You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official GRU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by tendram
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything? I sent in my supplemental, but don't know when interviews will start being offered.
Yeah, I've filled out my supplemental application and received my receipt for it... But I haven't got my confirmation email just yet. How long did it take you to get yours?The only thing I have gotten here is an e-mail confirming that they have received my supplemental application. And if I remember correctly they usually start giving out interviews in August.
What are your scores if you don't mind me asking?I received an interview invite yesterday by email for the 24th and 25th of August.
Science GPA - 3.8
Overall GPA - 3.85
22 AA
22 TS
24 PAT
GA Resident
Very nice, congrats! You're the first interview I have seen so far!
Awesome man, congrats!I received an interview invite yesterday by email for the 24th and 25th of August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application was held up by LOR's last cycle as well and I got the supplemental application filled out and submitted before my last letter went in. Unless they have changed anything you should be getting your supplemental stuff soon. Good luck 👍
Thanks for the info! Good luck to you too 🙂
Hey guys! Just wanted to say : good luck to everyone!
When were you notified and what are your stats?Interview! Sept. 7/8.
Congrats!This morning via email. 3.76 overall, 21 AA, 21 TS, 19 PAT. GRU alumni.
Hey guys, I'm a 25-year-old, nontraditional student who majored in Marketing. I had a subpar overall GPA (3.36), a decent DAT AA (20), and a pretty good PAT (25). I got an invite to the August 24 &25 interviews, so anyone in a similar boat, keep your head up! Also, I read somewhere that GRU requires your transcripts again (in addition to the ones already sent to AADSAS), which seems unnecessary and is also a pretty big hassle, as I went to 5 different schools. Is that the case? I'm hoping that's just the internet being all internetty, and giving me incorrect or outdated info. Good luck! Hope to see some of you next year!
Congrats! And they do require a second set, but you can always call to confirm since you have been to that many schools and see if there is an easier way to do so.
Wait, what? I am going to have to call them tomorrow about this. I have never been asked to send in additional transcripts before and it has never been brought up any time I have went to talk to them about admission. I even met with one of the faculty about how to better my application for this cycle and they didn't even mention it. If this is true my application is going to be really behind
.Edit: I just looked on their website and unless things have changed they only require an additional set of transcripts if you are invited for an interview. I'm still going to call to make sure. I'll try to make a post about it after I do just so everyone knows.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading the supplemental info for the schools I applied to on my aadsas portal and it just says that it's required for an application to be considered complete so I assumed it meant complete for review because it didn't mention interviewing and I was told to send it on in. But I guess since nubbin07 is interviewing, it would still apply to them.
Last edited:
I was reading the supplemental info for the schools I applied to on my aadsas portal and it just says that it's required for an application to be considered complete so I assumed it meant complete for review because it didn't mention interviewing and I was told to send it on in. But I guess since nubbin07 is interviewing, it would still apply to them.
Yeah, that's one reason I want to call them, because the way it's worded on AADSAS it seems like you would have to send your transcript directly to them regardless of whether or not you are granted an interview. But yeah, if @nubbin07 is interviewing they will need to send it in for sure.
Congrats, you deserve it!Got my interview invite for September 11-12!
in state; interview on 9/11-12 as well 🙂
When was your notification date? And mail out date?in state; interview on 9/11-12 as well 🙂
it was pretty recent. My mail out date was 6/20, I completed my application on 8/12, and my notification date was 8/27.When was your notification date? And mail out date?
What were your stats?it was pretty recent. My mail out date was 6/20, I completed my application on 8/12, and my notification date was 8/27.
Got an interview invite Tuesday for September 29th! Anyone who already interviewed care to give me tips/questions they asked. Also, how did the casual dinner with the students go
What were your stats and mail out date?Got an interview invite Tuesday for September 29th! Anyone who already interviewed care to give me tips/questions they asked. Also, how did the casual dinner with the students go
On GRU's application website, it says that my secondary application file was completed on 8/1; but I never got a confirmation email that I am aware of. I also just took two letter writers off of my AMCAS application that I am no longer expecting LOR's from. I'm hoping that this isn't what has been potentially delaying hearing about an interview.
Just thought I'd inform y'all on how my interview went so those that get one know what to expect. So, GRU does a two day interview (on paper it's a reception and an interview). The number of interviewees including me was 12. My interview dates were Thursday, sept. 11 and Friday sept. 12. On Thursday at 7:00, four students from each grade that are PART OF THE STUDENT ADMISSION COMMITTEE will be there to talk to you about dental school, tell you the ins and outs and allow you to ask questions. Ask questions. These people are evaluating you and you want them to remember you in a good way. Try and sit by these people instead of other interviewees. They did actually comment about how social my interviewees (and I) were and that they typically get very nervous individuals. It seemed like a complement, so I'd say they want people willing to talk because what will you be doing as a dentist? Communicating. Typically the "reception" is only 30 minutes or so (from what my two friends in dental school said), but we kept them there a good hour and they didn't seem to mind (even though most of them had tests the following day). The reception was said to be informal, but my friends told me to dress formally but lose the jacket. Maybe wear like royal blue or something. Basically, look good. Even though I liked all of my interviewees, some of them did show up in blue jeans and a polo, which may be fine... But I'd prefer to show them I'm serious about why I was there.
Okay, Friday was a long day, but it felt very laid back. Dr. Hanes talks to you from 8:00-9:00. From 9:00-10:00 she will show you around the school and show you where you can find each of your interviewers and you get a schedule saying who you interview and at what time (there will be two interview groups of six that will rotate between two of six interviewers). After everyone interviews, you will go to lunch and eat with several of the students from Thursday night. Sit with them and talk to them about what all they are doing currently. Talk to the interviewees as well. Dr. Hanes and Mrs. Perry will also join you. If you've talked to them previously, make sure to reconnect. After lunch, you get a presentation by Dr. Mozaffari and Dr. Hanes (the other Dr. Hanes) about research and about the curriculum, respectively. After that, you were allowed to shadow in the clinic. Stay in there as long as you can.
Anyway, I hope this helps some of you.
Thank you BWA1991 for the great information! I was going to dress casually for the reception day so I am glad I read your comment before I have my interview. Was the interview really close file? Around what time did most interviewees leave?
Close file? If you mean did they look at my application in front of me? No, but they did read my application minus my gpa and dat score. They started leaving around 5:00, but the guy I was shadowing didn't get done until 6:00, so I just stuck around until he finished so I could help him clean up and stuff.Thank you BWA1991 for the great information! I was going to dress casually for the reception day so I am glad I read your comment before I have my interview. Was the interview really close file? Around what time did most interviewees leave?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just thought I'd inform y'all on how my interview went so those that get one know what to expect. So, GRU does a two day interview (on paper it's a reception and an interview). The number of interviewees including me was 12. My interview dates were Thursday, sept. 11 and Friday sept. 12. On Thursday at 7:00, four students from each grade that are PART OF THE STUDENT ADMISSION COMMITTEE will be there to talk to you about dental school, tell you the ins and outs and allow you to ask questions. Ask questions. These people are evaluating you and you want them to remember you in a good way. Try and sit by these people instead of other interviewees. They did actually comment about how social my interviewees (and I) were and that they typically get very nervous individuals. It seemed like a complement, so I'd say they want people willing to talk because what will you be doing as a dentist? Communicating. Typically the "reception" is only 30 minutes or so (from what my two friends in dental school said), but we kept them there a good hour and they didn't seem to mind (even though most of them had tests the following day). The reception was said to be informal, but my friends told me to dress formally but lose the jacket. Maybe wear like royal blue or something. Basically, look good. Even though I liked all of my interviewees, some of them did show up in blue jeans and a polo, which may be fine... But I'd prefer to show them I'm serious about why I was there.
Okay, Friday was a long day, but it felt very laid back. Dr. Hanes talks to you from 8:00-9:00. From 9:00-10:00 she will show you around the school and show you where you can find each of your interviewers and you get a schedule saying who you interview and at what time (there will be two interview groups of six that will rotate between two of six interviewers). After everyone interviews, you will go to lunch and eat with several of the students from Thursday night. Sit with them and talk to them about what all they are doing currently. Talk to the interviewees as well. Dr. Hanes and Mrs. Perry will also join you. If you've talked to them previously, make sure to reconnect. After lunch, you get a presentation by Dr. Mozaffari and Dr. Hanes (the other Dr. Hanes) about research and about the curriculum, respectively. After that, you were allowed to shadow in the clinic. Stay in there as long as you can.
Anyway, I hope this helps some of you.
Thank you so much for all this information!! It is so helpful!!! 🙂
All I need now is an interview invitation...
I still didn't get one ;(
Hopefully, I will hear something from them very soon..
How long was your interview with interviewers?
Last edited:
Thank you so much for all this information!! It is so helpful!!! 🙂
All I need now is an interview invitation...
I still didn't get one ;(
Hopefully, I will hear something from them very soon..
How long was your interview with interviewers?
Two 30 minute interviews.
Which hotels did you guys stay for the interview? Any recommendations? I was initially planning on staying in econo lodge but after reading the reviews, I wonder if this hotel is that bad.
Can't help you there. I have two friends in the 2017 class that I stayed with different nights.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K