***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I received an invitation for an interview, any tips for it? How can I prepare for it? If anyone knows please let me know! Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an invitation for an interview, any tips for it? How can I prepare for it? If anyone knows please let me know! Thank you in advance
Know your application and yourself very well. Know why you did certain experiences, what they taught you, etc.
The type of interview you get (casual/semi-formal/formal/grilling) depends on your interviewer.
So just be ready for grilling and you'll be fine :laugh:
Also, it is a long day but students of various years are with you the whole time so just ask them anything, and be ready for a great lunch!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Current D4 at Columbia. It was my most relaxing interview. The interviewer is just looking to have a conversation. Just be yourself, know why you want to do dentistry, and it should go well. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Are there still pre-December interviews left?

I have not heard back from the school yet. Is it a good idea to call and say that this school is a top choice for me, so I would appreciate if you can update me on my application status?

I have not heard back from the school yet. Is it a good idea to call and say that this school is a top choice for me, so I would appreciate if you can update me on my application status?
bump

For those of you who already interviewed, are there two one-on-one interviews or just one interview?

anyone receive interviews this month? I wonder if they still send out pre-December interviews

Maybe they do have pre-december spots, I got an invitation to interview and I chose a date that was 2 weeks after I had gotten notified. You never know!
anyone receive interviews this month? I wonder if they still send out pre-December interviews

I received an interview invite today! Post-December dates available.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite, Dec 13th is earliest.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Mind sharing when your app was complete?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! I submitted AADSAS June 20th, verified the 25th. Submitted the supplemental early July and got the confirmation from Columbia August 6th.

Thanks! I submitted AADSAS June 20th, verified the 25th. Submitted the supplemental early July and got the confirmation from Columbia August 6th.

Last question, how many dates were available? Submitted around the same time and I’m getting antsy :S

Congrats!! Did you send any updates throughout the cycle / check in on your status, or was it just a waiting game?

Congrats!! Did you send any updates throughout the cycle / check in on your status, or was it just a waiting game?
Thanks! No, they did for some reason send the email saying the supplemental fee was received twice, on 06AUG and then again on 24AUG but nothing after that until now.

Last question, how many dates were available? Submitted around the same time and I’m getting antsy :S

Same as DrJDogg. I emailed admissions to schedule but havent heard back yet. Ill be sure to update with anything relevant once i hear.

I got the email this morning and am very thankful! To reiterate what was said above for clarity... the school is conducting interviews on Fridays only, essentially beginning on January 3rd through February 21st. (this probably was the first post-Dec wave)

Interview #7
School: Columbia
Notification date: 11/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/3
Application complete date: 9/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.46, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/24/None
Interview Date: 12/13 (confirmed)

Realized I've been checking the wrong email, discovered today that Columbia emailed me 7 days ago for interview scheduling, and again yesterday as a final reminder to schedule before 5pm to choose between 2/14 or 2/21 or they will de-consider my application. Emailed and left a voicemail to admissions at 1pm today. Haven't heard back yet FML. It was my first interview notification and my top school, hoping my stats will be enough for them to reconsider

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed back in September.. just trying to remember because I think I heard that Columbia does not give out many acceptances on Dec 2. Can anyone confirm this or have any other insight? Good luck to everyone :)

I interviewed back in September.. just trying to remember because I think I heard that Columbia does not give out many acceptances on Dec 2. Can anyone confirm this or have any other insight? Good luck to everyone :)
I also had a Sep interview, I was at a Columbia pre-dental event last weekend and a D2 involved in admissions said they're given phone numbers to call accepted students starting at 8 AM, so fingers crossed!

Not sure of the exact ratio of acceptances given on Dec 2 vs post-Dec 2nd, but a lot of people in our current D1 class interviewed and were accepted post-Dec 2nd. Some even in May! I interviewed in January and was accepted in February (for perspective). There is hope :)

Not sure of the exact ratio of acceptances given on Dec 2 vs post-Dec 2nd, but a lot of people in our current D1 class interviewed and were accepted post-Dec 2nd. Some even in May! I interviewed in January and was accepted in February (for perspective). There is hope :)
Ah, thank you! "no news is good news" i suppose lol!

I also had a Sep interview, I was at a Columbia pre-dental event last weekend and a D2 involved in admissions said they're given phone numbers to call accepted students starting at 8 AM, so fingers crossed!
Thanks for the insight!! I guess I will breathe a little easier after Dec 2 morning if I don't hear anything/no rejection lol.. at least that means I'm still in the running hopefully right?!

Thanks for the insight!! I guess I will breathe a little easier after Dec 2 morning if I don't hear anything/no rejection lol.. at least that means I'm still in the running hopefully right?!

I think it’s safe to say you’re still technically in the running if you haven’t received a rejection. One of my classmates got their interview offer post-Dec for their January interview while I got mine in September (also for my January interview). You never know who will give up their interview spot! Keep your head up!!

I think it’s safe to say you’re still technically in the running if you haven’t received a rejection. One of my classmates got their interview offer post-Dec for their January interview while I got mine in September (also for my January interview). You never know who will give up their interview spot! Keep your head up!!
Oh yes I actually interviewed in September luckily and loved it, which is why I'm so hopeful/nervous for Monday but thank you for your encouragement!!

Accepted via email at 8:37!
Good luck guys

Sent from my SM-G970U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Got an email at 8:37 then a call at 8:50!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted this morning and got a phone call! (IS) Good luck and congrats to everyone :)

Interview #2
School: Columbia
Notification date: 11/13/19
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/19
Application complete date: 10/21/19 (Final LOR submitted)
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/20/26/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 01/10/20

For the people who got accepted, around when were your interviews?

Hi, I haven't received anything from Columbia other than supplemental fee and application completed emails. I wonder if post-Dec interviews are all booked. Is it too soon to think that I am eliminated?

And please, if you know the available interview dates, let me know.

Thanks!

Realized I've been checking the wrong email, discovered today that Columbia emailed me 7 days ago for interview scheduling, and again yesterday as a final reminder to schedule before 5pm to choose between 2/14 or 2/21 or they will de-consider my application. Emailed and left a voicemail to admissions at 1pm today. Haven't heard back yet FML. It was my first interview notification and my top school, hoping my stats will be enough for them to reconsider

Interview secured! December 6th :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone putting their deposit down? Sending mine in soon! Have to wait to see if I get the HPSP though lol

I interviewed on 9/27, but did not hear back from CDM on 12/2. When do they send out the next "round" of acceptances? Or is there no type of pattern for acceptances from here on out??

For the people that were accepted. Would you guys be able to post your stats?