***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I hope theres still hope...

Members don't see this ad.

How many students are on it so far?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using SDN mobile

It’s hard to tell since so many current students (including myself) are also in it! For example, my class’ fb group has around 240 people even though there are only 84 D1s.

Also, some students join the fb group but don’t actually end up going to Columbia

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!

Just wondering, about how long are the breaks (winter, spring, summer etc.)?

This changes every year. They get shorter until in D3 and D4 where you get two weeks for summer. You get 25 personal days in clinic to use for interviews, weddings, etc. throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Did anybody send the deposit? Did they email back claiming that they received all the documents? Used UPS to keep track of my documents and it said that it was delivered on Thursday (yesterday), but no email confirmation nor did my AADSAS status change to offer accepted.

Did anybody send the deposit? Did they email back claiming that they received all the documents? Used UPS to keep track of my documents and it said that it was delivered on Thursday (yesterday), but no email confirmation nor did my AADSAS status change to offer accepted.

FedEx delivered Monday evening and I received an email confirming my deposit was received on Tuesday evening. Maybe since it's close to a weekend, they won't get back to you until Monday.

Does anyone know how much the second deposit is? I noticed it is due April 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recently received an interview invite?

Pretty sure invites are done. Last batch for late Feb filled up by end of Dec. sorry - just wanted to tell you the truth so you’re not waiting. Good luck to you

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure invites are done. Last batch for late Feb filled up by end of Dec. sorry - just wanted to tell you the truth so you’re not waiting. Good luck to you
Damn haha I applied in Dec so I guess that was a bad call - thanks for an honest answer though!! No point in waiting around :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Given that Feb. 8th was the last day to respond to the last round of acceptances, did anyone not accept admission?

Does anyone know who would be the best person to send an update letter to at Columbia?

Does anyone know who would be the best person to send an update letter to at Columbia?
Yes, you should likely update the dean of admissions, Dr. Zubiaurre. Her email is on Columbia's website.

Reactions: 1 users
So I know the interviews are all over and I didn't even get one- but when can I expect to get my official Rejection? Like my application still says Received?Under Review. Need the closure.

So I know the interviews are all over and I didn't even get one- but when can I expect to get my official Rejection? Like my application still says Received?Under Review. Need the closure.

People have previously commented that they never received an "official" rejection.
I don't think this is exclusive for Columbia, though - plenty of dental schools which won't, for whatever reason, officially reject applicants.

This is agonizing does anyone have any insight as to when people will hear? Or has anyone heard anything in the past month?

This is agonizing does anyone have any insight as to when people will hear? Or has anyone heard anything in the past month?
This past Friday, Dr. Zubiarre said that she will be sending out the new wave of acceptances shortly. She clarified that they wait to hear who is placing a deposit from the past round- January, to decide how many spots are left.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for the interview at Columbia. My interview is tomorrow and I am a little nervous! Anything helps

Received an acceptance email this morning. This will be a tough decision for me! Interviewed in Jan

If I interviewed on January 31st, when should I expect to hear back? When I had called them before my interview, they said that we should hear back 2 weeks after the interview. After reading this, it seems that most people aren't hearing back for longer than that.

I interviewed Jan 31st and heard back today that I was accepted.
If I interviewed on January 31st, when should I expect to hear back? When I had called them before my interview, they said that we should hear back 2 weeks after the interview. After reading this, it seems that most people aren't hearing back for longer than that.

I got accepted, interviewed literally yesterday

Reactions: 7 users
what would make it the most difficult decision to choose between the two? (curious cuz i also have to choose between stony and a prviate school)

COA for Stony would be about half that of Columbia. Though the curriculum and clinical experience at Stony are great, I'm not the biggest fan of their facilities/resources. Columbia's P/F system and opportunities in research and ECs seem more attractive to me. Though, my decision my be influenced by whether I receive the HPSP scholarhip

Rejected my seat at Columbia a couple of days ago! Hope one of you gets it! Remember though... go to the cheapest school you get into!! Do not be swayed by the name recognition of a school. You make the most of your dental school experience, and you will be well off wherever you put in the hard work!!

Reactions: 6 users
Got accepted on saturday!! Interviewed all the way in October lol

Reactions: 4 users
I know that on March 1st schools report who they have given offers, then on March 5th ADEA tells the schools who is holding multiple offers, then those students are given 15 days minimum to choose a school. So around March 20th, there is supposed to be some movement in the waitlist but how significant is it? Is it common for people to hold multiple acceptances? Seems odd to hold them so late into the cycle. Anyone have any insight?