***The Official ECU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

mintedtuning

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I didn't see one yet so I thought I'd get things started! Submitted the supplemental within 10 days of receiving. Anyone heard back yet?

Oh and good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am submitting my application by Friday. Is this your first time applying? Where else are you applying?

I just submitted my secondary and I am pumped. I got a tour of the school last week and met a few people dealing with admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and asked. I'm really not sure if they have set tour times but I did get to view the school.

I am submitting my application by Friday. Is this your first time applying? Where else are you applying?
Awesome! Yes this is my first time applying and I'm applying to a variety of other schools. Since I'm in-state obviously UNC, then 12 OOS schools are Tenn, VCU, Louisville, MUSC, Maryland, Tufts, Oklahoma, Boston, MWU-IL, Loma Linda, NYU, and Oregon. Hoping for in-state though! What schools are you applying to?

I haven't heard anything. At what time should we expect an email or call if we are getting a September interview?

Last years thread looks like interviews didn't go out until sept.

Still anxiously waiting... No one still hasn't heard anything?

I haven't heard anything. Its the great game of hurrying up to wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I got the email on Sunday evening at 6. I have to call and set up an interview date.

I got my invitation to interview 9/9/14... Has anyone set up actual interview dates?

Will be interviewing monday 10/6! Top choice school!

how did you all know when your app and supplemental was all received? im worried mine didn't submit or something. did you get an email?
You can just call and double check. They are very friendly there and will help.

Does anyone know if there is a ECU med school thread?

I just got my email at 10:46 PM to call and schedule an interview with ECU. This is my first choice in school and my first interview invite as well. People who have not gotten interview invites yet do not give up hope, yours is just around the corner.

Accepted!!!! Over the moon excited! Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
offer of admission email at 0624!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Darn nothing for me :( Will remain optimistic for other schools.

Accepted!!!! Via email 6:25 but found out first via a call from my interviewer at 7:32.... best wakeup call I've ever gotten. Huge congrats to those that got in and sending up prayers for those that are still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
I got in... I got the email at 6:24am!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else's interviewer tell them in the call that Dr. Wilson would be in touch later today? Still haven't talked to her and I'm curious as to what else she had to tell us!

Has anyone made a Facebook group for SoDM Class of 2019?

Is anyone else on a continuing active review? I interviewed in November and they are still in the decision making process for my application. I'm kind of scared!

Has anyone seen the facebook page? How does that work?

Wait listed 8:30 via email

Did your email specifically mention a waitlist? I received a message at 8:32am yesterday stating that my application was still undergoing review and to keep in touch with the admissions committee regarding my interest but there was no direct mention of any waitlist.

Has anyone else received an email with something along these lines?

Did your email specifically mention a waitlist? I received a message at 8:32am yesterday stating that my application was still undergoing review and to keep in touch with the admissions committee regarding my interest but there was no direct mention of any waitlist.

Yes I did too, bummed cause I really wanted to stay in NC!!

Yeah I got that email too. There's definitely still hope though.

I'm still in shock!
To those that have been accepted, congrats.
To those still waiting, hold steadfast!

I can't wait to meet all of my future classmates :D
Who all is planning on coming to the event on the 17th? I spoke to Dr. Wilson briefly yesterday, and she said that we will be getting an email with the details tomorrow!

I am interviewing at ECU mid December. Is there anything anyone could tell me about their interview style/questions? I would really appreciate it. Congrats to everyone who received an offer already!

I am interviewing at ECU mid December. Is there anything anyone could tell me about their interview style/questions? I would really appreciate it. Congrats to everyone who received an offer already!
It's a very laid back process.

1 student interview, 2 faculty interviewers (may be an adjunct professor, or just a member of the ADCOM).
Also, you get to have a brief "group chat" with Dr. Wilson. (She is the most friendly person ever, very easy to talk to).

Just be yourself. You're there so they can learn about YOU, while you learn more about their program. Good Luck :D

The facebook page of the ECU SoDM class of 2019 will be up and running soon!

Last edited:
I have an interview scheduled for December 11th!!!! So pumped!