Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
6
670206
Application complete. Now, we wait.
Same email! Wohoo!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you type in your ID number put - right after it then it will workIs anyone getting an error when trying to pay their supplemental online?
Mine is now under review too
Hey guys I'm a rising second year, let me know if you have any questions!
Since Columbia doesn't have any supplemental questions do they base interview invites purely on GPA and DAT?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Of course not! It's a very holistic criteria from my understanding. Your personal statement is very important, as are your extracurriculars and shadowing experiences.Since Columbia doesn't have any supplemental questions do they base interview invites purely on GPA and DAT?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
6
670206
what were your stats, if you don't mind sharing?Of course not! It's a very holistic criteria from my understanding. Your personal statement is very important, as are your extracurriculars and shadowing experiences.
Let me preface by saying that I definitely bring down the average stats of our accepted class. That might be partly the reason that I didn't get an interview/acceptance until Feb/March. That being said, clearly it's a very holistic selection because my stats were not amazing and I still got in!what were your stats, if you don't mind sharing?
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR):
21/20/22/24/19
GPA:
3.34 by graduation (upward trend - had a 3.8 senior year); Bachelor's of Science in Pre-Professional studies
i'm curious as to what else was on your application?Let me preface by saying that I definitely bring down the average stats of our accepted class. That might be partly the reason that I didn't get an interview/acceptance until Feb/March. That being said, clearly it's a very holistic selection because my stats were not amazing and I still got in!
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR):
21/20/22/24/19
GPA:
3.34 by graduation (upward trend - had a 3.8 senior year); Bachelor's of Science in Pre-Professional studies
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lots of good extracurriculars/leadership and shadowing. I also had ~3 years of research experience including a summer scholarship grant and also a co-authorship in a paper published in a high impact factor journal. I brought a copy of it to my interview and it definitely helped me stand out!i'm curious as to what else was on your application?
Invited for interview today!
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS complete: 6/16/17
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS complete: 6/16/17
Congratulations! 🙂Invited for interview today!
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS complete: 6/16/17
Congrats! Also got interview invitation today and was actually quite skeptical at first cause (honestly was not expecting one at all and) it seemed to have come out pretty early compared to previous years... (Columbia processed my AADSAS 7/22)
On that note, I currently live abroad and am trying to figure out when to book flights. Can anyone please share their opinions on whether they think interviewing on earlier dates is more advantageous? or any general advice on the interview process would be much appreciated! thanks
On that note, I currently live abroad and am trying to figure out when to book flights. Can anyone please share their opinions on whether they think interviewing on earlier dates is more advantageous? or any general advice on the interview process would be much appreciated! thanks
6
670206
Invited for an interview!! Interview #5 😉
22AA 23TS 28PAT. sGPA & cGPA >3.85
22AA 23TS 28PAT. sGPA & cGPA >3.85
Last edited by a moderator:
Can y'all post your stats if you feel comfortable doing so?
Interview #2
School: Columbia
Notification Date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/ None below 17
School: Columbia
Notification Date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/ None below 17
I also received an interview invite through the email! Is this real? I didn't even have my LORs in yet…SOMEONE PINCH ME! Hopefully more people will be receiving good news today!
Invited: 8/07
Residency: IL
GPA/sGPA: 3.94/3.9
Application completed: Unsure, because my LORs are still pending! But everything else was sent by Mid-July
DAT: 23AA/25TS/21PAT
Hope this helps. Best of luck everyone!
Invited: 8/07
Residency: IL
GPA/sGPA: 3.94/3.9
Application completed: Unsure, because my LORs are still pending! But everything else was sent by Mid-July
DAT: 23AA/25TS/21PAT
Hope this helps. Best of luck everyone!
Did you guys actually receive an app complete email? I only received an email with the subject “Columbia - Received AADSAS Application” and it says, “This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly.”
That's what I received before I got my interview invitation. I figured this was the "App Complete" email but I don't know.Did you guys actually receive an app complete email? I only received an email with the subject “Columbia - Received AADSAS Application” and it says, “This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly.”
That's what I received before I got my interview invitation. I figured this was the "App Complete" email but I don't know.
Got it, this is probably their version of an app complete email. Congrats on the interview!
I also got an interview today! When I first saw my portal I thought it was a mistake and then I got the email. Lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
What kind of extracurriculars do you have? Any idea how strong your letters were? I passed up applying to Columbia originally, but my stats are pretty close to yours and I'm kind of thinking I'd like to at least have a chance if I might actually have a chance at Columbia.I also got an interview today! When I first saw my portal I thought it was a mistake and then I got the email. Lol
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/ QR 16
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What kind of extracurriculars do you have? Any idea how strong your letters were? I passed up applying to Columbia originally, but my stats are pretty close to yours and I'm kind of thinking I'd like to at least have a chance if I might actually have a chance at Columbia.
Honestly I didn't think my extracurriculars were anything but average. lol I think three of my letters were good and one was average. I think you should apply! It doesn't hurt!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Interview invite (8/7)
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading) 23/24/21/18
Good luck everyone!
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading) 23/24/21/18
Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted738762
Will they keep sending interviews out this week or is it one day this week? Then you wait 2 weeks to get another interview batch going? I submitted my app just now so I know I'm not getting an interview yet lol, but just thought I might once everything gets verified.
D
deleted738762
I think with your stats they said screw it haha. CongratsI also received an interview invite through the email! Is this real? I didn't even have my LORs in yet…SOMEONE PINCH ME! Hopefully more people will be receiving good news today!
Invited: 8/07
Residency: IL
GPA/sGPA: 3.94/3.9
Application completed: Unsure, because my LORs are still pending! But everything else was sent by Mid-July
DAT: 23AA/25TS/21PAT
Hope this helps. Best of luck everyone!
scroll up ^Hi. Has Columbia started sending invitations yet?
I think with your stats they said screw it haha. Congrats
LOL I hope you're right! Very interesting situation. Thank you!
anyone get a confirmation for their interview after emailing them back and picking a date?
anyone get a confirmation for their interview after emailing them back and picking a date?
I was about to post the same question. I emailed them yesterday ASAP after I received their email. But as of now, I still haven't received a confirmation…Hopefully it's not just me! 🙁
I was about to post the same question. I emailed them yesterday ASAP after I received their email. But as of now, I still haven't received a confirmation…Hopefully it's not just me! 🙁
Same
anyone get a confirmation for their interview after emailing them back and picking a date?
I was about to post the same question. I emailed them yesterday ASAP after I received their email. But as of now, I still haven't received a confirmation…Hopefully it's not just me! 🙁
Same
That makes four of us. Therefore, Occam's razor -----> the staff is busy and will send us all confirmations soon.
D
deleted738762
Are interviews sent out weekly?
We'll See!! Praying for oneAre interviews sent out weekly?
D
deleted738762
lol good luck. Hopefully I can get an interview with my letter not being yet like the other guy. I requested them just waiting on my histology professor.We'll See!! Praying for one
That makes four of us. Therefore, Occam's razor -----> the staff is busy and will send us all confirmations soon.
I just got my confirmation email and I responded to them this morning so maybe check your inbox again!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yep. Got mine too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's great! I still haven't received my confirmation. I responded yesterday morning the moment I received their email. Kind of worried that it ended up under a pile of emails and they never saw it...Also, I simply pressed reply to the email that was sent to me...Was I suppose to compose a new email? Did I do it wrong? lol
Last edited:
It said they would respond "asap or the next business day," but I haven't gotten mine yet either. Maybe they meant to say "the next business day or asap." Either way, we did exactly what the email told us to do by hitting reply.That's great! I still haven't received my confirmation. I responded yesterday morning the moment I received their email. Kind of worried that it ended up under a pile of emails and they never saw it...Also, I simply pressed reply to the email that was sent to me...Was I suppose to compose a new email? Did I do it wrong? lol
It said they would respond "asap or the next business day," but I haven't gotten mine yet either. Maybe they meant to say "the next business day or asap." Either way, we did exactly what the email told us to do by hitting reply.
I'm worried about the "<donotreply@...>" next to the title of the sender. It's bothering me. I feel like I should've composed a new email and send that to the link they provided. Anyone who received a confirmation by pressing reply? I'll give them a call in the morning tomorrow and see.
I did exactly the same thing and didn't get a confirmation. I emailed Ms. Lugo directly and restated that I would like to accept my invitation and apologized if she received two copies of my email and explained the situation.That's great! I still haven't received my confirmation. I responded yesterday morning the moment I received their email. Kind of worried that it ended up under a pile of emails and they never saw it...Also, I simply pressed reply to the email that was sent to me...Was I suppose to compose a new email? Did I do it wrong? lol
I did exactly the same thing and didn't get a confirmation. I emailed Ms. Lugo directly and restated that I would like to accept my invitation and apologized if she received two copies of my email and explained the situation.
Ok, glad I'm not alone! I'll give her a call tomorrow morning to explain to her the situation as well. Hopefully it'll all work out! I really would like to be interviewed on the first day haha.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 68
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K