay their supp fee right away? Or do we wait for them to tell us?
you pay it right awayDo we pay their supp fee right away? Or do we wait for them to tell us?
There are two problems with listening to Dean Stohler, the first is that half of what he says is not true and the second problem is that you don't know which half is lies- ask Columbia faculty or Maryland faculty (his previous school)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think they send you a link through their email. Mine was sent like before I even submittted my AADSAS to any school hahaDo we pay their supp fee right away? Or do we wait for them to tell us?
anyone know if columbia notifies you of complete application?
I sent everything in and I only got an e-mail saying that they received my supplemental fee like two weeks ago, nothing else after that..
I sent everything in and I only got an e-mail saying that they received my supplemental fee like two weeks ago, nothing else after that..
Is that email different from the receipt that you get right after paying the supp fee?
Yeah it's differentIs that email different from the receipt that you get right after paying the supp fee?
Is that email different from the receipt that you get right after paying the supp fee?
Yes, I received this e-mail two days after I paid the fee:
"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.
This may be a duplicate message, does not mean we have received your fee twice- we just want to remind you that we already have your fee recorded.
Thank you for your payment."
that's what i got too but that's it. so i was just wondering if they send out emails saying the application is completeYes, I received this e-mail two days after I paid the fee:
"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.
This may be a duplicate message, does not mean we have received your fee twice- we just want to remind you that we already have your fee recorded.
Thank you for your payment."
that's what i got too but that's it. so i was just wondering if they send out emails saying the application is complete
Not sure about them sending emails telling you your app is complete, but in last cycle's thread, they did change AADSAS status to "Received/Under Review"
oh i see. yeah that probably won't change till august. columbia last year was later in the gameNot sure about them sending emails telling you your app is complete, but in last cycle's thread, they did change AADSAS status to "Received/Under Review"
oh i see. yeah that probably won't change till august. columbia last year was later in the game
Yup, the past two years they have sent invites starting late August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really excited about this school and a few others!
My status still says "none" on the portal. What is everyone else's looking like?
same. they won't change until like august from what i understandMy status still says "none" on the portal. What is everyone else's looking like?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 68
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K