***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does Columbia automatically waitlist applicants with a post-december interview, or do we have a chance to get in without being waitlisted if we interview in January?

Members don't see this ad.

Does Columbia automatically waitlist applicants with a post-december interview, or do we have a chance to get in without being waitlisted if we interview in January?
I received a post-December interview and Dr. Zubiaurre said that about half the class was filled at the time of my interview, and that interviewees could receive acceptance as soon as this Friday (without first being placed on a waitlist).

Turned down my spot at Columbia today, hopefully it goes to one of y’all. Good luck everybody!

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey when does the interview end? Could we leave a little early?

Just curious, what made you more interested in Penn than Columbia?
I got the Dean’s scholarship and I think the clinical education is stronger. I’m not dead set on specializing so I think it’s a better fit for me! It was a tough decision though

Reactions: 1 users
I got the Dean’s scholarship and I think the clinical education is stronger. I’m not dead set on specializing so I think it’s a better fit for me! It was a tough decision though
Congratulations!! That makes total sense. I also got the Dean’s scholarship so I was curious. Good luck wherever you end up!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got in off the waitlist. It says to pay deposit by January 2nd though which is weird. Gonna check if they sent me december 1sts pre-admission packet on accident.

Just got in off the waitlist. It says to pay deposit by January 2nd though which is weird. Gonna check if they sent me december 1sts pre-admission packet on accident.
I’m surprised there already picking off the waitlist. Do you think they will be sporadically sending out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted off the waitlist today too and also had that error in the packet. I assume it's a typo.

I was accepted off the waitlist today too and also had that error in the packet. I assume it's a typo.
Same here I am wondering if they will send an updated sheet with the new date to hand in everything? Not sure when the deadline in.

How much time are you given to accept the offer?

Those that were accepted, did you guys have pre-dec or post-dec interviews?

I've heard from other dental schools' staff members that Columbia CDM's estimated COA was flawed and underestimated. I've also heard from Columbia students that they never paid a $ for books compared to the thousands of $ listed. So in the end, is anyone able to estimate the total cost for all 4 years? (taking inflation but not loan fees and interests into consideration)

I received a post-December interview and Dr. Zubiaurre said that about half the class was filled at the time of my interview, and that interviewees could receive acceptance as soon as this Friday (without first being placed on a waitlist).
I've heard the same. Fingers crossed

xoxo

I've heard from other dental schools' staff members that Columbia CDM's estimated COA was flawed and underestimated. I've also heard from Columbia students that they never paid a $ for books compared to the thousands of $ listed. So in the end, is anyone able to estimate the total cost for all 4 years? (taking inflation but not loan fees and interests into consideration)

Lol not true. If anything it's overestimated.

Never thought negative recruiting would go from college football to dental school admissions

It is true we don't pay for books, but there's only a few thousand budgeted for them. I've ended up either investing that money for fun or using it for other things (Loupes, boards and beyond, etc.)

For the record, I didn't take max loans this semester and was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Lol not true. If anything it's overestimated.

Never thought negative recruiting would go from college football to dental school admissions

It is true we don't pay for books, but there's only a few thousand budgeted for them. I've ended up either investing that money for fun or using it for other things (Loupes, boards and beyond, etc.)

For the record, I didn't take max loans this semester and was fine.

What is overestimated in the COA sheet? That would help me a lot

I'm interested in knowing this as well. Love the school, but the cost is a bit scary.
When I was there for my interview, people said the cost for rent is overbudgeted (think $1100/month rather than $1400 if you have roommates), you can get books for way cheaper than they budget, and you can stay on your parents insurance until 25 instead of buying their plan, just to name a few. I’m thinking extensively about this because I don’t know how I’m going to crawl out of the debt hole at CDM either when I get no financial help from family.

What is overestimated in the COA sheet? That would help me a lot
I'm interested in knowing this as well. Love the school, but the cost is a bit scary.
When I was there for my interview, people said the cost for rent is overbudgeted (think $1100/month rather than $1400 if you have roommates), you can get books for way cheaper than they budget, and you can stay on your parents insurance until 25 instead of buying their plan, just to name a few. I’m thinking extensively about this because I don’t know how I’m going to crawl out of the debt hole at CDM either when I get no financial help from family.

I am going off head so I might miss a few things but the rent, health insurance, books, and misc cost are all over estimated.

We don't buy books, some people pay as low as $700 in rent, most stay on their parents insurance etc.

Although I will say since the tuition is the majority of the cost I wouldn't let these small differences sway your decision either way

Reactions: 2 users
Emailed regarding the error and they apologized sent me a new link that doesn't work lol. Going to try the hard copy letter's link when it comes in the mail

I am going off head so I might miss a few things but the rent, health insurance, books, and misc cost are all over estimated.

We don't buy books, some people pay as low as $700 in rent, most stay on their parents insurance etc.

Although I will say since the tuition is the majority of the cost I wouldn't let these small differences sway your decision either way

Thank you!

Just wondering, about how long are the breaks (winter, spring, summer etc.)?

I was just accepted 15 minutes ago, so excited! Interview in early January.

Reactions: 6 users
Has there been any info sent out in regards to enrolling (background check, vaccinations, etc) yet?

Do any of you know if Columbia is having more interviews in this cycle?? Has anyone been invited after December??

After you interview, are you automatically put on the waitlist? Or do they notify you if you are waitlisted? ADEA still says "invited for interview" and I interviewed earlier this month.

After you interview, are you automatically put on the waitlist? Or do they notify you if you are waitlisted? ADEA still says "invited for interview" and I interviewed earlier this month.
nope. they will send you an email letting you know about the waitlist and if ur still interested you can accept and they will add you to it... once ur on it the AADSAS status will change to “wait listed”

Do any of you know if Columbia is having more interviews in this cycle?? Has anyone been invited after December??
I have an interview on February 21st, so they go at least till then. just gotta be patient